Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?

SedanChair posted:

We're now three months from the election. Don't forget to never forgive your friends and family for supporting Trump!

What if my mom thinks Hillary is shifty but hasn't voted in years?

Can I still have a mom? I really like her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

I expect that no matter how much Clinton wins by Republicans will claim she is illegitimate and refuse any legislation until impeachment proceedings relating to benghazi are concluded.

That's assuming of course that they don't lock her in a closet on January 20 and then claim the "inaugural deadline" has expired and the whole electoral process must begin again and if Ms Clinton had any respect for this great Country or it's laws then she would have been on time.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

Fluffdaddy posted:

None of those will happen because this is not some erotic Right Wing fanfiction. She will not be impeached or locked in a loving closet.

Are you questioning the Right Wing's desire to shove people into closets and keep them there in order to make themselves feel more comfortable about the world around them? (It was a joke)

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

I like how it looks like the dude in the back is trying to climb to freedom.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

Mahoning posted:

I dated a girl in college who wanted to become Catholic after a trip to Italy where we visited a lot of Catholic Churches and stuff. She was from this po dunk town in Ohio and when she told her mom she said something like "Catholics? Don't they worship some woman?"

I was dumbfounded. I grew up in an area where Catholicism was the norm and went to Catholic school and a Catholic college so I had never been exposed to any anti-Catholic sentiment that wasn't from the whole child abuse thing.

My brother straight up believed that Catholics didnt believe in Jesus. It just dumbfounded me, like how could this possibly have happened. He apparently had some weird amalgamation of Islam and Judaism in his mjnd when he thought of Catholics. Pennsyltucky, folks.

ParliamentOfDogs fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Aug 15, 2016

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

Honestly telling black people that democrats only really give lip service to racial issues and will never truly push for real change is probably the smartest argument trump can make because it is true to an extent. Democrats could/should be better then they have been. The problem is that the person making the argument is a gravelly voice coming from under the bed at midnight on Halloween.

Like it seemed like he was trying less to say "what have you got to lose?" and more "what difference could it make because it won't change regardless." He really is running a reverse negative version of the Obama campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

I only said it is the best argument he has to make and seemed to me to be more about trying to depress turnout then anything. He wont be able to convince anyone that he cares so he is trying to convince people that Clinton doesnt either.

• Locked thread