Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
New SrW in English is almost enough to make me want a PS4. Almost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
Is the TOTALLY NOT GAY HORSIE MODE COMBO ATTACK still in for this one? It was op as hell in the GBA games and funny as hell. Ok maybe not as rad as SRX and the gun combos but.. the Yaoi baiting made up for it in comedic value.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Vandal Hearts (for all six people who have played it) :colbert:

It's a goodun yeah.

The best SRPG though are the 2 Pathway to Glory games. But they are on the N Gage so barely anyone played them. And then the devs took the core gameplay, dumbed it down, and made a PSP Warhammer 40k game out of it that wasn't remotely as good. (Though it's a fair game in its own right. Took out the RPG elements sadly.)

They aren't much about the story and more about futilely trying to keep your group of WW2 operatives from dying. Hint: it doesn't matter how experienced your characters are because a sub machine gun ripping off a clip at point blank range will still the gently caress out of them. Works the other way too however. Closer to X Com but you shoot Nazis and Imperial Japanese. And steal their vehicles and gun emplacements and drop mortars on buildings you think they are hiding in so the structure collapses on them and they die. Also lots of sneaking around because bullets don't care about hp so it's kind of necessary.

And it's got hot seat versus play modes.

Yet because LOL TACOPHONE LOL SIDETALKIN few people played it and it had like very little impact on Srpgs at all. :smith:

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Davzz posted:

I've seen more people like Frontier over Delta, the latter seems to be considered very bland.

I liked Frontier but made it 5 episodes into Delta and decided I wasn't wasting any more time on it. But I didn't get much further in Iron Blooded Orphans and quit Q Reconguista around the 17 episode mark. I dunno if I'm finally growing up, anime isn't for me any more, or the internet has killed my attention span.

(But then I pretty much binge watched 2 seasons of Rick and Morty.... )

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Dr Pepper posted:

I thought it was more like Harmony Gold claims they do and nobody in Japan feels it's worth the money to take them to court to prove them wrong.

Harmony Gold's deal is with Tatsunoko. And is weird as gently caress. Like they basically did the same thing they hosed over FASA with the Battletech designs only on a larger scale and with a much bigger company subletting rights they apparently didn't have.

Also Zone of the Enders:Fist of Mars on the GBA is pretty much an SRW game already. With optional Easy mode combat resolution in the form of action sequences.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
I actually bought a PS4 (Slim) from the BBuy BFriday thing just for this game in English. (Moon Dwellers and other nerd rear end robot games too of course. Plus those Arcade Archives DL titles. Terra Cresta? Arcade? In my home? Please yes.)

I'm getting hyped. Course right now my PS4 is the Blood Bowl 2 and Bloodborne system https://youtu.be/PXBBGjUjy2c but soon it will be the weeb robot game system. :neckbeard:

(Yes I did buy Assault Suits Leynos for it, surprising nobody.)

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
They are kind of like the Mastery Points in AG. It is more a HEY LETS GO TO GAMEFAQS BECAUSE I AINT GOT TIME TO FIGURE THIS OUT ON MY OWN thing.

A reminder of the days of Sierra adventure games and their bullshit puzzles. Except these things are optional but in games for us dorks who simply want them all because they are there goddamnit. :doom:

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
I almost always listen to podcasts when gaming so legit music isn't that big a concern for me. I could understand people wanting the legit music though. (I always turn subtitles on in games as well. So I can read whatever is being babbled on about.)

And in SRW's case only like a third of the music I am familiar with even as a robot dork anyhow so even the HEY ITS THING I REMEMBER deal only helps so much. poo poo, when some stuff has the back half theme change I get cranky because it ain't familiar anymore.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Samurai Sanders posted:

I suppose someone could put Battlestar Galactica music over Yamato and it would fit pretty well.

gently caress that even if it's a good choice. I'll probably just go with podcasts but if I do music it's gonna be GWAR, Bolt Thrower, Sabaton, and Austrian Death Machine. With the Wu Tang for Yamato stuffs. Dirt McGirt with the dirtiest Wave Motion Gun! Shame on a Gamelon who puts blame on a Gamelon.

