Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
How long until the debates start? Is Johnson going to be included?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

What if my mom thinks Hillary is shifty but hasn't voted in years?

Can I still have a mom? I really like her.

No. 10 years Gulag for Mother

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I'd say if its a Trump win the 1000 posts a day dont stop till January. If Hillary, they'll stop right after she's elected

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Wait, I didn't hear about the whole nudes leak thing, is that actually for really real?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Josh Lyman posted:

Yes. It's on the homepage of the New York Post. NSFW if you click through, obviously.

haha what the gently caress is this election cycle

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Huh, I just reminded myself of the whole 'still need a 9th supreme court justice' thing. Did Congress really not let Obama appoint someone? And won't Hillary just nominate the same person anyways?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Star Man posted:

Additionally, should I be terrified of the remaining 30,000 DNC emails that Aassange/FSB have? Like, I hope it's just more pointless chatter and work-related material.

Assange is saying its stuff thats like, really really bad this time.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

My next door neighbor has the following bumper stickers on his car:

- Ron Paul 2012
- Bernie 2016
- TRUMP: Make America Great Again
- Coexist
- Fluoride is a carcinogen. Clean water for all.
- Support Hemp Farmers
- Infowars.com

I have never spoken to him, but he is a bald white man in his early 30's. I think asking him about his stickers would result in a very weird conversation. I'm not sure how you reach all of those conclusions simultaneously.

This is the only bumper sticker I'm ever gonna need

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
So I've seen some talk on it and it seems the biggest issue with our politics is that when it comes to a national scale, there is pretty much only two parties. I've seen some discussion on how to fix this and most people usually point to the Alternate Vote (as opposed to our current system which is like Past the Post or something ??) but would something like that really "fix" our system or would most people not even care and just vote Blue or Red anyways?

e;

DoctorWhat posted:

Joke's on them, that photographer wound up tormented by their own sense of inadequacy while exploring an infinite labyrinth beneath their new house in Virginia.

I feel like it is but I'm not certain but is that an As Above So Below reference

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Pakled posted:

Unfortunately, no amount of Trump hate is going to convince Utah to elect the first trans person to be nominated to run for the US Senate by a major party.

Alright, I get the fact that it would be a cool precedent to set that anyone of any sort of gender background along the LGBT wheel can make it in politics in America, but do they really expect a Trans candidate to win in loving Utah?!?!?!

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
What is it with him and the word good? Like, has he ever heard of a synonym or something ?????

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Edmund Lava posted:

Is this the first year the general election started before the Olympics? Going to be weird seeing the candidates try to pry attention away from that.

i mean i dont think people really want to think about the shitshow that will be rio 2016
honestly it wouldn't surprise me if more people started to tune into The International rather than the Olympics this year

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I mean him not supporting McCain isn't shocking considering Trump considers him a failure for being caught and undergoing the PoW torture he went through, so i'm not sure what people were expecting TBH

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Bip Roberts posted:

Hmm takes a real hero to be too bad at flying jets to napalm farmers without crashing.

Please leave the low effort trolls at the door

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
So I have a dumb question that I can't find an answer to by googling: Who/What is it that controls whether people participate in the debates or not? Is it like a law or something? Or if Trump decides to not show up to the Debates are they gonna be like "Hey Johnson, wanna come on down?"

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
If you don't have pride in your country then I dunno move or something I guess? Maybe don't talk about the politics for said country in said country's politics thread? I dunno, every time I hear someone talking about how people taking pride in their country or like wearing the country's flag on a shirt is stupid or pointless just seems like you're being pessimistic for no reason. Like have you ever been to a group outing of like 100+ people? Sometimes being loud as gently caress about who you are can be fun

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

rscott posted:

Didn't you like wander into D&D with a bunch of dumb opinions like a week ago, maybe you shouldn't be telling people to :frogout:

Dumbest thing I said was the rigged election thing because I heard all of that stuff as the emails were coming out and didn't look further into it, which was my mistake. The big thing about those emails was the dating and the fact that there were literally like 5 of the 20,000 emails that even alluded to Bernie and it was all after Bernie dropped out of the race. Other than that, no, haven't said as stupid stuff like "having patriotism is just stupid"

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

ImpAtom posted:

Nationalism is dumb. Moving wouldn't change that. That doesn't mean I don't care about the politics because I live here and would prefer it not to be a shithole.

Believing the place you live should be a good place isn't the same as believing it is blessed by god to be the greatest nation on earth.

And that's not what patriotism is either, it's a pretty good extremist example of it though!

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

ImpAtom posted:

That isn't extreme. It is literally what both political parties say on a regular basis and what was broadcast over the intercom at school when I was growing up. We broadcast ourselves as "the land of the free and the home of the brave" and other such things in our national anthem. This is the normal for us.

Ok, I can understand the sentiment behind the school thing (the pledge being pretty ingrained into every kid's head from age 5 onward is really friggin weird) but having pride in your country isn't a bad thing. Most people don't take it as a "We are the best country in the world jesus bless our hearts" thing. Most people just sorta see Patriotism as a "This country is my home and I wouldn't call any other place home because of it" because of the experiences they have had in their time in that country. Most people recognize that the United States has a lot of hosed poo poo about it, but what country doesn't? There's pros and cons to every country everywhere and yet most people are still probably proud of the place they call home. If you want to stand aside and call me stupid for shouting like a dumb lunatic while lighting fireworks off on fourth of july or for taking part of USA chants or for flying a flag on our house then that's your right, just as much as it is mine. That's just my takeaway from it, always has been always will be.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

That would be my sister. :smith:

I think you mean ex-sister

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Has trump imploded anymore while I slept?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Slickdrac posted:

For those that just want the list at the end to grab eyes that would refuse otherwise just by seeing Hillary on the post.

Is the money drop video the same as the top secret video he was going around talking about that all of his staff was just like 'that didn't happen what are you talking about'

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Mountaineer posted:

What is Trump's campaign even spending money on? I just heard on the radio the other day that he raised a lot of money in July, though not as much as Clinton. It sounds like he isn't spending much on ads or organizing.

Making America Great Again :v:

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

vyelkin posted:

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/761668298761089025

There is literally video of him yesterday doing something and now he thinks he can just rewrite his own words.

He's trying to do the thing that all of his followers have been doing of taking whatever horrible awful thing he said and just going "BWUUUUUH IT WAS TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT WHAT HE REALLY SAID WAS THIS" when in reality no, it wasn't out of context and he really said the horrible awful thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Crabtree posted:

Well okay, he just dies of natural causes mid tweet. What would his dying words be?

SAD!

• Locked thread