Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Checked it out last night for the first time in about a year, and they have made some awesome improvements. It still runs like rear end but the combat improvements are great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Depends on your dexterity, can you guarantee a hit? If so, charge. If not, don't.

Why is dex behind that really terrible subterfuge skill? Some of the skill placement doesn't make sense.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Between working/Squad/No Man's Sky, I've just been busy. Once I get the guild up and running I'll probably log in just enough to manage things and hang out. No need to rush through the content since it's all persistent now.

Make the guild then go play those

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Krycek posted:

How is group pvp in this game? Any sort of guild war mechanic? I've been looking for a good sandbox mmo for a while now. Is there ample opportunity to gently caress with pubbies? Also, can we rename the town to Goongard?

I know there is some kind of guild pvp mechanic not sure what it is though.

It's got a lot of neat sandbox stuff going on but, if pvp is your main thing this is definitely not going to impress you.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

If you are baby noob you should beeline to hidden vale. The zones there are way more forgiving.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

DancingShade posted:

I've never collected more than a token amount of gold & silver ore because masterworking + enchanting is something I'm going to worry about later.

That being said places like Owls Nest or the Serpent Spine Mines are basically ore node & crystal supermarkets (with angry things walking the aisles). A lot of players took lots in the Drachvald Peninsula behind the Vauben Pass control point specifically to be close to the Graff Gem Mines. There's also the Spectral Mines in the mountains up the river from Solace Bridge and probably a bunch others I missed.

Basically you're looking for places like that and you'll never be short of ingots. Also meticulous collection is your friend when you get double or even quadruple procs and one node gives you multiple ore/crystal.

Where is all this stuff? This is a handy fan made resource that might help http://www.sotamap.com/

A good post. Meticulous collection takes a while to get going but it definite changes the mining game.

Node posted:

Crafting is an enormous timesink as well. Maybe too much. I mine everything I see, and I go to the Owl's Nest mine to mine there, which is the densest place for veins I've found so far. All that for maybe 18 ingots of copper and 20 of iron over a few days. And I could make two or three things before I'm out of ingots. All this while I see player vendors selling 400 gold ore. Where the gently caress do they get all of that?

If you have made only 20 something ore in a few days something is definitely wrong. I made 50+ iron ingots yesterday out of owls nest alone. You are salvaging too right? Making ingots from shards should be the only way you are making ingots.

Jimlit fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Aug 15, 2016

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

So this town you guys chose kind of sucks. you have to run for like a mile just to hit the NPC's

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Node posted:

Are the random translucent skeletons on the ground places where people have died before? Like a Dark Souls soul patch?
Yep

DancingShade posted:

If you want to spawn directly on top of the hub move to Parrot's Roost.

Also it takes me ~45 secs of running to reach downtown from spawn. If that's too long for you :shrug:

Parrots Roost sounds awesome.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

DancingShade posted:

If you're after silver ore for masterworking then Veritas mines (accessible via Veritas foothills in the mountains a bit south of Harvest, over the channel from Estgard) is basically copper and silver central.

I pulled out 36 silver ore, some large quantity of copper and a lot of ruby, garnet and sapphire fragments plus a few fully intact ones.

Slight downside: you need to be able to manage fights with upwards of 3 hardened skeletal archers at once. Might be pretty brutal once you start going deeper than just the entry area.

Upside: the bottom chamber "only" has earth elementals and if you can reach it you'll have no trouble stripping it bare. Well slowly. You might need a slight rest after killing each one.

(the whole place is basically a 5 skull area)

It should be noted that you can just ghost down to the level of the silver. There is an ankh down there berry close to that breakable wall.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

I'm assuming it's more about the perks than any damage increases. Like my 10% crit two-handed sword trivialized things that used to whoop my rear end.

Jimlit fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Aug 16, 2016

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Pole arms are great once you learn how to use them. Only melee weapons that can hit multiple targets too.

Most melee weapons can hit multiple targets.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Oh they changed that? Disregard. It's very effective with large mobs though.

Can it hit more than 3 at a time?

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

30.5 Days posted:

Just did a 4 hour totally blind dungeon crawl with the lunar dragons starting in etceter crag mines and falling apart between midgaeard passage (or whatever it's called) and the spectral mines when a bunch of people who'd run out of arrows went into spectral mines instead of back toward kiln, couldn't get back because of a locked door, and got torn apart by angry wizards.

It was so fun, so exciting. I know a day's going to come when every inch is mapped & everyone knows what the gently caress the "spritual barrier" around that megaboss lich in etceter crag is, but for right now, everything seems crazy and cool. Finding another false wall with like a dozen gold nodes behind it is incredible. That hilarious 5 false walls in a row tunnel in etceter crag was cool, finding that first key & getting it into the lock felt so good like we were working toward finding more incredible stuff, an adventure we thought was about to wrap up just kept going. Gosh.

If they could bring all the zones up to the fun/quality level of some of those mine areas, this game could be something really special.

I soloed that last night, thanks for giving up the best gold spawns in the game rear end in a top hat :(

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Texibus posted:

OHHH NO, all three of you will be swarming the area intermittently :)

dont gently caress with my money goons...

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

30.5 Days posted:

So today they crossed the 10 million dollar mark, so everyone gets a cape of some sort. They also raised $200k during the telethon and ran out of ideas for stretch goals.

If you dropped at least 5 bux today, you got:

- Airplane emote
- Wow quest symbol top hats
- Aeronaut Outfit
- Mini automaton pet
- An in-game camera emote that takes black and white photos
- Clockwork Armor with radio in helmet (?)
- Flaming Bagpipes with leather & metal kilt
- An umbrella which changes the weather
- They couldn't think of anything else when we hit $200k but we'll get something else but they have to think of it first

As for me, I spent $11 and got a pair of wings and a flute in addition to all of the above so I'm a pretty happy camper.

I'd have dropped $5 if it was like, "will finish unfinished scenes"

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

[quote="Akion" post="463488218"
How viable is it to make money gathering resources? I'm guessing I have to have a house if I want a vendor?
[/quote]

It's pretty viable, silver and cut gems specifically. There are public vendors that work like auction houses, I'd say those are way better than a house vendor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Be prepared to pay the upkeep (lmao gently caress that).

Row: 500 gold per day
Village: 1000 gold per day
Town: 2000 gold per day
City: 3500 gold per day

That is like an absolutely nothing amount of cash.