Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
It reads like a crazy person manifesto, this line in particular stood out to me because it's in completely the wrong tense and possessive to the rest of the paragraph (or it's the wrong message, Danby attacked Kroger, why are you advertising that?):

"Danby attack ads appeared on Kroger, linking him to the Green Party"

Plus he put both MSM families offside via his callouts of The Leader and The Age, which bodes well for his future media support.

I also love how he tries to spin his "high profile" by incorporating his low primary vote and manages to contextualise them negatively as "bitter enders" which implies a blind devotion to a failing idol.

edit: yeah I read it wrong, he's boasting about how he launched a campaign linking the liberal guy to the greens.

G-Spot Run fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Aug 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Amethyst posted:

30 day probation for defending himself from pages of insults. Badass, funny, and above all, win.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Anidav posted:

It's Bill Leak time!

And newly reelected Lionhat decides now is his chance to shine!

https://twitter.com/DavidLeyonhjelm/status/760985904777310208

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Doctor Spaceman posted:

There is no way there are still 4 ONP Senators by the end of this Senate term.

E: https://twitter.com/_AdamTodd/status/761041385021583360

The voting system worked pretty well I think.

Is that the national % of the vote against the national proportional representation? It's an unfair calculation.

I keep editing this post cos I'm having trouble right now exactly articulating how I dislike it, but we've already come to terms with Seats of disproportional populations rather than raw percentages as the method of forming government.

G-Spot Run fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Aug 4, 2016

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
We've got to fight fire with fire and use their own power's against them

As a mother, I'm scared and think Bill Leak is a piece of poo poo and shouldn't be allowed in this country

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
He might have a point in possible hypocrisy with CH support but it doesn't make him right.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Who do you think is agreeing with Bernadi/Leak?

open24hours posted:

Weren't same sort of people were bending over backwards to explain why Charlie Hebdo was actually racist at the time? I don't remember it getting a lot of support from the crowd Leak is mocking in his second cartoon.

I agree. He's raised it as his defence as though his critics have no critical thought of their own and merely throw their weight behind the trend of the day. He's got a point but there is a hell of a lot of supplementary context alongside CH/#JeSuisCharlie, and even if he is correct there that doesn't make him right.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Amethyst posted:

Congratulations. You took his complete non-sequitur distraction about Charlie Hebdo and got into a tail chasing argument over it.

Oh God, I agree with open24hours and amethyst on the same day, what is happening help *spirals down drain*

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I thought their argument was all aboriginals are deadbeat parents, but I guess that's only an inferred meaning until 18C can be repealed.

edit: hrm, now I'm stuck. Should I refer to dog whistling as implied or inferred? It's obviously implied, but officially would have be inferred.

G-Spot Run fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Aug 5, 2016

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
And that book store owner was Albert Einstein

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Sounds like the ACMA are politely/officially saying "He's an idiot, gently caress that guy"

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
The entire basis of media regulation in Australia is what a reasonable, ordinary person would conclude. To say that a reasonable ordinary person would think Bolt is hyperbolic and opinionated is saying Bolt's audience/followers are unreasonable and extraordinarily stupid.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Brian Harradine.

G-Spot Run fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Aug 8, 2016

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
It's too early for the bacchanal rites with new Greens initiates. Get your poo poo together.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

iajanus posted:

Read the posts, totally normal, no idea what people are worried about

:shepface:

That's some posting.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I did the paper form but my handwriting is atrocious. Not even being cute, I don't know how I used to write by hand every day for hours at a time, that poo poo burns my tendons up now after my name and address.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Just get another code.

Yeah, worst case is when the field workers knock on the door to follow up/fine you ask them for a fresh form and fill it in on the spot.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I hope it is a ddos because it proves they aren't capable of protecting poo poo

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I dunno I think we'd just end up with #prayforcensus #jesuisray trending instead

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I know we're all capable of being angry about 2 (or more) things at once, but I suspect they made this dumb contradiction on purpose to shift the narrative away from the Nauru files.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

BBJoey posted:

They got hacked, homes

This, but I know a dude who works in that specific industry who has had an instance where they've had to salt the earth and pull the plug. I think it was something to do with the attack being so bad they couldn't even get to their own load balancers internally to try and shut down incoming connections.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I don't expect anything more than cursory reporting on the gently caress up and privacy advocate concerns. The people broadcasting the messages are reliant on any combination of clicks and advertisers, which is reliant on marketing, which is reliant on statistics to build accurate market segment profiles of who you are, what you're worth and how we can get your loving money/attention.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I too long for the wealth of a dead family in my middle age

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Why fix anything, eventually the boomers will just loving die and it'll be someone else's problem - a boomer

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
If the "taxed and taxed nots" means what I think it means we can say goodbye to the tax free threshold (if the chucklefucks can organise themselves out of their paperbag senate) https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/aug/25/scott-morrison-hits-out-at-taxed-nots-and-warns-of-recession-risk

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Haha, I read that this morning. Pro tier click bait.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Jumpingmanjim posted:

who likes a drink, a smoke, a bet and volunteering with the CFA?

What is his name
It's Charlie Kane!

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
There's an Iga 5m walk down commercial, a Coles express (or whatever petrol-shop hybrid) 2m walk away and closer to the corner, and a big Woolworths and Coles and the Prahran Market 10m walk up commercial, and she's on loving punt Rd. And she stooged her employees.

A Bloo Bloo bloo, I make poor decisions.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Amanda Vanstone may be published but she's hardly a journalist

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Non-binding hate campaign

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
a distant voice floats from above

change from within

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Starshark posted:

You're giving them hits by not pasting the text.

Yeah, remove the link text so it's obvious where it's going, I didn't want to be counted as a view for those fuckers.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Legit mad.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
it;s the thread we deserve

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
auspol spring: gently caress off we're full of dickheads

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
See if a mod will give us special consideration to use the Gas Chamber style sheet in there too.

Arguments for: very green, an echo chamber, is revolting

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
*runs panting from off-stage*

my probation is over, i couldn't wait to spring some classic gendered insults on the crowd

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Luckily unlike this month nobody needs to boycott, it already got mod closed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I don't know why we're so concerned about timely monthly threads, we're pushing this country back into the dark ages with every successive liberal government

• Locked thread