Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

ComradeCosmobot posted:

You know who's really bought and sold by Russia? That's right!

Now to a rational person who took Clinton Cash at face value, this should totally discredit it since they clearly threw together a whole lot of coincidences to rewrite a narrative in less than a week, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
My racist coworker defriended me... I guess her rant caught enough flak that she purged her friends list.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

A Winner is Jew posted:

The best way I've found is to tell them that it's W Bush vs Gore 2.0, and voting for Nader was how we ended up with Bush.

This usually doesn't work because these are the same people that still refuse to accept that Nader was one of the major factors in causing Gore to lose Florida.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Spiritus Nox posted:

Honestly, I'm more insulted that Donald Trump doesn't even have good taste in lovely chicken places. I loooove lovely fast food chicken, but even for me KFC is garbage. Don't know why he didn't go for the easy "Mah Values! :qq:" pick and get Chik-fil-a.

Lee's. $4 for 1000 calories of chicken and mashed potatoes, its unbeatable.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

TeenageArchipelago posted:

So, threads like this have been becoming more common on reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/Documentaries/comments/4vsqmr?sort=confidence

The link is a "globalist" piece of work, but the comments are pretty much a shitfest over whether Wikileaks is biased, with the "Wikileaks is poo poo" side throwing up decent sources and being ignored.

Has this kind of stuff actually been becoming more common, or what?

The problem is most anti-free trade documentaries are basically Riefenstahl films that had "Jews" Citrl-H'd to "Globalists", and people are sick of dealing with it. Anti-Semitism is on the rise on the right.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

theblackw0lf posted:

Well any kind of restructuring can lead to hiccups in functioning, so that this is happening in the middle of an important election makes me concerned how it will affect the ability of the DNC to function.

Also Amy Dacey by most accounts was well regarded, and also seems she was kept out of the loop from some of the things DWS was doing, so seems like she doesn't deserve what's happening to her.

OTOH, I trust the new chair to take steps to strengthen the DNC so some new fresh blood might be a good thing.

And if it makes the Sanders supporters feel better than guess it's worth ti.

None of them really deserved this and this is all just throwing red meat to the BernieBros who needed at least one powerful woman taken down a peg.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Josh Lyman posted:

I've been saying this for a while and goons would question it.

Says the guy who almost got fired on the first episode.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Levon, Levon likes his money

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Hillary should pay Eric Andre a bunch of money to just follow Trump's campaign around in a van and shout things at him.

Ah the George "Macaca" Allen ploy

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Joe Biden can officiate a wedding? Is that a power from being the VP or something else?

Anyone can officiate a wedding, it takes like $20 and 5 minutes to get an online certification.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I thought he blacklisted WaPo

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

zoux posted:

Wait, they think it is payback for the 1979 coup hostages?

No, they think this was a payoff to earn the release of those 3-4 totally innocent not at all spies that Iran had arrested for various clear spy activities.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

seiferguy posted:

Last time D&D had a Japan nukes thread I'm pretty sure it got gassed. This discussion is toxic.

Let's not forget about the laughable Taisei Yokusankai boy, Tojo

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/Reince/status/760858723107606528

Uh I'm ASSUMING this isn't about Trump but there's only one person whose out of touch leadership is the headline story on every network right now.

They're bitching about us getting spies freed by giving Iran their own money that we already promised them.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
If not for asbestos, what made the 9/11 wreckage so horribly unhealthy? Just all the atomized fiberglass insulation and stuff?

e: googled it. Looks like fiberglass, trace amounts of asbestos, and carcinogenic hydrocarbons consistent with the exhaust of a slowly smoldering fire.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
So I keep hearing about these Iranian "hostages" - were they innocent and we traded known spies for them, or were they probably guilty as poo poo and rightfully arrested?

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Popular Thug Drink posted:

one was a journalist who probably wasn't up to anything, one was a former marine who did intel and was in iran visiting relatives for ramadan, one was a pastor trying to build an orphanage, one was a student who probably wandered across the border stupidly, and there was another guy who is probably a chronic liar and general weirdo

iran is still holding a guy who probably has CIA connections

I thought there was some deal with that Pastor that was fishy - like trying to form a religious resistance movement or something.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Sword of Chomsky posted:

So is anyone else worried about an uptick in right wing militia groups and other anti government groups?

https://twitter.com/sarahkendzior/status/760932576001339392?s=09

Not really these types of folks tend to get themselves blasted away, leading to hours of great footage on liveleak of reactionary mistakes of history being corrected.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Are you loving kidding me?

