Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Dr Cheeto posted:

Has anyone seen Herman Cain since Pokemon Go was released?

Quick someone photoshop him into a pokemon "ash" hat. I knew he was a barely closeted pokemon fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

FilthyImp posted:

I need Clinton to walk away with like 370 EVs. Cmon Nate stop edging me

Eu4 called it:

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I was thinking about the two often-repeated political phrases this year "This is the slowest Economic recovery ever" and "We're due for a recession". Could these two things have something to do with each other? As in i'm hypothesizing obama has been knocking it out of the park so well that we had a "recession", and it just slowed growth instead of shrinking the economy so nobody noticed?

Disclaimer: Only took 4 credits of economics, not an economist.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Glenn beck held some kind of hyperpatriot pop-up museum and talked about having barack obamas family album. He talked about his 2nd birthday and him wearing Muslim clothes.

Obviously this is freep: the podcast and is full of terrors, but its possibly the creepiest thing i have witnessed in any media.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Crabtree posted:

Here we go, round the Zimmerman pole again. Will Neighborhood watch shooting people from your pourch garage get a cop's level of defense again?

I'm not seeing any reasonable way he could claim self defense, these two cases have nothing to do with each other, this guy is going down for murder 1.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Madmarker posted:

Now I do not plan on voting for her, I think diluting the left wing vote in a purple state like NC is a bad idea, but when arguing with ex-berners who may be taken in by the allure of a third party candidate (such as myself, honestly), I do want some concrete things I can attack her on. So I guess what I am asking is if there is any hard information that shows her as an anti-vax candidate that I can use in discussion, because really that is the only thing I can think of that would dissuade some of my fellow ex-berners to vote Hillary. Or are the anti-vax attacks just misattributed attacks against the Green party's already dumb alternative-health supporting platform?

:sigh: Posts like this make me hate our political system. CGP Greys "First past the post" video should be shown in every school. Its a shame you are pressured to seek out attacks on politicians you might otherwise be inclined to support.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Ogmius815 posted:

Someone please explain peckerwood to me right now this has been driving me crazy for months.

It's an old-timey racist term against white people.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
This 2nd amendment gaffe is a great chance to point out something thats been bugging me all election. What trump says, how i take it, and how its taken.

Direct Trump quote:Thank you. It’s true, and these are the best and the finest. When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.
[/quote]

What i heard: "Someone willing to risk their life and fortune to subvert the legal immigration process is likely to be someone who would be weeded out by it, we should enforce our borders better".

What you heard: All mexicans are rapists, white power!

Direct Trump quote:"If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do folks. Although the Second Amendment people—maybe there is. I don't know."

What i heard: Hillary is going to gently caress the second amendment sideways, if you care about this vote against her.

What you heard: Someone please shoot hillary.

(Frankly "What i heard" could just as easily be "What he should have said", but really, what do you expect from a candidate from queens)

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Aug 9, 2016

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

MariusLecter posted:

What you hear is your brain doing a wishy washy "I'm still a good person, I'm not hateful and racist" but you are and you just can't cope otherwise.

Have i ever been anything but an open racist in this thread? You must be new.

Mostly its the initial "Mexicans = Rapists" quote from last summer, "People who wouldnt be admitted legally might try coming illegally because they want money" makes absolute sense just as he said it, and i dont get why another interpretation took off like a Saturn V rocket. (it certainly did)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Aug 9, 2016

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Wait are you seriously racist? Why?

I think racism is an aspect of our personality we should all identify in ourselves, admit, and make sure we dont hurt anyone who doesnt deserve to be hurt. But this does not jive with the DnD definition so w/e certainly dont listen to me.

and, ya know....... white nationalism

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Popular Thug Drink posted:

i think most people agree with that but instead of "make sure we dont hurt anyone who doesnt deserve to be hurt" you got probated multiple times for arguing that treyvon martin deserved it

Horseshit, you forgot the "Nu-uh! Racism is only racism with institutional power" clause.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Popular Thug Drink posted:

yeah. "we're all a little bit racist..." is ok if you follow it up with "... and we all need to work on that, and do better, to build a better society" but mattdizzle prefers the "... so you can't call me on it you liberal hypocrite f*g" approach

Why would i call you a liberal? I've been a liberal since i was old enough to think and will always be one. Stop assuming there arent Keynesian racists. The rest is a fair point. (I mean "Getting called on it" is the whole thing i'm seeking when posting here but, that depends on if its fun for you)

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Aug 9, 2016

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Doccers posted:

So Mussolini's militia was the Blackshirts, Hitler's militia was the Brownshirts, will Trumps militia be the Redshirts?

(Star trek reference ahoy)

Its gotta be "T-Shirts"

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Can we just re-roll this election and do it in November, 2017? Normally this would be uncalled for, but i think we can make an exception.

(Hopefully this time with more democratic candidates than could fit into a ford festiva. Lincoln Chafee? Seriously?)

