Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

botany posted:

Reminder that people in this thread who don't understand statistics thought Nate Silver had his finger on the scale for Trump and we explained in detail that exactly this would happen and why.

Looking at the now-cast and "adjusted leader" columns for New Hampshire right now and yep, I definitely misunderstood Nate's methodology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/trump-new-york-times-226546

quote:

“They don’t write good. They have people over there, like Maggie Haberman and others, they don’t — they don’t write good,” he said. “They don’t know how to write good.”

:psyboom:

edit: for emphasis: :psyboom::psyboom::psyboom::psyboom::psyboom::psyboom:

berserker fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Aug 2, 2016

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

The Rokstar posted:

Apologies if this has been brought up a zillion times, I've been following the thread in spots but I've probably missed stuff. Why in the world is Paul Ryan up in a primary next week? I mean, the conventions are already over and the presidential nominee is already decided. Does Wisconsin just do multiple primaries for some weird reason?

Many states (including WI, and AZ) held a Presidential Preference Election during the "primaries" and are having their REAL primary in the next week or two.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
Word is the purple heart Trump was given was a "copy"

edit: https://twitter.com/day_off_ales/status/760603026629406720

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

iospace posted:

See, when Cruz gave his speech, I thought it was by far the best speech of the RNC. It was hopeful. It was impassioned. It wasn't overly negative or overly reliant on bashing Hillary. It was a great speech to stump for his party's platform and a reminder "It's more than just the presidential race here!"

But, he didn't bend the knee, and his message got lost.

It was also one of the only speeches that actually had any substance regarding Republican policy. No one cared. Good though, because gently caress Ted Cruz.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

i am the bird posted:

Have we talked about Jill Stein's new conspiratorial running mate yet? Does anyone care? Is anyone actually voting for her besides a handful of angry white people on my Facebook feed?

No, can you tell us who this person is and what is so conspiratorial about him/her?

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Grouchio posted:

Now I've just heard that many GOP moderates are beginning to flock to Clinton, including one massive PAC contributor. Who are they and should I start to get excited?

Meg Whitman

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Clevermuldoon posted:

Who spells friendship as two words?

He's literally talking about their "friend ship" - their yacht where they hash out all the dumb poo poo they're going to say the next day while sipping on Trump Wine

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
I think the most amazing thing about the last week isn't Clinton's DNC bump (which is very real), it's that Trump's RNC bump has been COMPLETELY erased, and then some. He's literally polling below where he was on the last day of the RNC. I mean, that's just mind boggling.

edit: I mean just loving look at that graph:

:eyepop:

berserker fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Aug 4, 2016

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Cythereal posted:

And his political opponent is one of the most unflappable, stone-faced people in the country.

I'll be honest though I'm not so sure about this after that one encounter between Hillary and that BLM protester.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

Somehow there are still 94 days until the election

Balloon Boy? Wait was that the dad that turned out to be a loving liar?

edit: yep https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balloon_boy_hoax

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
Just saw a Hillary ad here in AZ during the commercials between each few minutes of Olympics. Makes total sense as AZ is now a battleground state. I saw a lot of them during the DNC but that's to be expected.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
So apparently Kasich has confirmed the "Super VP" offer to be a true story.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/07/politics/john-kasich-donald-trump-election-2016/index.html

quote:

Kasich told CNN's Jake Tapper that he didn't receive a call himself. But he said one of his aides confirmed to him a New York Times report last month saying Donald Trump Jr. tried to entice Kasich with a position as the most powerful vice president in history -- putting him in charge of all domestic and foreign policy -- was accurate.

"That's what one of them has told me, yes," Kasich told Tapper in an interview aired Sunday on "State of the Union."

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
Rudy Giuliani has defended Trump's statements by saying that he said something different from what he said and totally misrepresenting the situation. Shocking.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

why should we care about the pulse shooter's dad showing up at a rally? who gives a poo poo

Well you see terrorism is genetically passed from father to child

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Night10194 posted:

My poor sister in law is terrified by this election because she's absolutely sure Trump has a silent majority that will turn out for him. I tried to convince her otherwise and help her relax, but she's too frightened to believe me. She insists he'll piggyback on the downticket GOTV efforts and somehow steal victory without a campaign apparatus. I have no idea how to explain to her how insane that would be.

