Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Am I missing an option somewhere, or is there no way to turn off rumble in Moon Dwellers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

AP are the points you use to buy and sell Abilities, that subsystem they introduced in OG2nd where every unit and pilot has those tag things attached and you can rearrange them to get better effects.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

OG1 had the SRW2 plot run to its end followed by the Alpha plot without most of the Alpha originals' personal stories, while Moon Dwellers has J and GC running side-by-side with more original stuff in there, and OG1 and OG2 (in its individual GBA release) both have fewer stages than Moon Dwellers It might not make ideal use of the full cast, but it feels a little off to call it a Gaiden game just for being focused and being shorter than the longest OG game.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Because she was briefly the pilot for the R-Gun and they don't want to change her to suit what they've consistently given her since, I guess.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

GilliamYaeger posted:

Wait what? I ended up falling behind around episode...8, I think? so I'm not caught up.

What the hell happened between then and now? I loved what the parts I watched, what on earth went wrong?

The villains start being really effective and taking control of vast swathes of space, while the heroes end up evacuating as much population as they can into their dome ship and fleeing to space to find a way to strike back. Maybe it's just because the show pushes so many "you will like this" buttons for me, but I never felt like it was too drastic a shift from what came before, just a dramatic twist, and I've loved the show as much as ever throughout.

Then again, I also liked Ranka, so...

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

HitTheTargets posted:

I've decided that if Katina ever gets the Gab-L, I hope it's a secret with similar requirements to the Free Electron Cannon in 2ndOGs.

Given OG precedent for unit names that end in L, I hope they invent a Gab-R for Russel.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Infinity Gaia posted:

So wait, this implies that you get the Grungust and the Huckie eventually regardless. I wonder if their early preorder appearance is plotless then?

To me that sounds like you can choose them as the main original, but probably have to do something like beat the game with the new one first to unlock them.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

While some attacks (like the Grungust's Boost Knuckle) are lacking in impact compared to similar animations in OGMD, I have found myself enjoying how quickly the average attack-and-counter goes in V by comparison. I'm sure that'll change when I'm further in and have the resources to spam final attacks and what-were-final-attacks-but-now-there-are-bigger-ones, but it's got me out of the OG habit of turning off animations for most of the enemy turn.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

is there any reason to like. actually use the laevatein's booster?

extra range really does not seem worth losing my MAP and lambda attack

Burn through its final attack's ammo against the first high-HP targets you reach, then detach it once range isn't a concern. You don't want to use it for the whole stage but it's a useful thing to launch with.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Ashsaber posted:

I am glad that enemy numbers are going up more quickly than they did in MD. I had everyone pretty much at around 150 will by the end there, which was enough that SeabookKincade was able to start pulling his weight, after a rather poor start. Does he ever get a better unit, or do I want to dump the MP91 at the first possible chance?

I'm on stage 51 and Kincade is my number 3 ace, having been in the F91 all game. Admittedly, I put a lot of money into it and gave it good parts because it's one of my favourites, but my point is that the MP F91's not a top-tier unit but can be good if you want to use it, especially since Kincade's ace bonus makes him able to Second Attack basically everything and most of the best UC units have pilot-locked finishers.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Getsuya posted:

Oh hey a remake of Yamato just popped up on Crunchyroll. I guess putting it in V was partially in prep for this? It’s pretty good, not that I’ve seen the original to compare it.

Yamato 2199 is the show that was in V. Shame it's region-locked to US and Canada, but having marathoned it before V came out I'd say it's a very good show on its own non-remake-based merits.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

I had been annoyed that the magical other world game didn't have Lamune &40 or Ryu Knight in it (everything that debuted in Neo should come back, really) but on learning that they started at "let's include these series, how do we make this work" and arrived at the setting premise of X rather than vice-versa, I don't mind so much.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

I can see "male or female protagonist, the one you pick pushes the other out of the way of a speeding truck and ends up in magic super robot land."

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

X is completely standalone.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Levantine posted:

Who is a good pilot for the Gundam Mk II? I know it's not great but it's animated well and I'm determined to use it.

I kept Aida in it for a good while; I was coming at it from the other angle of needing a unit to give her, and having a decent long-range attack for her to Charge with but not missing out on anything Newtype-dependent made it a solid match.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Between the Zs, L, Beowulf hanging around in the Shadow Mirrors' universe and anything they might want to do with the Endless Frontier cast now some of them have been in OG proper, there's plenty of room for a dimension-crossing story. Neo's magical angle could connect into bringing back more Masoukishin characters, plus Cybuster being powered by humanity's negative emotions now (unless the SEA translation got it confusingly wrong?) could lead into a new plot there, possibly with Shurouga. The next game could introduce the Glory Stars or the Firebugs to tease Z stuff, and depending on how rights fall they might be able to tease out things from Real Robot Battle Line or the ACE series.

Honestly, replaying 2nd OG has made me realise that they could do basically anything with the series and I'd be up for it; SRW OG was my gateway to being seriously into robot anime so I'll always get excited over a new one.

1st Stage Midboss fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Nov 7, 2018

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

If W gets into the next OG, more ships gives them a narratively convenient way to do 3- or 4-way route-splits and divide the cast into manageable chunks. Obviously, they've already not been using the Kurogane for this and it'd be more work, but I'd rather have shorter OG games with the replay value of seeing the other routes than longer ones where I have to decide between 50 characters to deploy every map.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Have they actually recast anyone in an SRW game outside of characters who never appeared before the death of their original VA? Bright doesn't really count, because he had already been recast for Unicorn so it wasn't their decision so much as it was taking advantage of what's in the series included. Of course, OG characters have specific lines for everything in a way characters in the licensed games don't. The absence of that for all the new enemies would be very noticeable, and recasting your own characters is different to using a new VA for a character someone else owns, so it could still happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Tobia's fighting a Batalla in the PV, so there's going to be Crossbone enemies in some form, but I feel like if we were getting the events of Crossbone they'd have shown off the X3 as a shiny and new (but older and worse) unit.

• Locked thread