Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

SnatchRabbit posted:

Is $50 a good price for a 3DO 2 controllers, no AV cables and a handful of games?

Yes, especially since you should be able to just use standard AV cables (composite and S-Video) out the back, and also use a standard "U" power plug.

symbebekos posted:

Basic question before I shoot myself in the dick: if I get a Super Everdrive or SD2SNES and a Super Famicom, I'll be able to play SNES roms on it without issue, correct?

That shouldn't be a problem, beside the ROMs that neither flash cart support due to their special chips, and any ROMs that fail the console region checks (such as some PAL-format games on an NTSC console).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Or a rental if it was from one of those time periods where renting was legal in Japan. I know there's some assorted variants floating around for different systems where rental versions had alternate art put on by the rental company, kind of like how 90's Hollywood Video would slap those huge silver stickers on everything.

I'm pretty sure the game rental situation in Japan was settled in the early 1980s long before the 16-bit era really kicked off. The ban said that game publishers could individually offer their games for rent, if they chose, but few were apparently interested in doing so.

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

al-azad posted:

I remember asking about this two years ago but Wonder Boy's battle music has a very similar melody to something I've heard on the radio. All I can recall is the faint voice of a woman singing in some language other than English (or otherwise she was impossible to understand in English) to that exact melody. I thought it was Enigma or one of those late 80s/early 90s Pure Moods or New Age compilation discs. Just vocalize the melody in a feminine voice and I swear to god that was the song!

Maybe Enya's "Orinoco Flow"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTrk4X9ACtw

EDIT:

Or it could also be her song "Storms In Africa", the original of which was sung in Irish Gaelic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJPgPLgcjog

Kthulhu5000 fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Aug 28, 2016

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

FireMrshlBill posted:

I'd be hounding that roommate for rent. Even with a job change, they are responsible for paying the rent or finding a replacement roommate. If that roommate was officially on the lease, maybe you can talk with your landlord/rental company about how you were left high and dry and get an extension without a late charge (or drop it on a credit card). Heck, some will take Paypal so you may not have to wait for the transfer back to your bank.

Hell, even with a late charge, an extension would give The Joe Man a little more breathing room to maneuver with. If he and his roomie(s) have been good tenants otherwise, and can present a solid case for when they absolutely will pay, I suspect their landlord or whomever might be amenable to it. If the alternative is having an empty property/unit with a tenuous date for when it can generate rental income again anyway (to say nothing of the cost of preparing the unit for new tenants), then it might be worth it from the landlord's perspective to try and cut them a break in the hopes of retaining tenancy.

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Allen Wren posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3577352 <---retro-pc thread but to be completely honest it sounds broken as gently caress. some people in that thread or this thread might have different opinions.

Nah, that's what I'm thinking, too. Especially the greenish color (sounds like one of the color guns is probably stuck on), the black bars, and everything else. Also, it's undoubtedly going to have a 4:3 aspect ratio, and everything I can find about it suggests it might top out at a resolution of 1024x768; if Squeegy's laptop doesn't support any of the 4:3 resolutions below that, then it's probably not going to work very well mode-wise.

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Zaphod42 posted:

If anything the internet just scares them. Kids play on our consoles! We can't let them have internet access! That's scary!
(It is, but its not like those kids dont' have PCs, and there are things you can do to mitigate it better than just not doing it)

It seems especially stupid when smartphones (with all their Internet access and other features) are probably a main competitor to Nintendo's portable offerings. Nintendo doesn't (and probably shouldn't) go all gung ho and crazy about open Internet, but expecting node-to-node wireless to be a selling point is ridiculous. Maybe in urban Japan, where there's a lot of density, that sort of thing might work. In the US, with so much sprawl and automotive-based transportation (rather than bus or rail-based) and so on? That's not so workable.

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich
"I'm a mouth-breathing huffer of my own farts who eats from my own butthole and hooks my old games up to my Black Friday Wal-Mart special LCD TV!" - everyone who doesn't have a CRT for their retro games :colbert: .

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

TeaJay posted:

I'm looking to capture/live stream some RGB retro consoles (240p). What are my options? I've read about some Startech capture cards which should be good.

The introduction post of the last thread included sandpiper's experience with a capture card and RGB-to-component box. I'm not aware of any direct RGB + sync input cards; or if they do exist, they're probably niche specialty products with accompanying high prices.

But if anyone else has information, I might be interested to know, too...