Sabaton's Night Witches kicks rear end as does Bolt Thrower's World Eater. Austrian Death Machines Get to the Choppa works pretty much for any escape mission.

GWAR has DEATH POD which owns and also Sick of You for any recurring Jerid type who keeps coming back no matter how many times you kill him. Their Onion cover / tribute to the fallen would work pretty great for any heroic death stuff. Not sure where SADDAM A GOGO would fit in though.... Aren't the Full Metal Panic people in this? They are kinda terroristy ish kinda but not really. Some of their more effed up songs for the Eva gang.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
Don't worry about the songs when you can put this in your custom playlist: http://gundampilotssmokingweed.tumblr.com/post/62139935571/we-have-more-incredibly-fresh-beats-were-those

Y'all welcome.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

ImpAtom posted:

Gaogaigar isn't even the best Brave series. :colbert:

(That is Da Garn.)

I will CUT. YOU.

Never forget that bravery and courage will turn a 0 % chance of victory into 100.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
I want Big Bang Punch combined with Goldion Crusher being shot off the Ideon.

With Gurren Lagann as the Ideon's equivalent of the Jet Scrander. And the Ideon itself is piloted by Chirico Cuvie, Bobby from Macross Frontier, and Gai Shishio. (If Bobby isn't available Sanger Zonvolt would work. )

Everything will die everybody else can go hang out on the carrier THEY HAVE THIS.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
I'm debating ordering now or just waiting till my tax refund comes in and trying to finish Wolfenstein the Old Blood first.

https://youtu.be/MfB2GPHCx8Y even if the siren songs of GIANT ROBOT GAME I BOUGHT THIS drat PS4 FOR call to me to preorder like a little consumer whore nerdo that I am.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
I nearly preordered from Play Asia but 20 dollar shipping is :psyduck: as gently caress. And y'all said free shipping is a very very bad idea. Now I just don't know what to do. :smith:

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

ImpAtom posted:

Get the digital version.

Physical Copy dawg. I am a collector. I am hard pressed to even spend 5 bucks on a digital game but give me 15-20 dollar physicals and I am like that scene where they find the bricks of weed in Half Baked.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
I'll probably do the cheap poo poo shipping long as I'll get it. I have enough games to last me until the heat death of the Universe already so I can wait 2-4 weeks. Maybe I can get through Shovel Knight and Vermintide before then?

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
Yeah ill do cheap ship. Just got Divinity Original Sin for 9 bux new so i can endure the wait. And have Skill Point related objectives written up for me. :getin:

Only spoilers will be my punishment for being a cheap rear end.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Eternal Volfogg posted:

Can we just take a moment to talk about how loving awesome everything Might Gaine is in this game? I wish we would see Brave series more often.

I'd be up for more of that mecha subgroup of shows. I'm not quite sure some of the more kid friendly ones would fit but I do love the non combined form of Gosaurer I think? The one that's original form is comprised of 3 kickass looking robot dinosaurs piloted by small kids that forms a kind of lovely super robot but hot drat do the individual dinosaurs rock.

Basically give us all the robots. Machine Robo, Transformers, Dougram.... ALL OF THEM GODDAMNIT. Maybe not all in one game mind you but.. If the show isn't creepy poo poo (or Banpresto can decreepy for the games) :getin: .

Course TakaraTomy and Bandai are probably too competitory to make it a common occurrence even if Kobo seems to make all the SRW Originals kits... Japan IP laws and crossover products are one heck of a weird situation...

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Inferno-sama posted:

Must...bear with it... Need...to complete...scenario chart... Must...not...make all of them suicide into every single enemy because THEY ARE ALL HORRIBLE PEOPLE!

So it's Seinfeld or Always Sunny in Philadelphia only with anime chicks in mecha?

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

AKB0048, Xenoglossia, Symphogear, and Delta.

Dispatch nothing but idols all day every day.

