Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Amethyst posted:

Chicken salt on fish and chips. Good or bad?

Is there even a question here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Birdstrike posted:

He melted down, nicely

plz link

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

Leper colony, just your average talking in graphic detail about how he would like to kill a poster who said he should get out more

Read the posts, totally normal, no idea what people are worried about

:shepface:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Apparently there's a place in Wellington Point that does a good HSP. Have to try out sometime.

And hot chilli sauce is the correct answer. Heathens.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Census done with no issues, surprisingly.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I mowed tonight, it was well overdue.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

You know, paper Mario gets real hard if you drink a lot before playing and can't time the qte's.

E: the game, not the character, you weirdos

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

The Peccadillo posted:

Dilate means change size

I guess you are technically correct to a point, since it means to get wider/bigger...

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Kommando posted:

Since the census needs to be re-done, just add a question to the end about equal marriage rights.

Hmmmm there seem to be a lot of houses that are both super religious and had sixty people staying at the address this census night

Nothing suspicious here

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

source your quotes

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

Football is bad

Hey, it's just the afl that's bad. Nothing like that in the proud history of the NRL.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Was hoping the counter example that would inevitably be posted would be Gower :getin:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

You could almost see the gears working behind the eyes trying to find the talking point that would be the correct "gotcha" to stop the lines of questioning.

Unsuccessfully, of course. Which necessitated the repetition of previous points in a flailing attempt to gain any traction.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Les Affaires posted:

Well it sure as hell isn't "Negoshiate" is it?

wow

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

best reply I've seen so far:

quote:

Michael - it looks like you’ve written this analysis without any regard to the recent history of taxi policy and reform in Victoria.

Only a couple of years ago there was a review of the taxi industry that proposed a staged, modest transition to liberalisation that recognised the fundamental unsustainability of the regulatory monopoly.

Rather than offering a scintilla of cooperation, the taxi industry organised and en masse tantrum, screaming blue murder about how they would all be ruined if they couldn’t keep ripping passengers off and delivering crap, unsafe service.

Your presentation of the taxi industry as innocent naïfs is ridiculous. A highly organised industry has wrapped its lobbying tentacles for years around policy settings in an effort to use the law to channel ridiculous profits into its pockets while running a cosy, uncompetitive racket.

All the while the taxi industry has ruthlessly exploited its workforce. For all that Uber is (justifiably) questioned for its labour practices, the taxi industry has for years been running a byzantine labour system that sees some of the country’s lowest paid workers employed without basic OHS protections, and held liable for damage to their employer’s vehicles.

The taxi industry is anything but a group of cleanskins. They have acted as a cartel and the value of those licences represents the value of the rort they have inflicted at the expense of their customers and workers.

Where is it written that an investor who buys an asset whose value exists only as a contrivance of an antiquated and unfair regulatory apparatus - one which the beneficiaries have long contrived to maintain for no reason beyond avarice - is entitled to compensation when the long, long party finally winds up?

Governments have failed in their sluggish indolence in the face of obvious policy failures, and in their inability to stand up to the faintest resistance from self-evidently self-interested industry groups. I’d rather an orderly regulatory change but the taxi industry has no-one to blame but themselves for declaring war on every previous attempt at reform.

Now reform is inevitable they put their hands out, begging bowl up and a sob story ready for the media about how unfair it all is that their licensed system of theft is finally unravelling.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

It's amazing how the usual narrative of "they should stop having <whatever> values they have and be part of the greater community" changes to "we need to respect the wishes of every minority" when it's convenient to their particular bigotry.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Nah, it's a pretty obvious line of attack if you can't feel empathy or think through the consequences of your actions.

So, in short, we're doomed.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Can you post these tweets for those of us banned by bad hamvan?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/fed...829-gr3crv.html

quote:

Senate powerbroker Nick Xenophon has delivered a potentially fatal blow to the Turnbull government's plan to hold a public vote on same-sex marriage.

The South Australian independent and his newly elected team of senators announced on Monday the party would not support a plebiscite, days after the Greens said they would vote to block the vote in the Senate.

"This is a matter that the Parliament can and should decide on as a free vote of all members and senators," the Xenophon MPs said in a statement.

"In our representative democracy we are paid to make decisions on behalf of Australians who have voted us into office. This is a decision the Parliament should make now."

"We believe this money could be better spent," the statement said.

"Each of us supports marriage equality and we are ready to vote accordingly."

On Friday, the plebiscite entered the political death zone as the Greens committed to voting against the legislation needed to hold it.

Labor is expected to oppose the plebiscite but is yet to finalise its position.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Screenshot please

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

If only she hadn't banned so many people at the drop of a hat the replies would be awesome

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Anidav posted:

The comments section is like:

Its just like Reagan and Thatcher!

Not really the same, they both had the common decency to die.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

wow weird former ipa employee in bad opinion shock

I read that as IGA employee and was very confused for a moment.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Starshark posted:

Only just noticed that why the gently caress has he got a hand in his pocket is he retarded.

Look into your heart, you know the answer.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Not quite sure why the loving ministers aren't forced to stay in the chamber whilst in session anyway :shrug:

Wish my job was flexible enough that I could just decide to leave whenever I want even though there might be urgent work required.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Tirade posted:

I'm not slinging poo poo at an "other" party, I'm a greens voter that has the audacity to suggest that my one rep in parliament should not gently caress off home until after the voting stops.

That's my feeling on this issue. I'm a Greens supporter but still think Bandt should take responsibility for staying the whole time since it's obvious that these sorts of opportunities will spring up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Cirofren posted:

I prefer "Dog-fuckers and Cat-killers" but this is the best so far either way.

that's already the NRL thread title so would be p. confusing

• Locked thread