Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Policenaut posted:

It's good you people are explaining this now because my main series strategy has been

- upgrade weapons a lot
- get base stats to 50% upgraded
- ?????

Good to know OG is different

My SRW strategy was always DEPLOY ALL MAZINGERS AND GETTERS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Samurai Sanders posted:

did I come to like the anime so much because it's favored in SRW, or is it favored in SRW for the same reasons that I like it so much?

Yes.

Really though, it owns, a lot.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Off topic, but paging Samurai Sanders

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y5s769KXF0

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I really dig that footage of a truck full of Sanderses myself.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Sweet now I can field 4 Mazingers instead of 3 :getin:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

HitTheTargets posted:

The best Banpresto original is now Mazin Emperor G, by a wide margin. I hope we get a V2 featuring Mazinger Angels.

Same, been saying that forever. And Cutey Honey better at least be a secret unit.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Dear SRW thread, am I mis-remembering something, or was there some kind of shoujo anime crossover game on like the (first) playstation? Something with a bunch of old magical girl shows and stuff?

I know Super Heroine Chronicle is a thing on PS3 but that's not what I'm thinking of.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Endorph posted:

You might be thinking of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panic_in_Nakayoshi_World ? It's snes but very late in its life cycle, and fits the bill.

Yeah that isn't it either, I might just be imagining something or combining concepts in my bad memory or some poo poo. Thanks though.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Ryoga posted:

Could it be Majokko Daisakusen: Little Witching Mischiefs? I only know about it due to it being a bizarre reskin of another game called The Unholy War.

OK yeah, that's it, thank you. Counter-thanks to google for completely failing to return anything when I'm searching various combos of "playstation game with cutey honey in it". Thought I was going crazy here.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah it seems like a pretty fuckin weird game. In my hazy memory I was thinking it had pretty bad graphics and now that I looked up a video uh loving confirmed holy poo poo. Just..WEIRD choices on the art. It seems like when still the characters are a fairly poor 2D sprite but when moving they temporarily become fairly poor 3D models.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Tried out that Majokko Daisakusen: Little Witching Mischiefs game tonight and it is loving bad

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

AradoBalanga posted:

The fact that Ryusei hasn't grown out his sideburns to match hot-blooded super robot pilots is astounding.

Unless there's some very weird dress code regulations in the OG universe, wherein mustaches and mullets are fine, but mutton chops are a no-go.

I grow my sideburns out most of the time and if anyone asks i just say I have to be prepared in case I ever need to pilot a super robot.

edit: maybe I should start saying "again" at the end there

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Dec 30, 2016

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I'm watching the new Voltron show and yeah they should totally use this one for SRW. The castle is now* a carrier battleship unit with two pilots and weapons and shields and everything.

*it was a ship in Golion too but they barely used it

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I never did understand the colors not matching.

Some of the later shows keep it and some "fix" it, and then the show before the current one went and introduced three trainee pilots that acted like subpilots and provided specific powerups. That show also had the idea if different Voltron forms by having diffent lions form the core which was neat.

Throw in all the shows, crisis on infinate Voltrons.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

The GIG posted:

Put Godzilla in a good game for once.

If Godzilla is playable he's unbalanced strong. If he's an enemy he's unbalanced strong. If he is not unbalanced strong, he is not Godzilla.

Maybe you could have stages where you need to like dodge collateral damage from a Godzilla-adjacent incident or rescue civilians or just get the gently caress out of the danger zone though.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Is there a good post somewhere detailing the options for getting this game in the US? I'm assuming it's mostly just import a disc or buy psn cards, but how does that jive with DLC and so on? I'm sure this has been answered already 50 times but it wasn't in the OP or anything so yeah sorry.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Inferno-sama posted:

Set up a Singapore PSN account. Then, after getting the game digitally or physically, you can use SGD PSN cards to buy the DLC.

That's not too bad then. Once paid for and downloaded, any account on the ps4 can use the stuff, right?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Man when I get this game I totally need to set all the :krad: instrumentals from the A-ko soundtrack as custom tracks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCW94L8Xjfs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oxe24K_wkk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X16QSH3mgs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrQu-GtD7co

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Gyra_Solune posted:

you have to at least be pretending to have the trappings of a giant robot show, Tekkaman Blade and Orgun happened because you could believe they were robots if nobody told you otherwise and they hit the same plot beats, Miku happened because it was Virtual On, Yamato happened because battleships are in goddamn every show and I have no idea why since they never have significant merchandise

people that look wholly human are allowed but not as the main character, more or less. only examples I can even think of as side units are that dude from Linebarrels, I think Renais at one point in W, I think one of those Macross 7 space elf people, Fighter Roar going space-surfing, and...does Muge Zorbados count

drrockso20 posted:

Similar reason why they should add Mazinger Angels in some day

These posts solve themselves. Cutey Honey had a giant Cutey Honey robot in Mazinger Angels.