Crossover with Hasbro IPs so Jem and the Wondercolts can also use magic song attacks. Except one of them is basically the Steve Miller Band emblem and thus it's the best one.

Also because I want the final boss to be Nightmare Tiacron. A mixture of DnD Tiamat, Nightmare Moon, and Unicron. Bonus points if Serpent OR is it's herald. With Raistlin Majere as his Head/Powermaster.

Basically I want a Hasbro IP crossover SRW type game. The current IDW comics are merely a logical half IPs version of it. But no Inhumanoids, Visionaries, MLP, DnD, Magic, and god knows what else Hasbro has bought up over the years that they probably don't even know they own. Plus with Takara Tomy there is extra poo poo like Zoids, Blokman (aka Robotech Robolinks), Starriors, non TF Microman and Diaclones...

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
My copy showed up today thanks to the miracle of free shipping. Already completed through Black Getter and Great Mazinger introduction mission. I'm liking it even with the new names for every loving thing which will take some getting used to. I've gotten all the SPs so far. And I've sort of spammed Facebook with every cool screenshot or thing happening I can reasonably get. Someone asked me if it was an RTS. I had the urge to rage about that but I didn't. I'll probably bounce between it and Divinity Original Sin just to keep my brainmeats remembering what's going on in each. It was only like 9 bucks while V was 60 but...

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
They are gonna make a kit of our main's Robot right? It's cool and I kinda want one. Plus love the description being that it's more like a gun with legs than a robot with guns. Even if the pilot needs to put more clothes on. I was sharing images of the game on FB last night and a friend commented on her tie. I responded I'm surprised they decided to actually hide some cleavage because of it. Baby steps for Japan dork media I guess. Baby steps.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
I like her character so far but her outfit is god awful. I renamed her and all of course but that outfit is just FF 10 and 12 levels of stupid in all aspects. Fan servicey and ridiculous.

But I mean they have made lots of SRW kits. I even have the big rear end Alteisen which was like 500 goddamned parts or something. I've got it sitting next to THE HEADMASTER PARTY WAGON waiting for a dusting and fixing the head which has led crap in it to annoy me like it's some kind of 1/60 Wing Zero or something..

I can hope a cool black robot with tons of guns n missiles gets a kit can't i? Especially if this one sells well given now more than just one island nation with a low birthrate can actually read and play it effectively. (And why I bought a PS4. Bloodborne and Until Dawn were other must gets. Physical copies of PC games that would otherwise be digital only is another kickass bonus.)

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
I just gave Female Main the 2 range heal skill. She is already a right bastard to hit. So now she can support attack, heal, and just generally be a Gamellon wrecking pain. :getin:

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
I came up with one guaranteed to never happen ever:

http://wargamedork.blogspot.com/2011/04/potential-mekton-2-campaign.html?m=1

But I think it would have owned as the tabletop campaign it was meant to be.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Schwarzwald posted:

Would Mr. Ral be L sized?

No but Sei's mom is. Also proving that Sei's dad is a loving moron.

Also a BF SRW could be rad. Just hordes of geeky kids and adults making rad rear end customs from all their favorite robot shows. :3: BF but not just Gundams! Except shenanigans occur and like everyone has to stop an Impact caused by Plavsky particles.

Captain Rufus fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Mar 11, 2017

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
I will share a short video to illuminate us and keep this thread from getting as stupid, hateful, and spergy as the Retrogame threads get: https://youtu.be/0la5DBtOVNI

Know that to be true and let it guide you to Valhalla shiny and chrome. Bonus points if Lenneth from Valkyrie Profile takes you there. :3:

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Pureauthor posted:

V is incredibly easy even by SRW standards, especially if you upgrade your units. The ability to cast spirits during the enemy phase plus Foresee, which is an Alert that can be cast on allies, basically means that you need to be asleep at the wheel to ever actually lose a unit.

Well it's easy if you ignore SP requirements. I'm in 14-15 and one of the FMP dudes has died in both missions I've had him in. The AI targets him and 20-30% to hits and he still gets rocked.

