Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Grundulum posted:

Does anyone actually follow the entire thread in crazy 1k-per-day mode? I tried and couldn't. Did anything worth mentioning happen over the weekend? I had made it to the 29th when this thread opened.

Edit: the entire poem should be in the OP, not just the punchline in the title. For shame.

If you're a good speedreader and can quickly separate the new info posts and interesting discussion from the trolls and whatnot there's a lot less than a thousand new posts to read. It's still tough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

SocketWrench posted:

Given that for a large portion of time Europe enjoyed famine, I'd say the cuisine issue wasn't that big a deal for them.
Hell the Dutch choked down raw herring smothered in onion

A national delicacy of Iceland is hkarl - which is a cold water shark, gutted, compressed with stones and buried in the sand for months before being dug up and chopped into cubes.

It's got practical application, since the stuff is poisonous otherwise. Even so, I have to imagine it's actual origin was a bunch of drunk Vikings accidentally dug up a dead shark on the beach and dared each other to eat it.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

We talk about this everytime it comes up, but UHC does not require full state control to work. We're also talking about three different parts of the healthcare system: medical care (hospitals and doctors), ancillary medical services (medical devices and pharmaceuticals), and health insurance.

Which highlights one of my frustrations with the epipen news. It's one of those cases where the bigger - in raw "where's the money spent" terms - problems is peeking through. And in a few weeks everyone will forget and go back to blaming everything on insurance companies.

• Locked thread