Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

is NBC streaming all sports online and I can stream if I want.. or is it all just whatever they broadcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Vertical Lime posted:

yes, all the sports will be streamed live

as long as you have cable

that could be a problem for a lot of people on this forum

Lucky for me I share cable with a roommate adding on digital TV, dvr and intetnet was $20 on top of their normal bill, just intetnet would have been 50

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

gfanikf posted:

So what's the recommended VPN of choice?

I"ve been using trust.zone but I'm not sure how they will be if lots of folks use it to stream the BBC.. I had speeds to stream it in the US just fine.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

turtlecrunch posted:

Is there a way to do the VPN thing but also somehow get it on my TV? I have Universal Media Server on my PC but I'm not sure if that only does stored media. Hate NBC's coverage.

This isnt 100% but get a router that can support a VPN connection, then use the BBC app or something for your TV / roku if one exists.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

So many waves for rowing, rowers getting splashed with poo water and struggling to go the distance

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

So many bikes getting rekt by the cobblestone.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Humphreys posted:

You refering to the USA shooter that beat the russian and two chinese? Good job by her keeping her cool. Only 19 and shoots better than me when I was in the army at 19 :P

EDIT: I give up trying to post grabs of the aussie hotties rugby - every time i screencap and upload they score again. Now its 53-0 to Colombia

Which event is this, I'd like to watch later.. I can watch later with the nbc app?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Why are the stands so damned empty?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

J.A.B.C. posted:

Female's Cycling, and I think that dude might be dead.

Came to post this

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Well that was way more exciting of a finish I thought that there would be for a 100 mile bike race.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Fuckin eh, some of us have to work.
Now I'm stuck watching prime time coverage and or replays like a scrub.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Is the us with or without texas included?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Pole vault bar lift no longer working right.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

unpacked robinhood posted:

I'm glad that sa user virus with hoes is posting in the rio thread.

It's fine that they post, everything is fine.
This is just the liberal media making poo poo up to make trump look bad.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Yeah if I was a volunteer I'd expect to put in like a 4-5 hrs then get to wander around and go to empty events or something, or at least get fed and stuff.

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Aug 16, 2016

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

watching sailing on NBC:
"Everything is fine"

"There has not been one complaint about the water here at rio, the media made it out to be really bad, but not one person has complained. Some of the sailors even have gone on to swim in the water after the event it's so clean"
Next segment:
"They have helicopters go out in the morning to direct boats where to pick up the garbage that has floated into the circles for sailing"

I'm sorry but if you need to direct trash boars by helicopter every morning at your premier beach / sailing venue, then your water isn't clean.
Not to mention the water is still full of literal poo poo.. maybe the sail far enough out where it's less brown and lovely.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Judge Schnoopy posted:

what the gently caress they just pulled a LEG out of water yesterday. A loving human leg from a murdered dude.

Although maybe nobody literally complained about it out loud so the statement there can stand.

Everything is fine.

NO ONE HIT THE LEG, IT WAS CLEANED UP BEFORE THE EVENT.. EVERYTHING IS FINE!

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Vasily Tokarev posted:

Paying for the thrill of killing a poor local.

oh so he paid to join the police for a day?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Lime Tonics posted:

edit : boaters mad, and they are brazilian even,

A Brazilian sailor ripped the water conditions on the Olympic catamaran course, saying floating garbage cost his boat a shot at a medal.

Brazil's Samuel Albrecht, who partnered with Isabel Swan, finished in eighth place in the Nacra 17 competition at Marina da Gloria. Albrecht said he bit his tongue when it happened Monday, but said the conditions in the race Tuesday were too much.

"(We had) problems five times (Tuesday) and yesterday it had already happened as well," Albrecht told Agence France Presse.

"We didn't want to talk much about the subject, but today it was really terrible, it was really dirty. We were in second place but we hit rubbish. I don't know if it happened with others, but it happened to us today."

Swan confirmed there was debris on the rudder of their craft, just one of the worries at a venue where bacteria in the sewage-laden waters sparked health concerns.

http://www.nbcnews.com/card/brazil-sailors-fume-about-garbage-course-n632671

^^ odd because the NBC broadcast while waiting for sailing to not start clearly said how clear and bacteria free the water was and that there were no complaints ever about the water...

Everything is fine.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Vertical Lime posted:

the dirty secret about olympics tv coverage is none of them are good

I've been thoroughly enjoying being able to watch just the streams with no commentary and low commercials on the NBC Roku app. I think I watched the US Vs Brasil beach volleyball that way 2 days ago and it was awesome, basically just an OBS feed.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Vertical Lime posted:

yeah, that's the way to go here

next time they should offer it for people without cable

The only reason I have it is I have a housemate.. they had phone and cablr.. to add Internet alone it was going to be $50 a month, to add dvr, digital cable and intetnet it was going to be $20.

Next time get a vpn for $10 for the month and watch the BBC coverage, or get someone else's cable credentials. I gave my parents mine.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

You've won the page

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Does anyone have video of the Brazilian runners loving up the 4x100? I didn't catch it and even for the re race nbc didn't show it.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Yes the answer is milenials not the fact that their coverage sucks and I'd rather watch the straight obs streams...

loving kids get off my lawn.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Both feet visibly left the ground, yellow card.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Lets not count the holes in the velodrome repaired by duct tape and paper, many nearly empty events, Brasilian athletes causing issues, rudders jammed by couches, multiple robberies of athletes (not including Liarchte), and a slew or racist actions by what can be assumed as host country memebers. Also unready and unfinished olympic village housing. Oh and the whole several people nearly dying on the tight rainforrest turns of the cycling course. Oh speaking of biking the literal garbage fire that shut down practice and scorched the Mtn Biking venue.

But who's counting right.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Sonofsilversign posted:

Both these things are filled with lovely assholes but only one will be on a rio beach 4 years from now.

can you solve my riddle

Brasil and Racewalking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Why did they shoot the jaguar?

:(

It went a bit off its rocker when they had it run/walk next to the Olympic flame.

• Locked thread