Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I just installed this on nox for when I have too much free time, though I can not seem to install on my phone. I get disconnected from the server during the initial download at 14/18 files.

In as SacSquid, I sent out some friend requests already but feel free to friend me if I missed you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I kind of feel like I hit a wall in this game and am not getting anything done, so maybe I am missing something. In order to finish my last tutorial quest and get those sweet rewards I need to unlock a slot on a hero, but I need a 6* hero for unlocking, and I don't see a 6* hero anywhere on the horizon. I only have the one 5 star hero from having a friend gift it, and I cant seem to get a 4 star element to promote another hero to 5 stars. Am I already meant to be mashing 4*+5 heroes together? I don't feel like I have anywhere near the resources to do that.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I saw the free unlocker, but I still need a 6* to use it on right? I think I picked a 5 star fire element from my quest selector when my only 5 star is a support unit, I wasn't thinking about promoting her to 6 stars since she really loving sucks.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Ok, I already grabbed Shane with my first 4 star selector, and I already have one 3 star fire element. To rank it up does it need to be max level and max powered up? do both 3 star fire elements need to be?

Also, what do the rice bean cakes do?

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Today's travel event was kind to me, I hit both the 4* element and the 6* hero spot, and my 6* hero was black rose. The element was water, which gave me my second 4* water, so my question is do I combine the two waters and use them on either Yuri or Ariel, my two five star mages, or should I promote 2 of my 4 star mages up to 5 stars, or save them, or some combination. My 4 star selection includes 1 Velika, 2 Espadas, and 3 Da Qiaos. My only other 6 stars atm are Velika and Shane, and my only really good 5* is Eileene.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
A heads up on selecting Dellons, you get a free Karma if you spend 1250 rubies on 10+1 hero summons. I know those aren't normally a good deal but since there is alot of overlap between Karma and Dellons, 1250 rubies seems like a good deal. Of course, having both for raid teams might be beneficial anyways.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I got counter chance, not really bis for any heroes I use. Should I use it on whoever since I don't have any accessories yet, and just unequip it when I get better?

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Once per month per hero, I have done a selective on Asura and can still do any of the others.
It can not be said enough how good it is to be able to buy Karma for 1280 ruppies, he is an arena god, and will be strong in many other modes. Plus you get 55 other random units to mash together.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I got a 30% chance to blind on basic attack, how does this stack with Rin's passive blind on basic attacks?

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
In raids she can help build a 2nd team, espada as main dps, rin,karma, karon, would make the foundation of a top notch team.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

rabidsquid posted:

I actually wasnt completely paying attention to my Karma draws and I don't know if I got lucky on my fifth draw and got a Karma and I still have a free one coming or if did six draws and got the free one. Wasting 250 rubies isnt that big of a deal i guess but i've been too sick to farm rubies lately

Once you draw a Karma, there is no more guaranteed one left to draw. IE if you draw a karma on your 34th pull, it removed the one that would have shown up as your 51st.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Some of the more experienced players may come along and give better advice than me, but I started about 6 weeks ago and I remember being in the exact same position you are in now and the advice I got from posters on here really helped me progress.

I think the most important mode for newish players is the raid, the weapons/armor there are critical, and you have the right foundation for a decent raid team. Start by finishing powering up Shane to +5, and try to transcend her to 40 as a priority, but ideally use dupes of her to do it rather than transcenders. It helps to save transcenders for Magic/Universal types since those are the highest demand, which means using up the most elementals. Karma and Eileen are solid units to support shane, so work on getting them both to 6*+5. Karma is also an allstar in almost all game modes. You will also need to take your Karon to 6*+5 for her anti stun passive, which is key vs the dragon. The last spot on your raid team needs to be a unit that helps your survivability, Velika will do this by reducing magic damage, but Espada is a better unit that does the same thing. Evan or Rudy also fit in here, but for now Velika is your best unit to put in here.

Karma, Black Rose, and Yu Shin make for a solid base of a pvp team. If you have not picked up your 12th day of birthday cake rewards, consider grabbing rin from that when it rolls around and adding her. Velika could fill the final spot for now.
Castle rush and Daily elementals are both important modes to improve in, but that will happen more over time, and also after you have picked up Ace, as he is a key for these modes. For now just keep doing what you can for the rewards.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
It is the source of the selector that determines if it counts for the puzzle or not. I am guessing you used the selector from the anniversary log in event, and most special events like this don't count. only the regular login, celestial tower and quest reward selectors count towards the puzzle.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

Are you loving kidding me? They really need to get it straight. Oh well at least I am going to finish the Ace puzzle and get my ace to 32 so that's a plus.