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich
You've gotta note, however, that sandpiper also mentioned using a SCART RGB to component box in his chain. The Sync Strike might convert the signal and do VGA output at 15 Khz, but that doesn't in turn mean that the Starforce card will accept a signal at that frequency on its VGA inputs.

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich
A lot of the Neo Geo's home console mystique, at least for me, is that it was so inaccessible back in the day. Never mind the cost of the hardware and games - just finding either at retail would have been a challenge in my home state. It didn't matter that you could probably beat (if not master) a lot of the platform's games on the arcade hardware for much less than the price of buying an AES or NGCD and games for either console; the exclusive and elusive nature of the Neo Geo home consoles added a lot to their allure. Any bourgeois yuppie could buy an MVS machine just like the ones in countless grungy convenience stores to uselessly flaunt their wealth, but an AES or whatever? That implied connections, or drive, or some intangible cool something beyond mere money.

Which I admit all sounds materialistic and shallow and stupid, but it should be considered in the context of the 1990 to 1995 period, when Internet access was still uncommon, most information came from TV, papers, and magazines, and actually trying to find information, goods, and services was a lot more involved than it is today. So, from a mythical standpoint, someone who owned an AES would have maybe been viewed as being in deep with something more than the humdrum workaday world. It would probably be something insufferably geeky in retrospect, like fansubbed anime on VHS straight from Japan, obscure heavy metal tapes, BBS snarking, and all the other subculture overlap in the pre-developed Internet era, but it would still be a hint at a broader world than one might have known otherwise.

I guess I could summarize this as saying that the AES was one mental icon for me of all the cool and interesting things I would briefly glimpse and hear about on TV or read about in magazines, all going on in places other than the small college burg I lived in and basically knew the corners of too well.

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

al-azad posted:

Is it "worth it" no but if one of the five or so copies go up for sale I'm sure you'll know your answer.

Hardcoregaming101 says ten copies exist :colbert: .

But five or ten, it's like, why would SNK even bother making a European AES version at that rate?

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I'm gonna be 64 bits with big tits, "Nude Raider" instead of "Tomb Raider", and with cusses and blood out your loving rear end. I'm gonna be the 64 bit console your mama warned you about and your daddy secretly wants to get down with.

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Shadow Hog posted:

So the Jaguar, then

If your dad is all about worn-out hot messes with malformed bits, then sure!

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So I've been thinking of getting into some Twitch streaming / video capture, mainly for shits and giggles. So I got a capture device to start messing around with and exploring those particular areas.

This one, to be exact:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181381949177

No, that price isn't wrong; it was less than $5 for me to acquire, shipped from China. So how well does a $5 USB capture device actually capture video?

Not too bad at all, considering the price. Those two images are from Super Street Fighter II, played through my Everdrive on a S-Video modded SNES Mini (through S-Video of course), and captured through Virtualdub with H264 compression. I then "snapshotted" the images from the output video file in Media Player Classic at 100%. It also works with the Open Broadcaster Software client for Twitch, so yeah. Totally the wrong way to go about this sort of thing, but gently caress it - for $5, it's quite satisfactory.

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

silentq15 posted:

I haven't been able to find an answer to this anywhere and I figured I would ask. Does anybody know if European Arcade Machines ran at PAL 50Hz or did they run at the NTSC 60Hz? I have Googled but I can't seem to find any info on this. Maybe somebody else knows?

What Ofecks mentioned applies. Probably the only real difference in terms of hardware/equipment would be the power supply, since most (all?) European countries use 220V AC instead of the 100 - 110V power used in Japan and the US. But arcade machines are like portable consoles; since they essentially do their own often-proprietary things hardware and display wise, they don't have to adhere to TV standards the way home consoles would.

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

silentq15 posted:

Thanks for the answer I was actually wondering because I was curious if MAME Euro Roms for the most part ran at full speed compared to their US/Japan counterparts. Seeing this I would imagine they do.

Regional arcade ROM differences would probably be due to content differences for different markets, and maybe to put up a barrier to piracy or bootlegging or whatever other reason media companies use regions for. Capcom's System II (CPS2) entry on Wikipedia touches on how it works for that platform.

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Ambitious Spider posted:

Thanks for the heads up. I always wanted to dip my toe in those waters and for 5 bucks can't go wrong

No problem, glad my cheap-rear end curiosity might be of use to you!

On that note:

Super Mario Bros. on my RGBNES-modded AV Famicom through S-Video, into the $5 "Easycap" I bought.

