Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

IMO if your community manager knows that Pepe exists but is unaware of what Pepe means these days then the/she should probably be fired for being totally out of touch with the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Google is getting in on the action today.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Also she is a british subject.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

The_Franz posted:

This is a company who's target demographic is hillbillies and blue-collar types who like their beer flavorless and "Brewed the Hard Way". I can't see this going over well with them.

Oh, and Budweiser isn't even an American company anymore. They were sold to the Belgian beverage conglomerate InBev a decade ago.

This had to have been written and shot months ago (or more?). They probably didn't intend to take sides against Trumpists.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Should say "Make America Northern California" instead.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I want to know if the innovation relates to the graphical design of the display board that you look at when deciding what to order, or to the development of the actual food that is listed on the menu.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

got any sevens posted:

But are they #disruptive?

#boweldisruption

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
IME macho outdoorsy types aren't nearly as interested in homoerotic jokes as current and ex military types.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

If you are darker in color than a brown paper bag then you aren't white.

Note that the inverse is not necessarily true.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the definitive honkyness indicator is the nips test

Is this pink vs. brown nipples? I was not aware that there existed a formal testing protocol for this.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

gently caress

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

FuzzySkinner posted:

https://twitter.com/ForestWhitaker/status/845571062813392896

Is it bad I find this to be a useless gesture?

Wouldn't planting trees, or trying to encourage large corporations to stop being polluting shitheads be a better way to do this?

It's way easier to just turn off the lights for an hour.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

It's even easier to "like" the event where you turn off the lights for an hour, but have no intention of altering your schedule or life in any way.

That was basically my plan.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I propose that Pepsi knew exactly what they were doing with this. Brand engagement must be through the roof!

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
So does advertising that your company and products used to be poo poo but now are definitely good really work? Domino's pizza did that too.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Perhaps we could debate something constructive, like why Hillary lost the election.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

At least it says "your vocabulary" and not "her vocabulary".

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
She has expensive taste in wine.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Fullhouse posted:

her name is Tomi but the guy called her Tami

calling someone the wrong name on purpose is like the oldest joke in existence

They're good dogs Brent.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Smoking isn't banned in restaurants out of consideration of the customer, it is banned because a restaurant is also a workplace and the people that work there don't have a choice about being there and being exposed to the smoke.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

I can't wait for a minimum income where people don't have to work in establishments that allow smoking. But you are freely able to trade your health, as covered by universal healthcare, for additional hazard pay.

If I'm paying part of your health care then you definitely aren't going to be allowed to spend your workday in a smoke-filled room.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Coke Zero was just DIet Coke that men were allowed to drink without feeling emasculated.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Is that honestly a problem? Where are these "men" who are simultaneously representatives of Toxic Masculinity, but are also super concerned about their specific beverage branding?

Coke marketed Diet Coke to women in the 90s and it worked too well.

edit: https://youtu.be/lmVexzzVfDA

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
WTF is Mic

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I'm pretty sure that we need a Godwin's Law correlary for millennials where every discussion topic eventually leads to a Harry Potter analogy.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

anime was right posted:

ozark is a pretty good show so far?

yeah

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Modest Mao posted:

is this one real

No verrit ID therefore not real.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
gently caress, I'm always behind.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
From now on no one can run for president unless they have a touch of dementia.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

It's a Milkshake Duck corollary.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
OTOH, it's kind of refreshing to see a politician who can casually quote relevant literature (even if Problematic). Imagine the kind of poo poo that might have flowed from Donald Trump's mouth in this situation.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

IDGI

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Why so much anime game chat in the Italian handjob thread?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Are we laughing at the movie or at the audience's reaction?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
pederasts

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

This product appears more disgusting than CP FYI.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

papa_november posted:

except not really since the hardest-of-the-hardcore tumblr tucute butlerians consider drag to to be the same as a minstrel show but for transpeople

To be fair, the banning of thinking machines from the drag scene was a net positive.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Crane Fist posted:

I don't understand this post at all

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butlerian_Jihad

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Did they open a branch in Taiwan or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Shear Modulus posted:

also joke answer: makes sense that if youre management and want to not pay too much for labor you immediately decide to hire all women

Or cut the pay of all the men who make more than the women.