Here's what I don't get about the "silent majority" thing. Polls are anonymous. It's not like when someone calls you to ask poll questions that there's anyone standing there watching you and judging your answers. The pollsters don't get your name, only demographics statistics. No one knows who it is who is saying they support Clinton or Trump. So in that scenario, why would anyone have any reason to lie about how they truly feel and so throw off a poll? And how likely could it possibly be that this happens consistently over all polls?

The silent majority doesn't exist.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Popular Thug Drink posted:

it can't really, that's why he's so unhinged. he's never before had so many people laughing at him for so long before

many here are dumb as gently caress. appeals to goons are really stupid

trump crushed the primary because the GOP is dysfunctional and cast a very wide net. if they had anointed jeb and kept the primary uncluttered instead of it being a stupid orgy of bastards then trump would have gone down. or rubio. or whoever. but nooo, the GOP couldn't decide and so the non-trump vote was split four ways

It wasn't just the GOP, it was also that specifically those individuals who were so ego-driven that each one thought "I'll be the last man standing and then I'll be able to defeat Trump when I get all of the remaining % of votes" but none of them were willing to drop out for so long that Trump just racked up the delegates. Those stupid fuckers.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Yep no accepted medical use in the US... except of course for over half of the states that have MMJ laws... yep none in the US

gently caress the FDA

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

computer parts posted:

To be fair a lot of those are just backdoor ways to legalization and even many of the supporters will openly admit that.

That doesn't matter though because the FDA said no accepted use in the US. Not a "minority" of accepted use. Not "no federal" accepted use. NO accepted use. Which is bullshit.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Trabisnikof posted:

How many federally foundered DEA approved longitudinal studies showing medical benefit can you find? :v:

Again the statement did not specifically mention "federal".

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

the gently caress

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Stereotype posted:

It might have something to do with states getting $206 Billion from tobacco industry lawsuits and drumming up negative effects just makes that number go up.

Yeah but seriously gently caress those tobacco companies, it shoulda been $206 trillion

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Mr Interweb posted:

Man, y'all gotta watch this great interview with Chris Cuomo taking Giuliani to the woodshed:

http://mediamatters.org/video/2016/...-refusal/212326

Trump has this amazing effect on Republican politicians. He's basically managed to make people like Giuliani agree that he (Giuliania) wouldn't have apologized for those remarks against John McCain either.

Ok seriously this is bullshit. Chris Cuomo "grills" Guiliani yet he doesn't even mention the fact that Obama pulled out of Iraq the way he did because of a loving TREATY THAT BUSH SIGNED IN 2007

edit: god drat Giuliani is such a piece of poo poo

edit: GOD drat he's a piece of poo poo holy poo poo he's almost worse that Trump wtf.

berserker fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Aug 11, 2016

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

"Put down the phone and lets get to business" *holds up fists*

I wonder what Angelina Jolie has to say about Voight doing that

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

McCain does not have "arizona by the balls." He's been consistently close in polling and facing a tough primary.

If anyone has AZ by the balls it's Joe Arpaio. :sigh:

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

FetusSlapper posted:

This probably outs me as an old but is there a volume setting for twitter videos that isn't just off or on?

I fuckin wish

but I am also old

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

CelestialScribe posted:

Good to see everyone ignoring the tracking polls today. Good job everyone.

Why don't you post some then, RCP's tracking poll average seems the same as it has been recently. Do you mean the RASSSSSMUUSEENNN poll that shows Clinton with only +3%?

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Mechafunkzilla posted:

FDR also died in office so that maybe isn't as strong a point as you think it is

Yeah during his fourth fuckin term

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

MariusLecter posted:

Ice is cold, stupid.

Ice is back.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...81a1_story.html

quote:

He has refused to release many of the same documents that he demanded from Obama, including college transcripts and passport records. He has shirked the decades-old tradition of major nominees releasing their tax returns and other documentation to prove their readiness and fitness for office. And he has yet to release records showing why he received a medical deferment during the Vietnam War and whether he has actually donated the millions of dollars he claims to have given to charity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCaCIBeaJRE

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Boon posted:

What's worrying about that, if true, is it means these voters really do think the elections are rigged. Nothing good comes from that long-term.