A man who should have been hanged for treason and then revived so he could be hanged for sponsoring mass murder, who sold Iran 1000 guided anti-tank missiles, who funded nun-raping death squads... is lecturing us on Iran.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Mr Hootington posted:

sounds like a great time!

I would have beaned that stupid smug driver

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

CommieGIR posted:

Eric apparently hasn't been following whats going on in Kansas very closely.

Probably cause he can't do anything but spout Tea Party nonsense.

The current Democratic governor is the only reason Missouri isn't Kansas right now. The legislature went absolutely insane in recent years. Their speaker of the house from 2012 to 2015 was an unapologetic Birther.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I think Trump won't skip the debate because he honestly thinks he will win

Conveniently for him no matter how poorly he does he still won.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/761311120107900928

Obama is just no longer giving fucks

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Mahoning posted:

This isn't a good look for Obama, considering just yesterday he was saying "The Iran deal worked, just ask Israel!"

The Israelis are getting antsy because it's been over a year since the last time they dropped white phosphorus on a playground

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

theblackw0lf posted:

Interesting

https://twitter.com/aedwardslevy/status/761611705457713152

This may partly explain why that Latino poll in Florida only showed around 17% of hispanics supporting Trump, while in that other general poll of Florida he was getting around 30%.

Cuban ex-pats are such awful people that it makes Castro look better by comparison.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

haveblue posted:

He announced he had forgiven those loans, did he ever file the paperwork to make it official?

I think he did, after constant press badgering. He was probably pretty sour about that since he isn't actually even worth a billion dollars.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Hey guys if you're wondering what next week's dumb smear against Clinton will be, noted guy-who-committed-treason Tom Cotton started to run it out today - http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/cotton-clinton-discussed-executed-iranian-scientist-on-email/article/2598807

TL;DR Clinton mentioned a guy got executed postmortem - therefore she got him executed.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Geostomp posted:

Are they that desperate? All their "scandals" failed, so falling is all they have?

"Hillary Clinton is literally dying" has been a thing among the alt-right for years.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Samurai Sanders posted:

Hillary has been really quiet since the convention so what else are they going to do?

She did an interview with Chris Wallace right after the convention where she tried to nuance the fact that Comey testified that she was truthful in her FBI interviews into "I didn't lie about the emails", and it didn't work out too hot.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I can't tell who looks more like an inbred hillbilly, Tom Cotton or Trey Gowdy

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Administrations have hundreds of officials and WaPo won't let me view the article, who is it?

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Spaced God posted:

Incognito my friend.

Ah thanks.

I was hoping it would be Condi. Guess there's still time.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Technically wind turbines are a higher risk for larger and more endangered bird species than the usual buildings/cats defense. But given that these arguments come from the same folks that think DDT got a bad wrap, it's hard to take it seriously.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Dirt posted:

He's got some childcare tax credit thing I saw on Twitter. I'm sure it's got a terrible drawback though

Benefits rich (white) people more. It's a plan for more white children.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

PoorMoralCompass posted:

Has there ever been a sound argument explaining why globalism is... frightening? What the definition of 'globalism' anyway?
Honest question.

Replace "globalists" with "jews" and realize who the target audience is.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Pakled posted:

I swear like 90% of the time I see "BLM" instead of "Black Lives Matter" it's written by a horrible racist.

Black Lives literally aren't worth writing out an entire acronym to them.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

vyelkin posted:

The biggest names on this letter are probably Michael Hayden, Tom Ridge, and John Negroponte, it's not exactly a devastating indictment by a bunch of household names.

Michael Chertoff - so basically Bush's only two secretaries of homeland security.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

iospace posted:

American IP law is partially terrible thanks to a certain business down in Florida that keeps on seeming to get the copyright limit extended every time a certain property is about to expire.

Is it Mickey Mouse?

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Oh look 150 new posts I wonder if there was a new gaffe.... oh.... ohhhh... :allbuttons:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

iospace posted:

Clinton camp also disavowed him:
https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/763200686909755392

What exactly did he do?

He said he wanted to keep your tax dollars from going to black people. Verbatim.

He later clarified that he actually said "blagh people", as in wasteful people. Anyway he somehow got a pass.

• Locked thread