Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I don't know where the hell the Republican party will actually go after Trump (presuming he doesn't actually become Emperor of the World like he thinks he will). People have said Ted Cruz but he doesn't have any reality entertainment appeal which I can't help but think will just kill enthusiasm from the Trump demographic and make it pretty hard for him to do as well if there's even one person trying the same routine as Trump in 2020. Is this gonna be the jump-the-shark moment for GOP presidential bids for however long it takes for them to pivot out of the Southern Strategy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

WoodrowSkillson posted:

This is less interesting than the last facebook quote you posted across 5 threads.

im guessing you arent religious or know anyone who is

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Kilroy posted:

It's an interesting bit of hand wringing from someone who has likely voted straight-ticket Republican since the late seventies, but on the other hand who loving cares what these assholes think anymore. I read it until I was all schadenfreuded out, then closed the tab.

I'd love to agree but a) they still vote so an argument they'll accept for not voting straight R this time is good in my book and b) I'm stuck with family who are in this headspace so yeah. It may not do any good anyway but I'm glad to be able to pass it on at any rate for whatever good it will do.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

I can't see the GOP getting remotely closer to winning the presidential race by dumping Trump at this point. Has this sort of thing even ever happened?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

CelestialScribe posted:

It's not about winning the presidency anymore. It's ensuring western civilization continues.

:lol: Like that matters in a party that had Zodiac Killer as the no-poo poo runner up this round. I mean I guess at least he'd only destroy western democracy and not civilization.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Gravel Gravy posted:

Hopefully Mr. Trump has watched War Games at least once since then.

Where The Wind Blows would be my choice for required Trump viewing. Then if he's still not impressed Threads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

iospace posted:

Winner take all, if I remember right, was to prevent another Ron Paul situation.

So is the GOP only up to two situations or are there more than that? Do you have a handy diagram?

• Locked thread