Since SP reqs are basically PLAY STUPID rules. Units you would otherwise Evade or Defend with now you roll the dice just to make sure poo poo gets DONE or burn Spirit you normally wouldn't. Plus instead of getting into cover and forming defenses or like getting FMP dudes lined up for their Team Up attack or Support links everyone in your squads thinks they are a Khorne Berserker from Warhammer 40k and goes charging out like a maniac. I guess it's not as bad if you only use units you like and let everyone else stay on ship but after FF6(3) on the SNES I have an aversion to ever not letting people earn levels and upgrade their equipment.

And now you can't fail grind and still get the SPs like what was basically a requirement in AG so it ain't entirely babby's first SRW.
To be sure it's not XCom Terror From the Deep though. And V is friendly as gently caress. Need a team assist spirit? It lets you see who has what and cast it without switching dudes and menus. Fast speeding of animations? Compared to 3 and F this game is like WE HAVE FIXED EVERY ISSUE YOU HAVE WITH OUR GAME. (Except the having too many dudes bit. But that's more my personal issues I mentioned.)

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
I think my slow speed playing the game has had a benefit. I get the early 30s mission where I need to own Jerid and the Black Unicorn. GundamOfficial puts up first 5 episodes of Zeta in hd. I've yet to see Zeta because price and missing one of the cheaper but less liked movies. It was nigh perfect timing.

I'm enjoying the game but the SPs are sometimes a joy drain. I have to play stupid to get them which to be sure is anime but my strategy gamer mind (one who isn't a number cruncher type and can find leet sploits as the kids used to say) haaates not keeping units in cover or taking out enemies with focus fire or always getting big kills with Bless or Fortune or the higher grade versions.

That and too many drat characters. Like they could rip Seed and 00 out of the game and nothing would be lost. Cross Ange as well. Honestly half the Supers too but game wise not so much. (Daitarn and Zambot should always stick together for Max cheese.)

Like the story I can barely follow since I haven't seen most of them and in some cases only the show and not the movie. Or just a couple pages of manga.

It's a fun game and even the SPs are less puzzle than many Advance Wars maps seemed to be. And waaay less brutal than the Slitherine NOT PANZER GENERAL games. 40k Armageddon is downright evil. And all of those titles have multi mission death spirals to a degree that would make Sierra blush.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
I think every SRW should have the option to have Simon the Digger from Gurren Lagann, Gai Shishio from GaoGaiGar, and Kamille Bidan from Zeta Gundam pilot the Ideon.

And you just immediately win the game. Nothing could possibly stand up to those three in one of the most stupidly overpowered robots ever. And their skills, talents, and mindsets would pretty much keep the Ideon from resetting reality. (If Kamille was replaced by Koji Kabuto from Mazinger it is iffy what would happen. You lose empathy and get a more heroic and badass type but emphasis on the rear end part. God? Devil? Homeslice is BOTH.)

Like nobody could beat them in that thing unless they did something like turn Haruhi Suzumia into knowing she is God (if she actually is and not the narrator), having her go full douchebag, and like posessing Unicron from Transformers or stealing the Gunbuster (Or having the entire SOS Brigade controlling the SDF Macross..) or something to match it.

(GaoGaiGar is the best because courage and bravery turn a 1 percent chance of victory to 100! No matter how much the other side cheats and hacks reality.)

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
Well I guess my long range sniper cheese from V isn't happening again. No FMP and Eva long range bullshit with multiple move and fire murder hits.

But I may be able to have King Kittan and goddamn Kieth Courage own face.

It'll do pig. It'll do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Race Realists posted:

Greyson? He seems the most like a sane Gundam character trapped in a lovely Sci-Fi world

Rhonda Snord. Basically she takes after her dad and would thus be the best mecha protagonist. Just trolling everyone, looting cool old stuff, playing Elvis over her robot speakers.

Or pretty much any Warhammer 40k ork with a Gargant. They are all basically Green Gokus whose technology mostly works because they think it does.

• Locked thread