As always when we start talking about this concept in the thread, I say bring on the ladies only* SRW taking place in a setting based on post-series Godannar. The men can't pilot anymore, they'll get the "was too much of a hotblood super robot pilot" disease if they do!!

*actually you could totally still have like Ryoma refusing to stop piloting a Getter or whatever and maybe have some kind of system that lets you use dudes a certain number of times before succumbing to rabid syndrome. Perhaps even turning them into enemies! Could be neat.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Mar 10, 2017

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

ZuljinRaynor posted:

Gunbuster again please.

Gunbuster always if you ask me.

And a Getters/Gunbuster/Gurren Lagaan combo attack where everyone crosses their arms.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

ZuljinRaynor posted:

I think it would be cool the get Captain Harlock in one of these games, (and make sure Crossbone Gundam is in it as well of course.) If you do a two part game, you can have the original TV series Harlock in the first one and then do Endless Odyssey Harlock for the second game. The running joke in the second one would be that every non Harlock character says the something about the Arcadia looks different but they can't put their finger on it. They you drive your battleship through the enemies with your giant knife.

For some reason I'm imagining the Macross throwing the Arcadia like a javelin.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Captain Rufus posted:

No but Sei's mom is.

:mmmhmm:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Was joking with friends about how clearly it means we could now get Battlestar Galactica in SRW.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I still want a Stargate RTS, drat it. With playable Travellers.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Now we have to start fantasizing about simultaneous PC release in English.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Like, for free for free? I was gonna PSN that after my next check maybe but drat. That's pretty generous.

Of course, I don't have PMs :v:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

RoyalScion posted:

Yeah, for free free. Unfortunately somebody PM"d me before the timestamp on your post so it's gone now :(

Regardless of who got it, it's pretty drat nice of you to just hand out a free video game!

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
What's the smart place to buy V or the PSN cards to buy it digitally these days? US Buyer. I...probably want the DLC too, eventually, if that matters.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Tried to buy singapore cards from play-asia and all my cards are throwing errors and paypal does nothing when I try to use my bank. OK then. Guess I'll try it again later.

In before I somehow get billed for like a dozen copies

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
So I tried to buy some PSN cards over the weekend and my bank flagged it as shady or whatever. I talked to them and fixed that. Payment went through, but now play asia cancelled my order. This game is hard to buy.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
clearly the gundam is a secret prototype made of special gundamium alloy who's formula was lost

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Ethiser posted:

In universe the late One Year War Zeon suits were just as good as the Gundam. If you wanted to include the original Gundam in SRW and feel the need to give some sort of gameplay justification for it still being good you just have to give Amuro stats so high that his piloting overcomes any weakness that the suit has. That is the main reason it was so good later in 0079 anyway. Also give it Tobe! Gundam as its theme music because that would also make it the best mobile suit in the game.

Maybe Amuro is like the only person ever who actually read the manual for his robot.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Schwarzwald posted:

I'd love a modern SRW with only shows from the 70's, but I didn't need to read that interview (again, props Hokuto!) to know that'd never happen.

Do a SRW with shows from any time, but make everyone LOOK like they came out in the 70s.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Can we get Noriko, Kazumi, and Jung as pilots in Shin Getter or something? I'd totally field that.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Inferno-sama posted:

This just reminds me of Getter Robo Daikessen, with the Getter Zan.

The more Mazingers and Getters I can field at once, the better. I love when Mazingers get upgrades but the old ones stay, so eventually Sayaka and Boss can get Mazingers too.

In fact let's just get to the point where there's a Mazinger upgrade so large it can launch the first model as it's rocket punch.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jul 31, 2017

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Banjowns

edit: I was looking through a folder of old pictures and saw this and laughed

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Aug 1, 2017

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Finally been playing V the past few days and it rules.

PS gently caress the screenshot police

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I dunno if this was intentionally but I fuckin appreciate this existing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Do these choices mean/do anything? I've seen a few of them now.

• Locked thread