Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The English is good enough that it enhances the enjoyment of the game for me, someone who speaks zero Japanese. Yeah a super professional translation would be better but that was never going to happen for an Asian release of a game with this much text.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

An Umasugi Wave original character called Moimoi I guess.

X Omega sure has turned into a dumping ground for all kinds of weird stuff. I heard Godzilla is going to be in it too.

It has Godzilla and a Mechagodzilla painted in Eva 01 colors.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Tribladeofchaos posted:

It breaks my heart to hear that Granteed sucks in MD, he was literally invincible in J. Same with hearing about the weak secret list, now I remember why I don't like OG games nearly as much as the mainstream SRW.

The only games that have had good secrets recently are the 3DS ones. All the Z games after the first one had pretty anemic secret lists.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

:ssh: OGMD has a secret character

Unless there is one I don't know about I'm not sure if a character you can use for only part of one stage counts as a real secret character in the way most people mean it.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

In my heart of hearts I still want to believe the Shurouga is a corrupted form of Cybuster from the Cybuster anime.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

GilliamYaeger posted:

I want the Cerberus and Garmraid to open up, too.

For real. The only thing better for Katina and Russel to pilot than a robot that punches drills is one that punches mouths.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Arriere also has a case of the plot cancer. At the start of the game it is mentioned that she is hibernating to extend her life while they look for a cure.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The problem with the D mechs seems pretty fixable since they have a knock off Cytron system. The Fury should be able to help them somehow.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Luceid posted:

I'm legitimately a little bummed out when there's yet another game where Arado and Seolla, child prodigy super-soldier types, are pretty much forgettable and a chore to use. I like those two, why you gotta make me work so hard to make them feel good, game?

I never understood why they are such bad pilots. Is it supposed to be their punishment for having a combo attack?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I'm near the end of Moon Dwellers and I love that every stage seems to have Shu's bird asking him if he just wants to use Neo Granzon and kill everything himself.

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Aug 27, 2016

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The Dracodeus feels like the Granzon without the map attack so lets not act like it's bad in any way.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Make the Coustwell be piloted by an AI of Jau-Mu who just yells crazy things the whole time.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm excited for Crowe stealing Ing's lunch money next game.

The only way the Z characters should show up is just warping in from a crossgate post Z3.

The only real complaint I have about Moon Dwellers story wise is that the GameCube villains got unceremoniously genocided.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Speaking of Alpha 3 originals what happens with Selena and who were those people who rescued her? I didn't take that route but I saw some video of it.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

There have been like 10 alien invasions in the past five years. I could see Earth getting a little more zealous in how they deal with things.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Z3 has some really cool ideas. I like the idea of your protagonists basically ACTUALLY ascending to godhood and fighting on an entirely new scale but the execution ended up being wanting and it is way, way, way too up its Original rear end and neglects the anime canon series way too loving hard.

The problem to me was that it seemed like they didn't have enough anime stories left to tell so they had to add way too many stages fighting the original enemies or just a combination of generic space monsters.

And the fact that we didn't get to see mechs for the rest of the zodiac is a travesty.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

SEED and 0079 are actually really easy to use. They are just big wars. Macross is about a trip through space so it can be awkward to include large parts of its story unless you used other shows about space travel.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Isn't the Neo original magic based? They could use that to include a way to fix Cybuster.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Depending on how the story goes next game unless we get to the endgame Alpha 3 stuff I doubt the Fury'll show up.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The Switch is definitely intended to replace the3DS they just won't say that to hedge their bets in case it bombs.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

What a weird game. I'm excited for Great Mazinkaiser's cloak to turn into a giant sword blade.

I like the new original unit. It's got sort of a modern military look to it.

Also good to see my man Seabook back rocking the F91.

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Oct 31, 2016

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I hope them using art of Eva Unit 1 from the end of rebuild 2.0 means it'll be a usable unit for the last few stages of the game.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I hope we get ZZ Yazan and not Z Yazan.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

With the series they have in V it is going to be a bummer if they can't get battleships right.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I thought every ship in Gundam had one of those and the V2 was just the time they fit one inside a mobile suit.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Monaghan posted:

Also I hope the soul saber gets cooler because it's really boring so far.
The long range version of the Soul Saber is much better than the melee version.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I thought the 3DS games were good Super Robot Wars games that had some fun diverse cast lists. Also they had secret units and characters which have disappeared in any meaningful form from the Sony games since Z.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

I just remembered in V it's the girl that got the Grungust and the boy that got the Huckebein and I get hype all over again.

The girl didn't sound like that great of a yeller which is a key component of piloting a super robot.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

GimmickMan posted:

It was actually Job John The Chef, Newtype Burger Prodigy, who guided Amuro back to White Base.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

It only when you have multiple characters piloting the same grunt suits that that it really feels like a waste. If every extra pilot has something unique for them to use it's not that big of a deal. Like if they try to fit the stories of Zeta Gundam and ZZ in it will feel dumb because they'll either have multiples of suits or some pilots won't have anything for them to use.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The way they described which characters you can use reads like a weird translation.

The fact that the line in that first screenshot is easily recognizable as a known English phrase and not something like "If it's kill or was kill..." gives me hope.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

You can play Singapore PSN DLC on your non-Singapore account.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I am also Liard.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The first 3DS game had the manga plot but I'm not super sure where it ended.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Hathaway's Flash is a good point to separate the UC because after it mobile suits start to become smaller in size.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Endorph posted:

Honestly, Aldnoah and IBO would be kind of hard to integrate because their roles are pretty much entirely reversed. In Aldnoah Mars is super advanced and powerful and Earth is treated as a massive underdog. In IBO, mars is a massive shithole that's only good for warm bodies and mining.

Just do what Z2 did with Japan and have two Mars. Problem solved.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

HitTheTargets posted:

I think of it as a Warriors game. Sometimes I want a game that's grindy as poo poo because I'm listening to a podcast or whatever but I want to do something with my hands.

I'd probably sit up and pay attention if they did a G Gen Origin that takes all the disparate OYW side stories and tried to directly interweave them into Amuro's story. Like, instead of going to Doan's Island they run across Master P. Layer.

Throughout the story Amuro would constantly make comments about how how the Gundam can't keep up with him anymore while making awkward glances at the increasing number of Gundams on the White Base that were originally supposed to be his upgrade.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Getsuya posted:

I just started Z2 and immediately missed the first SR point because the AI didn't suicide on me like I thought it would. Am I going to miss the true ending or whatever if I don't get these? Or should I just not worry about them if this is my first time playing?

I'm pretty sure the story doesn't change in Z2 based on SR points. I think they just give you an option to fight a stronger version of the final boss if you want to.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Raxivace posted:

Isn't there something in there about the Yamato 2199 plot being set a century after Char's Rebellion?

I wonder how that's supposed to work out.

I'm not sure if it is going to be an Alpha Gaiden or R type thing where they spend most of the time in the future and then go back in time and stop the bad future from happening or the early UC guys end up in some sort of stasis for 100 years. Looking at the series list none of them really stand out to me as having a time travel element though that hasn't stopped them from using that plot before. I guess they could use the end of Eva 2.0 as the explanation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Levantine posted:

So to get the DLC stuff for SRW:V what region account do I need to create? Hong Kong?

Most people use a Singapore account.

• Locked thread