Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Thanks for fixing the Soltown fire quest, Lum!

If you don't mind taking more quest report bugs in this thread (too lazy to log into the main forums,) Bodan in Braemar gives a quest to kill a wolf pack leader in the South Vale Trail. I killed it, but didn't get an update, and he doesn't respond to me when I told him about it.

e: Also I will accept all Release Grand Tour hats as a thank you. thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
I WANT FREE STUFF TOO (i'm sort of enjoying the game so it would go to good use)

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Dear diary: Today I made a trunk, a table, and two chairs for my house, all by myself. :rock:

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

DancingShade posted:

You were expecting it to be complete after only 2 years? :v:

Come back in another 2 or 3.

And will that be just episode one? Does Garriott really plan on making five episodes?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

DancingShade posted:

I think episode 1 is due for completion next year. The roadmap never bloated with "that's nice, hey let's just to do it" so everything additional that comes along gets pushed to after that, so episode 2 and whatever.

If you're keen to know more on the topic I strongly recommend slowly working your way through the various livestreams for the release postmortems. Tons of juicy questions & answers in there. It'll take ages to get through them all though.
Oh and the previous telethons. You'll need a serious amount of time free to go through it all.

I have too much ADD to watch and listen to those things, I just want to know if they are truly committed to fleshing out every aspect of this game, and not just sitting in early access limbo forever.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

DancingShade posted:

They seem to be but feel free to just find something else to distract yourself with and check back in a year or two.
:shrug:

I still feel like playing, who knows how long it'll last. I just wasted something like 40k crafting experience on salvaging a ton of poo poo, so I decided to do some more adventuring. I'm going to the Necropolis to continue the Path of Love quest line. I'm in the underground garden fighting earth elementals, does it get tougher than this, or can I possibly complete it? Or has the quest line even been made past this point?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

DancingShade posted:

40k crafting XP can come and go pretty fast, don't worry about it.

How exactly do you get crafting exp anyway? Just harvesting? I had 95k earlier today and figured I was set for a long time.

At least I'm making progress on the adventuring front. I'm able to take on some orange cons, and some things are turning yellow like hardened skeletons. I'm a sword and shield plate using guy. I know you're a mage, but how would you set up your hotbar in my position? I have 1-4 set to pull glyphs from my deck, which are sword skills, Fist of Stone, and the first shield skill. My locked skills are heal, two glyphs that reduce damage, and two potions. I could do away with the potions, probably, but I don't know what to replace them with.

thanks for all the advice!

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
I got to the bottom (at least, I think it was the bottom) of the Graff Gem Mines, which has pairs of earth elementals that are difficult to separate. I can take them one-on-one, but it takes a long time since they have a lot of damage mitigation and they are immune to my most powerful glyph, Stone Fist. If I ever get to the point where I can kill two of them, I could line my pockets with gold ore and gems.

Wait.

What are gems good for, anyway? Enchanting? Do you enchant weapons, armor, or jewelry?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Shodai posted:

Nice try, Mr. Garriot.

Lord British wouldn't hide behind a pseudonym. If He were to ever arrive on Something Awful, we would know it, and bend our knees.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

DancingShade posted:

Love Versantis Mine. Another 39 silver ore pulled out.

Time to masterwork :v:

How the hell are you killing three hardened skeleton archers? I don't know if I could barely kill one. This is bullshit. Reported.

e: I'm only seeing a couple veins of silver at a time, at the end of the mines behind the breakable wall with the earth elementals. This is the right place right?

Node fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Aug 21, 2016

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

DancingShade posted:

There are ~4-5 silver veins in a side tunnel before you reach the bottom chamber and that has the majority. Some of them will respawn before you leave because it'll take a while to work through all the elementals.

Its not the one with the 3 skeletons behind the breakable wall is it? I didn't see that tunnel.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Mr. The Mad, have you ever considered adding a boss monster named Abashi?

Node fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Aug 23, 2016

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Akion posted:

I would contribute to a "Live Nude Orcs" sign above the guild house.

Speaking of orcs, there aren't any in this game :(. I wish there were, orcs were fun to slaughter in UO.