EDIT: It also works with the S-Video mod that Monitor Burn did on my Genesis, which I expected, but it was good to confirm it.

Kthulhu5000 fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Sep 14, 2016

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

beaver_cheese posted:

What's my best alternative to an official Twin Famicom power adapter?

I just won one in an auction but it doesn't come with power.

Per Famicomworld.com:

The Sharp Twin Famicom AC-Adapter is different. Its specifications are:
Input: 100VAC 50-60Hz
Output: 7.6VDC 1250mA (1.25A)
Polarity: Centre Pin Positive
(-)------------(o------------(+)
Barrel Size: Outer Diameter 5.5mm; Inner Diameter 2.5mm

Our own Heran Bago recommended the following in this thread:

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00EL8BNA8

The North American equivalent might be the famed Velleman PSSMV1USA (look on Amazon):

http://www.vellemanusa.com/products/view/?country=us&lang=enu&id=350744
https://www.amazon.com/Velleman-PSSMV1USA-3-12Vdc-Switching-Supply/dp/B00068U44I/

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Ambitious Spider posted:

nice. So are you splitting the signal to a tv, or just playing off of the computer?

Just playing directly on my computer for now to experiment with it. Maybe I haven't found the right kind of software, but I wouldn't recommend using it to play games directly on your PC. All the processing to convert from analog to digital video introduces lag, in my experience, so it's best to use it for passive capturing where you're not depending on some kind of quick input response. But playability could also depend on the game itself; slower games that don't demand quick reflexes could certainly be doable, and even Super Mario World and Sonic The Hedgehog aren't too bad, so long as you're playing in a more cautious manner.

My final goal is to get one of my PVMs in the mix and use its input pass-through feature, so I can display and play games on it (no latency or input lag, being a CRT) while sending the signal to the capture device.

Pass-throughs are cool as poo poo, by the way, as I've posted in the past:

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

RZA Encryption posted:

Theoretically, you could make a nintendo av cable that had simultaneous composite, svideo, and rgb output, couldn't you? They're always outputting, right?

I'm pretty sure all the signals go out at once, since otherwise Nintendo would have needed to do something like send a signal back to the video encoder about which pins for which input are active or whatever and have it switch modes. Which sounds more complicated and expensive than just blasting all the signals through the port and leaving it up to the cable to pick up the ones it needs.

Of course, a cable like what you suggest would only have limited applicability, since the first model SNES is the only one that does composite/S-Video/RGB by default. The Mini would need to be modded, the N64 doesn't readily do RGB, and an NTSC Gamecube is also RGB-deprived unless you hack up one of the pricey component cables for it.

And of course, the physical shape of the cable itself would be an issue, since you'd be jamming a ton of connectors onto it in the first place, and the RGB portion would also require some resistors or transistors (depending on if you're hooking it up to a PAL or NTSC machine). So yeah, it's theoretically possible, but probably not worth doing.

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

fishmech posted:

Did anyone actually make PC Engine/TurboGrafx 16 clone consoles? That'd be an interesting thing to collect.

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=44773
http://ultimateconsoledatabase.com/others/pc_boy.htm
http://assemblergames.com/l/threads/jamiko-pc-ii-is-it-a-clone.33379/
http://nfggames.com/games/pceclones/

But I suspect they're kind of uncommon and not easy to find.

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

fishmech posted:

The main thing that'll get you in trouble when selling emulators is if you start distributing the games (or in the case of systems that need a BIOS/firmware file to work, distributing that software instead of writing your own equivalent). It ends up being quite easy to avoid doing that and thus avoid getting sued for selling emulators.

That's my understanding; no direct copying, usage, or infringement of copyrighted code, but otherwise there's little legal basis to sue against a completely original reimplementation of hardware/software functionality, or even one that would involve "unavoidable" similarities in (as was the case when Intel took NEC to court over the latter's V20 clone of Intel's 8086 processor).

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Zand posted:

real talk smw is a challengeless poo poo game for babies

I like it but drat it's easy to a fault. snappy controls but boring. sonic is better. bye

But that might also explain SMW's lasting appeal. You can see how the mechanics work, how it all fits together, and get total control over it. Sonic, meanwhile, is a good game and a landmark and all that, but it's still very much "Gotta go fast / gotta go faster / SONIC HAS AN EATING DISORDER IN THIS VERY SPECIAL INSTALLMENT" and you don't have a lot of control or variety to how Sonic moves. Especially in the first game, where you don't have a spin dash and LOL if you slow down while trying to go up a loop.

