Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Holy Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Despite the odds, one young writer is passionately chasing his literary dreams...

Brought to you by Taco Bell, ˇLive Más!

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Bro Dad posted:

the funny or die re-edit of their last commercial is still the funniest thing they've ever done, proclick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hEQJpzrTO0

gently caress yes

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Watch AT&T’s CEO give a forceful defense of Black Lives Matter

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

*fart noise*

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I paid $20 to go to that panel it was huge gyp.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Starship Troopers was extremely woke, but I don't remember if that pic was from the good one or not.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Jewel Repetition posted:

Kraft foods extends our thoughts and prayers to the campaign office that was firebombed. Such actions have no place in American democracy. Try our macaroni and cheese: it's the cheesiest.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

oh yeah this article is a goldmine.

I think a system that gives you social credit for being a good person would be a really good thing to implement in America if it could be depoliticized.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

If you read it with the ads enabled it reads like an insightful metacommentary on big data and the credit industry.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Where is a place where Tswift would budge a single vote? Her fan base is one of the most pro-Hillary demographics there is. Certainly the most pro-Hillary white demographic.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Zas posted:

thats not exactly true in fact

Millennial women are the most pro Hillary demographic of white people.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Zas posted:

that's not the demographic we were discussing

oh ok. I kinda assumed that would be her demographic. Am I wrong?

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

angerbeet posted:

I mostly feel bad for his wife and kids because they're being hounded by both sides and they just want to keep out of it.

P. despicable of them to do if you think about it since everything is political

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I do that but I use the codewords men and women.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Black voters were disenfranchised in this election on the greatest scale since Jim Crow. If you white neoliberal trashfires are trying to throw the blame on us when you couldn't even convince your own horrible parents to vote for human decency you deserve everything that's going to come your way. And you'll be surprised, too. Because you don't listen to us, so you don't know what happens.

*me reading this post and reacting as if I'm listening to a Beethoven symphony.*

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Consumerism has fragmented us, possibly beyond all repair.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Dreddout posted:

My ideology is Pepsi!

Mine is Coca-cola you worrthless piece of poo poo

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Lol was that guy really wearing thirty dollar shoes with an eighteen hundred dollar belt?

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Best Giraffe posted:

Isn't "patronizing" the exact right word to use, even down to the gendered prefix?)

Lol

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

deadgoon posted:

where is this jacobin article about purging the working class from the left, i would like to read it

That's a projection. Obviously it's the idpol left who want to abandon the working class.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Obama won't be able to sit on the sideline because he'll want to get in on the action himself lol

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Basically every other commercial tonight has been woke af

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

:bernpop:

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Black Lives Matter!

.. brought to you by Wells Fargo Inc.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

They do when the leaders are admirable and don't when they act like retards.

TB just has her wires crossed as usual.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Brought to you by Subway. Eat Fresh! posted:

Black Lives Matter

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Martin Luther King delivering a power speech in Memphis. "#365black" written on the podium under a pair of golden arches.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Pitiful stupid liberal cucks.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Same.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

The brave little girl statute really does own though imo. The corporate backstory is impotent compared to its obvious anti-capitalist imagery. It shows how deluded these wallstreet freaks really are if they think that statue will resonate primarily as a bourgeois feminist piece.

A child standing up in pitiful defiance of rampaging capitalism. She's an unmistakably anti-capitalist figure and I hope they keep her up forever. Better yet, I hope people idealize her and riot when they take away. And then they put her back and all of the Wallstreet goblins resent her presence.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Heaps of Sheeps posted:

Actually it does not own since its a loving advertisement for an investment bank that (lol surprise) defrauded its investors wrt mortgage backed securities!

http://www.pionline.com/article/20090408/ONLINE/904089993

No poo poo they are Wallstreet ghouls. My point is that its good art, and good art doesn't always resonate with people the way the artists intended. In this case, a dipshit investment bank financed some good anti-capitalist agitprop.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

:ssh: someone put a red scarf on the little girl :ssh:

(sorry for meme, i dont have a memeless version)

The radleft should probably go ahead and try to turn that girl into a symbol.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Hey hey hey! She's just married to a segregationist.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Darkman Fanpage posted:

its commissioning and installation were paid for some wall street exec, i think.

It was, but that doesn't matter because it isn't a self-evident piece of propaganda the way most these #woke things are. I think she could be co-opted for the Left.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Dan Carlin all but came out in support for single payer on his last show. More importantly, he denounced tax credits and the 50 state system as being obviously terrible.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

They are funny you bunch of nerds. Christ!

E: supposed to be funny, not actually funny

The Kingfish has issued a correction as of 19:13 on Mar 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Faux-sexualizing average looking men in a silly way.