It also needs dragons, ettins, and jwilsons.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

DancingShade posted:

I kind of like the smack talking elves that boast about how superior they are, right before you put them into the dirt.

I can kill two of the elves in Grayforest at once now. Three is too much, though. Is selling their weapons to Pip currently the best way to make money? I'm getting nice increases in Encumbrance, so I can keep carrying more and more each time.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Has Portalarium ever stated in a future release/episode if music instruments will be more than just, well, music players, like they were in UO? Provoking poo poo was fun.

Lum_ posted:

We have dragons. No ettins but trolls are kind of like that but just with one head. Also have slimes but not the jwilson variety for obvious reasons.

Cool. I've seen a couple trolls. Obviously I had to run since one punch took half my health away.

I wonder if you could get away with naming a slime after a reviewer that gives your game a bad review these days.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

D-Pad posted:

What do the green numbers next to the skill icons that are leveling up on the right side of the screen represent? It isn't how many times you need to perform the action to level it up. I can't figure it out.

It's how many times the skill has leveled up during the current session.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Is there a way or a place I can see the interiors of the Shingle Village House with Overhang, and the Small Old Keep? I'm trying to decide between the two, and every time I see a player owned one, its locked.

Portalarium sent out an email with R33 notes, and they sound nice. Path of Love stuff is getting the most attention, although Estgard is getting a makeover, as planned. I like how certain areas of the game that are PvP flagged will not be able to be circumvented by playing through Single Player or Friends Online. It sounds like they know the risk of PvP was one of the essentials that made UO great. Although they will allow people to go quickly through these areas, like the teleporter dudes at the passes. Loot is going to be more interesting too. Smashing crates might give you something, high level elves have a chance at dropping elven weapons, bosses have loot.

Pretty impressive stuff. Are releases planned to happen each month? If so, this game is headed in a great direction.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

DancingShade posted:

Quite likely.

I just had a polite argument with a player who believes the tax rate is far too high. They've been playing since R32 launched weeks ago and have amassed a "fortune" totalling 250 gold.

How... :psyduck:

I'm sitting at just over 20k now. I can kill four of those fighters wielding halberds in Serpent's Spine Foothills at once, and get tons of cotton and maple with it. When I get encumbered, the amount of halberds I sell get me more than 2500 gold each time, and it only gets higher as my strength and that encumbrance skill increases.

If anyone feels like being a good samaritan, can you let me know if you see an unlocked Shingle Village House with Overhang, and the Small Old Keep? I want to see what the interior is like. Also, how does switching houses work in this game when you have a basement and a house filled with poo poo? Where do your things get saved? Does the stuff in the basement get saved too?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Goddamnit, my house in Estgard is facing a wall instead of the street it is on. It looks goofy as hell.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
You nerfed the selling price of halberds from Serpent's Spine Foothills, didn't you Lum? Didn't you!?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Degs posted:

The game: yay or nay?

Ask again in a year or two.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Greymark Forest got changed quite a bit too. It's 5 skull difficulty now, although it's really more like 4. There are much less elves. There are kobold camps, and the elves fight them. All the elves sometimes forget to equip their weapons, so mages and archers will just beat you with their fists. There are elder wolves on the outskirts and the occasional bear patriarch too. And there are clay deposits to mine.

Its a much less lucrative place to earn gold, unless this elven weapon that some elves are supposed to rarely have can drop here.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Lum_ posted:

Surprisingly we do basic data mining and figure out when one zone gives 99% of XP gain for the entire game.

Wow, was it really that concentrated?

You may want to patch in sometime the elves there so they equip their weapons, it makes mages and archers relatively harmless.

Node fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Aug 26, 2016

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

yoloer420 posted:

I hope this is true. I would love to see more PvP areas, stealing, etc.

I want to build a theif.

Being a town thief in Ultima Online was the greatest few years of gaming in my entire life. No question. My greatest haul was some idiot that put two house deeds and a boat inside a bag. I keep the pants I poo poo myself in displayed on a wall to show my pride. (house deeds and boats cost a lot of gold and weighed only one stone, so they were easy to steal, and you cannot steal them in someones base inventory. they had to have someone stupid enough to put them in a bag, because then you could steal the bag.)