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Rufus sperg-rages so we don't have to. He's kind of Jesus-like, like that.

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

wa27 posted:

I posted a while back about the SNES HD Retrovision component cable. It didn't work on my TV with SNES, but N64 did so I was ok with the $35 kickstarter purchase. Well, I decided to roll the dice and order the Genesis cables, hoping that it would work on my Vizio despite the SNES troubles. $55 shipped with the Model 1 adapter And.... they work!

I'm honestly blown away at the quality difference here. I forgot just how bad the Genesis was over composite on HDTVs (and that is the reason I never play it anymore)

That first picture isn't out of focus, it's just that bad.

It's probably not a huge improvement over S-video, but if anyone is stuck using composite on an LCD screen, I highly recommend those cables. And still top-quality workmanship on the cables themselves.

Nice! I've said it before, but the Genesis is really good for highlighting the quality difference between composite and RGB(esque) video, not least because its composite video quality really is particularly awful even on CRTs, and there's no default S-Video support for the system. What kind of TV do you have, that the Retrovision cable works on?

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Monitor Burn posted:

That's weird that the HD Retrovision cables work with the Genesis and N64, but not the SNES. I wonder if the HDTV is reading the Genesis as 480i somehow.

I know that one of those videos showing a Genesis hooked up to a Samsung PC monitor suggested that it treated the signal as being 480i. The Genesis might just be fairly generic, overall, but who knows?

Random Stranger posted:

I have more reason to be angry over the NES X-Men game than any person in this thread and I thought that was a bit much.

Rufus sperged for our sins. Question it not.

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

kirbysuperstar posted:

Sounds like a sex act.

It's from Warhammer, so more like an anti-sex act.

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

flyboi posted:

Never ignore anyone and Rufus is cute. Peeps that get triggered from their forums experience should look at Facebook or other social media and reflect how inconsequential his rants are.

We could've had a great discussion about ljn games and my love for jaws but you all too blinded to shift discussion. :(

Rufus is a crazy-eyed zealot, but maybe every thread needs one, even if it involves him flinging dung around sometimes.

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Selling some of my stuff in SA-Mart. Good stuff, not just the scrapings from my storage bin!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3791392

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich
No Super Famicom games, a shameful Rufus.

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

You know, normally I don't go in for bootlegs, but I had to order this one.

"MaMa Joe" Stalin, in front of a soaring Brutalist landscape, explicitly representative of the Mushroom Kingdom's advances in pipe construction and symbolically representative of its indomitable will to climb over every obstacle in its path, be it manmade or natural. The complete figure represents the final triumph of the orderly plumber's spirit over the disordered chaos of the natural world. There will be no poo poo in MaMa Joe's woods; all waste shall eventually flow through pipes, in a scientifically determined fashion to meet the needs of the State.

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Drowning Rabbit posted:

This last page reminded me I have a copy of the good steel battalion and its online only sequel I need to offload.

I have a question that has inevitably been asked before, but I skimmed the thread and have t found an answer. I have moved a couple of times and cannot seem to locate my SNES power cord. I have literally everything else but the wall wart. I looked into one of those 3 in 1 deals that are everywhere but Amazon is rife with 1* reviews saying they don't actually deliver enough power to the system. Am I better off searching eBay for a replacement original cable?

I'd honestly get the actual OEM supply, for peace of mind if nothing else. Even if the third party supplies provide enough power (not guaranteed), the build quality on the one I got a long time back was kind of poo poo; really skinny cables and the case cracked open somehow. It's not worth whatever small amount of money (in the long run) you might save to buy one.

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Found one on eBay with pictures for $20 shipped, and with the knock off's being $10, I'm glad I looked into this more than impulse buying the 3 in 1 at the local comic shop for like $13.

One more question. I regret selling my copy of Super Metroid back when I was a kid to Funcoland to buy a PSX and Final Fantasy 7 when it came out. I am noticing that the Super famicom version is like $20 cheaper at least, and from what I'm reading they are identical. Is there any real reason to get the US version other than that was what I had as a kid?

I am ordering the silly bits that I need to open up carts/consoles from eBay as I had wanted to 'Mod' my N64 a while back and couldn't find the bits, for 1.49 and free shipping for both the 4.5 and 3.8 bits I figured why not.

Glad you opted for the OEM power supply.

