Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
2016 League Page
Donation Page
Financial Tracker

Cheating for Charity is a Fantasy Football League. Each team represents a charity that the member is playing for. At the end of the season the charity of the winning team gets two thirds of the winnings from the season and the runner up gets the remaining one third. No league fees or other expenses are taken from the pot. A key part of the game is to encourage additional donations by "cheating." This is done through three ways. First, the amount donated becomes your FAAB. Second, players can "pre-bid" to get bonus points before the Thursday game. Third, players can spend their FAAB to swap out poorly performing players from their bench.

Past Years
2015: $4482 for the Southern Poverty Law Center
2014: $1640 for the Harper College Speech & Theater, $820 for Illuminate Academy
2013: $518 for Minnesota Children's Hospital, $518 for Loma Linda University Medical Center

quote:

Draft: TBD

Offense: 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1FLX/1PK
Passing: 0.04 per yard, 4 per TD, -2 per Int, 2 per 2PC
Rushing: 0.1 per yard, 6 per TD, 2 per 2PC
Receiving: 0.5 PPR, 0.1 per yard, 6 per TD, 2 per 2PC

Defense: 1 DB, 1 LB, 1 DL, 3FLX
Fumble Recoveries: 2
Forced Fumble: 4
Interception Caught: 6
Pass Defensed: 2
Block Field Goal/Punt/Extra Point: 6
Tackle: 1.5
Tackle Assist: 1
Sacked QB: 4
Stuff: 2
Safety: 10
Int/Fumble Recovered TD: 6
Blocked Field Goal / Punt TD: 6

Miscellaneous
Fumble: -2

Kicking
PAT: 1
PAT Missed: -1
0-39 Yard FG: 3
40-49 Yard FG: 4
50+ Yard FG: 5
0-39 Yard FG Missed: -1

Bench: 8

Cheating
Every dollar donated gives $10 FAAB. Minimum $25 buy-in means everyone starts at $250 FAAB.

Open bids out of FAAB to determine draft order. Top bidding player gets first choice, second bidder gets second, etc.

Before the start of each Thursday night game, players may bid up for a bonus for that week at a cost of $1 per tenth of a point. Regardless of how much is bid, the maximum bonus you can get is 10 points more than your opponent.

After the games are over players may spend funds from their FAAB to swap out starters with high performing players from their bench. The cost of swapping a player out is the difference in points, with every tenth of a point costing $1. These changes must be declared before kickoff of the first game on Thursday. No, you cannot swap a low performing bench player for a high performing starter to add money to your FAAB. You can, however, swap players from your starting lineup to your bench multiple times in order to rearrange the players to maximize your score. In this case you would pay every time the starter was replaced by a bench player who scored more points. Because I can't edit rosters after each week the weekly score will instead be modified by the number of dollars spent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Four down, as many as we can fit to go.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Smarms posted:

I'm out for this year. Finances can't support another run at the title.

Thanks for playing! There's always next year.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RisqueBarber posted:

I assume this is Fumble Lost?

Yes.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Well going from twelve teams to six kind of sucks. Any ideas for getting more folks? I could open the league up to Reddit.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I get more than enough cash from donations so I'll throw this out there; if someone can't afford the $25 up front but still wants to play I'll cover it. All I ask is that you either drop a few bucks into the pot if you can, or pay it forward.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sataere posted:

So where are we at with this?

We're going to play regardless. When should we draft?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I have never won.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Current list:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Spoeank
Aredna
Sataere
RisqueBarber
spacejung
internet inc
Ninja Bob

That's nine folks. Anyone else we can pester to join? I'm also perfectly willing to work out a schedule that makes this happen, like double head to head or something. More cheating!

What dates are absolute no-gos for people?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Doltos posted:

I could play in this league but I don't have a lot of money or any money to donate to charity, in fact.

I'll cover your $25 entry. All I ask is that if you have a few bucks here or there you throw them in.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Bad: 8/30 - 9/3, 9/7

How about some time in the evening of 9/4 to 9/6?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

MelancholyMark posted:

Hi yall, is it too late to join in on the cheating? Two buddies and I were looking for another league to join and I suggested this one to them. They don't have forum accounts but I'd be happy to buy them if being registered is some kind of requirement.

They'll have to be registered since all the cheating stuff goes through here. Otherwise I'm happy for anyone to join.

Also looks like we're go for the sixth. Any time preference?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Ninja Bob posted:

After 6:30 PST is best for me, I generally work until 6. If the consensus is different, I'll do my best to make it work.

Anyone opposed?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Draft settings updated. Please PM me your email address if you're not invited yet.

Also we do pre-bidding of FAAB for draft spots. If you want a spot bid for it. Remaining spots will be distributed randomly 24 hours before the draft.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Sep 1, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
No, I just got back from my trip and can finally now deal with this.

:siren: Important Announcement :siren:

I'm going to give everyone $25 from the stuff that's been donated to me. Everything you donate will be on top of that. That way everyone is on the same page, and perhaps karma will actually let me win this year.

Start pre-bidding!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

89 posted:

What the draft order, maaaane

We're drafting Tuesday at 9:30PM EST. Draft order will be decided Monday @ 9:30.

If you want to get a certain spot, pre-bid for that particular spot using FAAB dollars (everyone has $250 plus 10x whatever they donated).

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Aredna posted:

Thanks for the free $ Beer!

I'll kick it off at $100 FAAB (or $10 real life moneys). Will get more donated later.