Unfortunately you're only allowed to pickpocket in PvP areas, and only gold at that. I hope that is expanded on in a much later release, like stealing Gold Crowns of the Obsidians or things that are actually valuable.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Akion posted:

I mean, I don't really give too much of a poo poo what someones house looks like in an MMO as long as it's fun. I'm more put off by the cost of housing if you didn't get in on one of those sweet tax-free lots.

500 gold a day on the low end pretty much means I'd have to play a bunch to make it work unless there is some money-making thing I am unaware of right now, which sucks cause I don't really want another job. I already have one.

I guess they'll probably have a real-money way to pay your rent, but who knows what that's gonna be like. My big fear is (assuming the game gets done) it turns into Second Life where you have virtual real-estate barons and the common man can't own land.

But who knows, it's still pre-alpha I guess.

3500/day would require a tremendous amount of work in the current state of the game for a city lot. Maybe when they add stronger monsters that drop appropriate rewards that rent might seem reasonable.

Q: I'm looking for torches to make wall torches out of. I know that there are some props that are a crate filled with four or five of them around, but I can't remember where they are. Does anyone know where I can find one?

Node fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Aug 26, 2016

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Degs posted:

Four of my five dudes were some form of thief. Town thief, thug thief (later disarm), mage thief, stealth thief.

It was just so loving chaotically fun.

I just had Node, my town thief (and where my user name is from.) However, every single character had maxed out Hide. No exceptions. Not even my mage, that could just An Lor Xen himself. The ability to make yourself unknown to the entire game, unless someone bumps into you, changes everything. I wish Camouflage had a permanent duration in this game.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Man, I placed four peppers on a shelf in my basement. When I left the basement and came back some time later, they weren't there anymore. I don't have my peppers. They aren't in my bank or any container. I lost my peppers.

:cry:

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

iminers posted:

Guards!!!

Thank you for being a responsible citizen but the thief is probably blue by now.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
It's okay. I went to Owl's Head and /puked on all the roleplayers and people playing instruments there. I'm happy now.

Node fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Aug 28, 2016

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

D-Pad posted:

If I can mostly handle 4 skull areas, what is the best way to make gold? I can't seem to make much.

R33 nerfed gold income hard. I think it was a bit too extreme.

adomorn posted:

can you fly zeppelins in this game?

No, and I wish the stupid loving things weren't in the game. They're a god drat eyesore.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Where is the key of arcane power in the Tower of the Shuttered Eye? The OP says its in a clickable stone behind one of the statues on the first floor. I can't find it and I hate pixel hunting. I noticed one of the statues has an odd stone on its base behind it, but I can't click on it.

Also these elite skeletal mages are ridiculously difficult.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Alexander DeLarge posted:

It's behind the statue near the right end of the statue, don't remember what side of the room it's on though.

Ugh. I'm probably going to need a screenshot. I'm bad at video games, and looking at things.

Is the loot even worth it up top?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Definitely. You can run it in 15 minutes.

Be my hero and take a screenshot of this stupid thing to click I CANT FIND IT HELP

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Since you're cool, I'll spend the 15 minutes to get over there but I expect some :a2m: in the eRP dungeon later.

What have I gotten myself into...

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Buying the Gimp outfit on the SOTA store for $30 now.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
What the gently caress? I was literally staring at that thing. I can't click on it. Nothing happens.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Lum_ posted:

Got bugged last patch for some reason, fixed it for today's patch

Hooray! Thank you.

e: Well, you can loot it, but there isn't a key inside it.

Node fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Aug 30, 2016

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Akion posted:

It'd be nice if there was a "Don't show me non-immersive housing" option that just replaced poo poo like the airship on your screen with a row house or something.

This would be amazing. The airships and lighthouses are ugly as sin. If I could just see their vendors and nothing else, that'd be great.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

I'm glad everyone stayed because this looks great.

If we can cut off the chains keeping that ugly rear end zeppelin grounded it'd be even better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

I'm going to rename my vendor and leave him rude messages about him and his property. I'm sure he'll see it.

Is Terrorism a skill set in this game? I'm just asking questions here.