There's no difference that I'm aware of between the Super Famicom and US SNES versions of Super Metroid; in fact, I believe both versions have the option to switch between Japanese and English text since the ROM is the same for both. I'd go for the Japanese version, so long as the region locking tabs in your SNES cartridge slot have been snapped/snipped/wriggled/violently pulverized out of it. The US version is just nostalgia-priced with no extra justification for it, in my book.

I also think the Japanese cartridge label art is a lot better and more dignified looking than the seemingly 1980s gaming throwback style of the US label art, myself, but that's a matter of opinion.

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

falz posted:

Why does component exist at all instead of just using rgb?

Probably because component is cheaper and simpler to implement; RCA plugs (BNC connectors on PVMs and the D-Terminal connector in Japan notwithstanding), only three cables, and a defined way that is should all work, especially since there's no one RGB standard in general, and there wasn't one at all for the home entertainment space in North America. It's an improvement over composite and S-Video signals, and consumer-friendly.

While the countries in Europe got the option for RGB because of the SCART connector interface, it probably took off only because the French government mandated it on all TVs sold in France after January 1980, and other European TV manufacturers included it lest they be totally cut out of the French market. If that had not occurred, it would probably have been underutilized also.

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich
That makes sense, especially in an era when data storage and processing power were still very expensive. Pare down the RGB signals to something more basic with less redundant data (thus reducing storage needs and increasing the amount of data that could be stored), while still maintaining greater signal separation and better video quality than S-Video and composite video.

Or course, according to Wikipedia, D1 tapes alone were $200 ($439 today, adjusted for inflation from 1986 dollars), and the first Sony DVR-1000 deck to use them had an MSRP of $160,000 ($351,000 today). So not something that even the most hardcore AV enthusiasts of the era could aspire to own, unless they had a serious use case for it.

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

mateo360 posted:

What are people's opinion of the RetroN5? I have been looking into getting one for when my original hardware decides it wants to be finicky or I want to stream an older title since I can't get my Elgato, OBS and older systems to play nice with one and other.

You might as well look at getting some kind of PC-based emulator setup, since that's essentially what the Retron 5 is - it dumps your cart to a ROM image and then runs it in a software emulator, all in a fancy package.

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

mateo360 posted:

any responses that don't involve making a :filez: setup? I still want to use my cartridges.

Get another OEM console that is less finicky? Replace the part that is giving it trouble? Get a capture card that plays more nicely with your stuff, or maybe equipment to make your consoles work more nicely with it?

I'm not being snarky; I just think these would be better options to explore than dumping $180+ (per Amazon) on what is basically a glorified emulation box, made by a company that is known for being less than stellar in terms of quality, and that has all the downsides of using actual cartridges with the risk of damaging them in the bargain (or so the hearsay goes).

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

The Merkinman posted:

Well why don't NES carts still get produced? Do we need some movement to say those games are ~warmer~?

Seriously though, that's a simple point I didn't think of.

One thing about NES carts is that there isn't just one kind of cart that all games used. There are different sizes of ROM chips, different mappers for managing data in the ROMs (such as bank switching), and even some special or custom chips used by some games (primarily on the Famicom side of things, but the NES might have a few), for stuff like custom audio. So creating new versions of NES games would involve having to source a bunch of new boards, compatible ROM chips (both in pinout and probably voltage), and any custom chips or memory controllers the game in question might have used. And in the latter case, they may have gone out of production decades ago, and starting production back up would be a pretty major undertaking, especially if all the manufacturing specs and data are lost or incomplete.

Compare this to pressing vinyl discs which, even with the great decline in plant capacity to do it, is a relatively basic and cheap process. And once that new disc is pressed, it'll probably work on your new player made today, or one from 1976, or even one from 1936.

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave posted:

Anybody got a way for me to score a Core Grafx II Super CD ROM that works and doesn't cost me over $150? I've had a guy that's been pretty much ducking me since earlier this month and I'm getting really discouraged.

It shouldn't be this loving hard to play Cho Aniki on a legit system.

PM sent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Random Stranger posted:

It's not really that bad, maybe four frames. Now that is enough of a lag that you probably don't want to show off a bullet hell shooter, but for recording most things for the Internet it's not going to kill you.

Note, though:

AbrahamLincolnLog posted:

I'm not interested in really recording video or anything, but I am interested in playing the PS2 on my PC in a window, as if it were any other program, and I'm under the impression that capture cards are the way to do that.

So depending on the game, lag may be an issue...

• Locked thread