Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
So does the NY Post and other Murdoch properties hate Trump now that Ailes is gone?

This is pretty distasteful heh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Antti posted:

Hahahahaha

Trump transition team

Hahahahahah

I mean just the words themselves strung together give me cold sweat but imagine a Trump transition team.

We're all cool with Obama just not handing over the country in 2017 if Trump wins, right?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

waitwhatno posted:

Eurogoon here, how the gently caress is Trump polling at ~40%? How is ~40% of your voting population ready to elect that clown?

Seriously, I stopped even trying to explain to old people how this is possible. At first I tried to do all the "everyone is fed up with the establishment" and "dog whistle racism" spiel, but after the last couple of weeks, I don't even know what the gently caress is going on anymore myself. All he is saying is that he is great and will be the best at everything, over and over again, that's literally his entire program. He is not even conning people, he just outright behaves like a small child, openly.

Doesn't the National Front poll at 40% in France? And the entire political elite in the UK just shat all over themselves. I think a US government headed by a president Trump would still be more effective and competent than the UK's government.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I don't think anyone actually believes Donald Trump wants to gently caress his own daughter, it's just a really creepy and weird thing to 'brag' about and something that's super easy to mock.

Like, yea I guess if it helps I agree Donald Trump probably doesn't literally want to molest his daughter, but 99% of dads somehow manage to say 'and isn't my daughter growing up so pretty' without saying 'haha I'd date her, I hope she gets her mom's tits, god drat she's so loving hot'.

The point is that he views every woman as an object, even his own daughter.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

It's pretty funny that Morning Joe went from the top Trump cheerleaders to making GBS threads on him daily for the same reasons a few months later.. Someone has a boo boo on their feelings.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

SLOSifl posted:

I occasionally dip into Morning Joe before work, and enjoyed watching Scarborough's transition in real time. At some point he passed up Mika as far as outright disgust for Trump goes which is mind blowing. It's probably because the train he's hitched to went off the rails years ago and is now heading for an orphanage at full speed.

There is no way it's that noble. It's definitely from some petty personal slight.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

2 worse people than Trump.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Zophar posted:

"Clinton Foundation" is 2016's mad lib for 2008's "ACORN", including all the attendant baseless speculation it signifies.

Except it's actually distasteful and shady.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

UV_Catastrophe posted:

My only concern now is Hillary maintaining her support and momentum over the next three months. Trump has basically hit the rock bottom of his support at this point, and there's no sign he'll be digging his way out unless fate intervenes.

Realistically, the only way this election becomes truly competitive is if something happens to chase voters away from Clinton, like some sort of "Dukakis Tank Ride" moment or something disastrous along those lines.

I still think he can get down to 37%... He's at 40% now.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

As a rule of thumb, George W Bush's approval rating when he left office was 34%. That is probably Trump's floor.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Feldegast42 posted:

I think Trumps (poll) death has been greatly exaggerated -- the race is bound to tighten up during the Olympics (if only because that will be a bigger shitshow and it will take the focus off of him) and he is guaranteed to win the first debate (for the horserace narrative and the curse of low expectations).

No one who isn't already voting for Trump is going to think he won any of the debates, if he even does debate.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

zoux posted:

Pulling out of that one debate in the primary was one of the few things that hurt him.

People really overestimate how much the debates impact anything. They really don't change anyone's minds or turn base turnout. I could see Trump calling her a bitch or something like that in the debates to try to drive his turnout up though.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

zoux posted:

Tell it to Rick Perry.

His polls were dropping before that debate anyway though. He wasn't going to beat Romeny.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

He seems nice.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/770274286552682496

By the way it's the "Bored Media's Trump Comeback Narrative" month.

Wait what? Is she really comparing Weiner to the loving CEO of Trump's campaign in terms of relevance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I can't believe anyone is interested in Anthoy Weiner in 2016....

• Locked thread