Unless it means that particular group of people (hardcore Trump supporters) simply disengage from voting altogether for the rest of their lives. The country would be greatly served by this.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Man even this guy is parroting the lie that it was Obama's decision to withdraw from Iraq the way we did in 2011 and not that that was the motherfucking agreement that Bush signed in 2008.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S.%E2%80%93Iraq_Status_of_Forces_Agreement

quote:

The U.S.–Iraq Status of Forces Agreement (official name: Agreement Between the United States of America and the Republic of Iraq On the Withdrawal of United States Forces from Iraq and the Organization of Their Activities during Their Temporary Presence in Iraq) was a status of forces agreement (SOFA) between Iraq and the United States, signed by President George W. Bush in 2008. It established that U.S. combat forces would withdraw from Iraqi cities by June 30, 2009, and all U.S. combat forces will be completely out of Iraq by December 31, 2011.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Swagger Dagger posted:

It's okay, you guys, she didn't really say what everyone heard her say

https://twitter.com/Mediaite/status/764548408174575617

"UHHHH CSHHHHHHHHH WHAT WAS THAT WHAT WAS THAT???

CSHHHHHHHHHHH YOU'RE BREAKING UP

GOTTA GO BABY"

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Trump's ad buy is really starting to raise the question of what exactly is he spending the 100+ million he raised so far on?

Maybe it's the "time to find a new campaign manager" slush fund

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Carlosologist posted:

this guy is covering the Trump rally, and his tweets are worth taking a look at

https://twitter.com/JYSexton

This is some scary poo poo. Jesus.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

ComradeCosmobot posted:

The USC/LA Times Daybreak poll has Trump back in the lead again.

Before you start Arzying: Yes, this is the one where the initial sample is polled every day so an initial Republican-leaning sample has resulted in Trump leading more often than not since it started in mid-July.

Honestly gently caress that "poll". Trump doesn't completely poo poo the bed for a few days and Clinton sits back and does nothing but coast and they have a 4 point shift? I just don't even know who could possibly be so easily swayed at this point in the election even, with everything that has happened thus far.

I don't think it's any coincidence that that is the one poll that uses totally different methodology and happens to be the one poll with different results from the consensus.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

achillesforever6 posted:

So there was this band called Faith No More and they had this one really popular song called "Epic" then every white suburbanite went "I could do that" turns out no, no they could not do that.

Dude, Rage Against the fuckin Machine

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Post more bags.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gdAJefPME4

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Josef bugman posted:

I am not saying that there is a quid pro quo style of set up in the least, but I don't like this idea that if you aren't with the whole of Clinton then you are against her, that somehow I've been "tricked" or "fooled" and that it's my fault that I've fallen for something. I am sorry if I am handwringing about this sort of thing.

I would be supporting Clinton reasonably if I could vote for her but saying "you kind of keep getting given money by poo poo heads" is not a criticism of her policies or of her ability. Getting money from bastard doesn't stop the good work being good but I would argue there should be less money taken from them/ invested in them.

If a shithead gave me money that I could turn around and do good with, I'd use it. Do you really think that money is "tainted" by where it came from vs. what it can be used for? I mean, the Clinton Foundation is not getting money from murderers.

Also you don't have to be "all for" Clinton or "all against" Clinton. What people are saying here is that the specific hand-wringing about possible corruption in the Clinton Foundation is borne out of a decades-long effort by the GOP to discredit the Clintons and everything they are involved in, and you may have fallen for that part of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
Apparently our good friend Rush Limbaugh is picking up on the Lesbian Farmer Army bullshit.

http://www.dailydot.com/irl/lesbian-and-transgender-hillbillies-are-taking-over-your-town

quote:

“Have you heard about the Agriculture Department’s financial grants to lesbian farmers?" asked Limbaugh on the Aug. 17 airing of his Rush Limbaugh Show on the Premiere Radio Network. "What they’re trying to do is convince lesbians to become farmers."

• Locked thread