((This joke stolen from Rachel Maddow))

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

FactsAreUseless posted:

The Weird White Supremacist Rachel Maddow Fan

Mods change my name to...

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Koalas March posted:

wait let me guess his dr who opinions:

Martha Jones was the worst companion

Martha jones is awesome, but the worst of the 10 companions, only because the others were better (Especially the best ever companion: Donna)

Koalas March posted:

Capt Jack was too gay/why are they shoving this down people's throats??
Captain jack was awesome and his gayness made him better.

Koalas March posted:

The Doctor can't be black and/or a woman
Yea ok. (Especially the latter, there literally arent any other white male role models with a "Only solve problems with nonviolence" philosophy.)

Koalas March posted:

Moffat is a good showrunner/writer
I'm on board the moffat train, Cho Choooooooo (I stopped watching after the smoking hot redhead left, i cant speak for the new seasons)

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

If Hillary had more Bill in her he never would have been impeached

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gwyEyx5gJ0

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Dork457 posted:

They nabbed the Trump tower climber.

Aww drat. I feel for him because i think these climbing events can turn out to be expensive after you get arrested. Do they at least bank off of it like the crazy right wingers that get arrested?

Still disappointed that he failed to poo poo on the building.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Geostomp posted:

What are the chances that they really do take his *wink wink, nudge nudge* instructions and go to widespread violence in the election?

If 30 or 40% of the population voting for trump is willing to commit Mass violence, Trump is a symptom of this not the central cause. We just need to figure out what's pissing them off exactly. (Or kill them all)

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Aug 14, 2016

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Pakled posted:

I like to use this as an example to right-wing people of why worrying about Muslims and Mexicans doesn't make sense. Basically all the complaints the right has about immigration nowadays existed back around the turn of the century but applied to the likes of Italians and Poles and Jews.

The real question here is one of assimilation. The Italian and Pole and Jewish cultures became a part of american culture, and with each generation italian polish and jewish children became more american. Today it seems we live in a world where that assimilation just doesn't happen and their cultures being adopted is decried as "Cultural Appropriation". I certainly dont have the answers, can cultures blend in the current climate like they did back then?

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Part of me is divided on the gawker death because while Jezebel dying has been a years-long fantasy of mine, ill have a hard time living without jalopnik.

(Not really it's a worthwhile sacrifice)

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

botany posted:

the "le-a" poo poo is literally from a re:re:re:fwd: look at how stupid black people are! chain letter from the 80s. it has never happened, it's not real, it's a racist meme about black people. congrats.

Next youll be telling me the story of "Dawon" and "Da'adawon" isnt real either :(

As far as names i always thought it was easy: Boys after badass angels (Gabriel, Uriel) and girls after classic greek stories (Andromeda, Phersphone)

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Donkwich posted:

I was going to reply to a post in this thread earlier that was in the vein of "isn't everything going to be awesome when all the old people die, gently caress you dad" with this point. I'm genuinely concerned that millenials (my generation) will continue to pass down racism when they become the dominant generation. The alt-right kidz aren't going away soon (especially after the Bannon thing).

Lol if you think racism is something that can be educated out of society. Every generation of every culture was racist and every generation will be racist.

Feudal japan? Racist. 80s west germany? Racist. Asian steppe-riders? Racist. Middle-earth? Racist.

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Aug 21, 2016

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Trabisnikof posted:

With American ingenuity we can set a river on fire!

:siren: CLEVELAND NATIONALISM TRIGGERED! :siren:

Cleveland gets a bad rap for this. People imagine "Lol that lovely city was so polluted that all the water became a towing inferno". In reality, A steel mill leaked a little oil onto the river that caught on fire between two bridges briefly. Nobody bothered to take a picture and it barely made the local newspapers. But time magazine (The gawker of its day) hosed it up for everyone by publishing a picture of a ship very on fire from 17 years beforehand, and the myth caught on from there.

Bejing deserves clevelands reputation for terrible pollution. Its actually a beautiful city where they managed to not knock down all the trees and vegetation as it was developed, so its called "The forest city"

Compare this photo to downtown Houston or Phoenix

but the lake is indeed, loving gross

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Aug 22, 2016

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I propose naming the social activist version of arzying "gfsincereing"

VvV childs play VvV l. Shouts out to Fans.

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Aug 23, 2016

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Yes, why ever be polite to anyone, it only leaves people unprepared for rudeness

This but unironically. Rudeness is love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Remember during peak arzy following trump briefly leading in the polls before the DNC, a few members suddenly went full-crazy and started barking about sinkholes being caused by global warming?

https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20160830/upper-west-side/sinkhole-from-water-main-break-swallows-suv-on-upper-west-side

Looks like trump made another satanic pact to get those poll numbers to "narrow". But the holes are getting closer and closer to trump tower. :derp:

• Locked thread