Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

It's even worse because Avery Brooks worked African American struggles into his character, like when Sisko didn't like the whitewashed Vegas lounge, or he made the writers not have a him abandon his children at the end of the series because he didn't want to further stereotypes, or when they had a goddamn episode about a black scifi writer whose publisher wouldn't reveal that he was black and wouldn't publish his story because the protagonist was black. Probably not going to see that in the new sanitized space pew-pew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Actually it's an entrenching tool.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Here, have something on topic. I guess it's old, I just saw it a couple of weeks ago while watching sports.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYxmxHoS7v4

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I saw a black panther ad where it said the revolution would not be televised and I kept thinking "he's a monarch."

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

The world is changing

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Taintrunner posted:

Tired: lining up for the Black Panther premier

Wired: rewatching your vintage VHS tape of The Last Dragon.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

The Kings terminated Mike Richards' contract when he was caught at the Canadian border with oxy instead of getting him in the CBA mandated substance abuse program. They also let Slava Voynov come to a team practice in violation of league policy when he beat his girlfriend.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/09/opinions/black-panther-black-america-donald-trump-bailey-opinion/index.html

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I think my favorite marvel movie moment is in Winter Soldier when Captain America says that surveillance and drone warfare are bad and you shouldn't have them. He then goes on to say that you do, however, need people like Captain America, because elite people like him know what's best for everyone. Then in Civil War he argues that the Avengers shouldn't have any governmental oversight.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Yeah, it's definitely a liberal meritocracy opinion and it's hilarious.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

That's a grilled cheese but you can use mayo on the outside to fry it instead of butter.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

It's...ok.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Shear Modulus posted:

the best hangover cure are the rehydration salts they give to children who are dehydrated from diarrhea

Yeah, I bought a case of these on Amazon and I take half a packet even if I only have a couple of beers. Sports drinks are just sugar water.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

40k was satire for a long time but then I guess they realized fascism sells.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

got any sevens posted:

how nazi is the non 40k warhammer with gobbos and waaagh

Not particularly. For instance, while the empire is basically devoted to Sigmar, a human who attained godhood, it is still polytheistic and has heavy regional differences in culture as well as elf, dwarf, halfling, and ogre residents. As I understand it it's based loosely on the holy roman empire. There are human nation analogues for spain and italy where a particular goddess is revered, and Bretonnia is basically Arthurian stuff. You have more stuff like the races uniting to face off chaos incursions than the universal hate everyone shares for each other in 40k. There are witch hunters, though, as internal threats from chaos are a problem.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Man, Black Panther was such a mess on so many levels. The CIA goon, the fact that they are an advanced nation that still has combat to determine a leader (certainly no racist implications here, no sirree) and that they go to the UN to teach the world about unity despite having a civil war about a minute and a half previously. Oh, and Killmonger did nothing wrong.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

In the movie a monarch defeats an insurrectionist and decides an outreach center is preferable to a populist revolution and the movie is financed by people who have agendas but we shouldn't casually comment with extremely obvious readings of it because, uh

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Jonathan Fisk posted:

ideally b/c you could do something of greater consequence than getting serious about superhero ethics in comic book stories which operate in a universe that only superficially resembles ours

thanos is the good guy, from a malthusian perspective, and it's horrendous what ne$$$tle is doing

The minute and a half I spent thinking about it could have been put to such greater use!

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

As a woman, I used to be oppressed. But now, thanks to apartheid, I get to do the oppressing. Thanks, apartheid!

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Kuiperdolin posted:

Latin America won, they never really fought (*), sold overpriced junk to both sides and got like third pick of Nazi eggheads.

* cue everyone telling me about the ten guys who sucked up oxygen on an Allies base.

Cobras Fumantes

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Meat pies own but gently caress ruining one with ketchup.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

That reminds me of this thing that comes with my sharps container for my humira.

Not sure why I need to be congratulated for putting a plastic tub in a prepaid box, but I did get kind of pissed off that it's telling me to take a walk when I'm taking this medicine because my immune system is eating my knees and spine.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Is it one of those movies where someone learns not to be racist and I'm supposed to be impressed by that? You know instead of just not being a racist in the first place.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I use it but I add some food grade vegetable glycerin so my hands don't get so dry.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

lmao a dress

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

You broads like stuff that shows off your gams, right? #gamesandgams

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Mashing my balls into paste in solidarity with the bourgeois feminists.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Brother Entropy posted:

the hell's a prvde

Latin for prude

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I think the new standardized art style is fine but it's pretty boring and I prefer the old mix of styles. The variety made it feel more fantastical.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

It's real

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

T-man posted:

"raise awareness?" who the gently caress is actually unaware of racism existing?? :psyduck:

Presumably the same people who have never heard of breast cancer.