Bid for a specific spot. So $100 for the 4th, etc.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
This is who I have:

Spoeank
Aredna
Sataere
Beer4TheBeerGod
spacejung
internet inc
Ninja Bob
Doltos
MelancholyMark
Arcticbrady11

That's 11. So far I've gotten e-mails from internet inc and Ninja Bob. That means Doltos, Melancholy Mark, and Articbrady11 need to send me their addresses.

RisqueBarber are you willing to play again? That would make it 12 people. Currently we have 11.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Woohoo!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Doltos is out. Anyone else interested?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Draft Order:

internet inc
Sataere
Spoeank
Ninja Bob
Aredna
Beer4TheBeerGod
MelancholyMark
spacejung
RisqueBarber
Arcticbrady11

I still need Melancholy Mark and Articbrady11 to send me their e-mail addresses.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Aredna posted:

I guess we are targeting 12 teams this year then? Still one short?

e: somehow missed the post with list of 12 teams above... oops

Yes, we're still one short. I may ask MY WIFE to join. Alternatively if I don't get email addresses in time I will drop folks.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

internet inc posted:

How do you know which team donated what? Do I have to put in a message to activate a filter or something?

MY WIFE could also join if we end up with an odd amount of players.

People either put a message in at the YouCaring site or they let me know here.

If I don't get an e-mail by 7:30 PM EST then I'll start culling people.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Okay, we're set. 10 players.

Kudos to internet inc's wife for joining our little bit of insanity. I flipped a coin and she replaced Articbrady on the draft order.

internet inc
Sataere
Spoeank
Ninja Bob
Aredna
Beer4TheBeerGod
spacejung
RisqueBarber
internet inc's wife name pending

Please do me a favor and change the four letter code to something that represents your SA name. I need this in order to keep track of everyone.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Aredna posted:

I hope we have a lot of people ready to spend $$$ this year because with 10 teams there Re on a be a lot of options!

Maybe we add an extra bench or 2 since we dropped down in teams? Should increase cheating opportunities!

I was thinking of making it 2QB. :getin:

But I only have 12 minutes to make such a decision so I think I'll keep it as-is.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I'm going to keep it as is for now. If it turns out to be a problem then you can yell at me next year.

And hey, it takes more than two minutes to spit out a projection. After all I have to manually highlight players. :)

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Draft room is up! GET EXCITED!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Was it good for you?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
:siren: HOLY poo poo IT'S FOOTBAWL! :siren:

Couple things:

A) Please let me know what charity you're playing for.

B) We've already raised $2419 for charity, which is pretty awesome!

C) Rather than scour through the charity logs this year I'm going to work on the honor system and please tell me here when you've made a donation. That way it's easier to keep track of things.

D) Don't forget to cheat!

I bid $100 (10 Points) this week!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

internet inc posted:

Is there a list of charities we can choose from or any kind of limitation?

No limitation whatsoever. I make the donation myself so I just need a POC. I would prefer it not be something I would regret getting mail for the rest of my life, so if you could avoid NAMBLA that would be nice.

I recommend Charity Navigator if you want a suggestion.

This year I will be competing for FIRST Robotics Competition Team 3650. FRC is a STEM outreach effort that does an amazing job of inspiring kids into technical careers.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
:siren: Please tell me how much you've donated so I can fix up the FAAB. :siren:

Cheating for the week!

Jeremy Hill (9.1) to Danny Woodhead (20.5) = 11.4
Allen Robinson (10.2) to Amari Cooper (18.7) = 8.5
TY Hilton (10.9) to Isaiah Crowell (16.3) = 5.4

Total: 25.3, $253

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Honestly I don't need receipts, I'm cool with people just telling me what they donated.

Ninja Bob posted:

I donated $50, I can find the date/receipt if needed. That puts me at $750 FAAB if I understand this correctly, and I'll be cheating tomorrow, because my bench made a bunch of points. Still thinking on my charity as well.

That's exactly how it works.

Spoeank posted:

I thought I had thrown in $25 a long time ago but now I'm not so sure. Do you have anything on file for me?

Sounds good for me.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

89 posted:

Can i take my charity from last year? The name slips my brain, but I did a lot of reading to decide it last year!

I haven't donated anything yet, but I will in the next week.

Yeah that's fine.

89 posted:

I change my charity to Soul Food Cafe in Conway, Arkansas where I live. There's a good chunk of religious stuff involved, but they do really great work. Feed the hungry and even do haircuts and put a lot of work into getting people back on their feets again. Lots of positive energy and I want to directly take my winnings, when I dominate this league and win it ;), to somewhere that is directly translated to good stuff.

http://soulfoodcafemission.org/

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Bidding 10 points this week.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Okay, theoretically everybody has had the funds that they have donated added to their FAAB. I'll deal with expenditures in a bit.

Adding your team name to your posts is immensely helpful.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Cheating This Week:

Danny Woodhead (RIP, 3.6) -> Isaiah Crowell (21.6) = $180
Danny Trevathan (6) -> K.J. Wright (14.5) = $85
AJ Green (4.8) -> Amari Cooper (9.6) = $48

Total: $313 / 31.3 Points

EDIT: Isaiah Crowell only has 21.3 so the total is $310 for 31 points.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Sep 25, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I haven't done any cheating. Later this week.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
10 points.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Cheating and everything should be up to date.

Week 1
Beer4TheBeergod: 100 + 253
spacejung: 100 + 56
Ninja Bob: 348
Sataere: 160

Week 2
Aredna: 100
Beer4TheBeerGod: 100 + 310
spacejung: 315

Week 3
Beer4TheBeerGod: 100

Adbot