It turns out that the 5 star from the anniversary check-in was supposed to work for the puzzle, and this 4 star selector was their way of making things right. They are going to make sure all selectors from check-in events count for the puzzle going forward.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I am building towards similar teams except I am using Shane since I don't have Dellons and I swap Spike and Karon for Lucy and Sieg. The reason for the swap is that spike, Espada, and Karma already block, so Lucy's passive goes further on the other team. Also, since I am still using Shane the crit from Spike is better for the other team, and probably most important is that Velika is the weak link in both teams, and I think pairing her with Lucy gives her the best survivability.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
He is talking about his regular 28 day 7k selector, tonight will also happen to be mine. I am torn between taking spike to 32 or picking up rachel.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Tomorrows patch notes are out, sadly there doesn't look to be any more cool free stuff given out, but there are some more sweet new costumes, and there is a new hero who looks supremely badass. He is 1 part Karma, 1 part Ace and if his stats are the same as the Korean version, 1 part Rin, all as a regular hero. A very pvp/world boss orientated hero, but an awesome one.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
imo, take him to 6* and save him until you finish the LuBu puzzle, and then mash them both for a random 4lord from synthesis. I am not sure if Karma is in this pool, but even a chance at just Rin is probably the best use for both these guys.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I finally got Pascal today from a random fusion(and back to back full raid gear rewards from raids, so lucky night) and I am not sure how to gear him. I feel like even with double HP his survivability after his VS drops is limited, but I am not sure if he makes a great candidate for counter armor, or If i should do hp/block, and a block gem to try to give him some post vs survivability.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
They did fix it, it was only the first weekend that was bugged. I do most of my farming on 7-10 hard, which is really easy with Karma and Ace, and I always have more 2 and 3 star fodder than I know what to do with, even on weekdays when the hot time is for gold.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
We can speed up the castle upgrades via donating gold if we have a surplus of points to start more.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I am sitting on about 8 million gold with no spare shards to awaken anything., tons of my gear is at +5 just waiting on shards.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
There were some cryptic hints posted recently that indicated we might be getting the DMC collab soon, so people may want to save up their rubies in case there is another Jam tucked away in there.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Thanks for the heads up, still 3 hours to change so I am not going in with just 1 duder, even if those restrictions gut my roster.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
There are a few different possible raid compositions, the one I am working towards is FY, BJ, Espada, Karma, and Karon.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I pulled a 27 speed orb the other day, was very happy since I am trying to gear up both BJ and FY at once. The random raid drops are actually somewhat common, I pull one almost every day by doing only 51+ raids.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
There are a few things to consider regarding offensive stats, the most important is actually game mode you are using the hero for. For PvP you always want speed, no matter what hero, baring some crazy exception. For raiding you almost always want speed, but there are just a few hero's that benefit more from crit/lethal than speed. For farming you want crit or lethal. Sera is a somewhat awkward hero in that she does not have a single node that she dominates in, but she is useful in many mods, so it kind of depends on how you plan to use her. Consider that her fixed damage does not benefit from crit/lethal, and that her most popular use is going to be against world bosses, and speed seems the most useful candidate.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Isn't that just participating in a world boss on a day it hits the daily quota? That doesn't seem to bad. I am a little more concerned about the 7 floors of ToA, the 15th floor can be a bitch.

I do love all these events though, Yesterday I didn't have a Feng Yan, and now I have a level 38 gold FY.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
For ToA when you use a hero, they are locked out for three days, not the whole season. Ideally you for three strong teams to alternate between. The first 10 floors of the tower are trivial anyways, any semi decent damage dealer will one shot everything. If you have done no ToA this season you could do all 7 for the quest right away. If you are current on the Tower, you have to clear floor 15 which can take a decent team, but isn't super hard.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I blow through 2400 every other week with 32 karma 36 rin, 40 pascal 40 gip 32 spike. 3k is a different beast, I think i had around 40% win rate last week when I started in there. Spike Karma and Rin are gold, awakened but not +5 geared.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
The unlock dungeon is a permanent new feature, it is only the free Leah that has a time limit. The dungeon also only unlocks for one run every 1000 points, so it is not much of an event, but at least you get common awakening shards from it. One whole shard.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I wasn't complaining about the quality of loot, except the whole 1 common shard, just pointing out that the dungeon is not something people will be doing regularly, more likely once every week or two, and that would make for a lovely time limited event.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

I've hit a wall in the Tower of Abyss on floor 15. My heroes are all pretty decently powered, transcended to 36 or higher, good to great gear. I've got to get through a team of Lee Jung, Lucy, Guan Yu, Rudy and Pascal but everything I've thrown at them just bounces off. Between the five of them there's an insane amount of defense, block, debuff and 5 target AoE immunity.

Any suggestions for team composition? Any weaknesses there I can exploit?

I fought fire with fire for this round, with a super tanky composition of A.E. and Espada in front, and Lucy Karma and May in back. I probably would have put Lucy up front and Espada in the back but Lucy is only half geared, if that.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Leveling random dudes to 30 is how you make about 80% of your ingame premium currency, so if you skip out on doing this you will either have to spend a whole lot of money or you will find the rate at which you get premium stuff like masteries and special heroes will be terrible.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
They also changed the guild buff from the inn to be selectable, but it looks like the leader has to choose it first before the rest of us can benefit.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
According to redit this is only a visual bug, and they give the normal 100% when used.

Would it be possible for you to make some people officers now that we need them to give out the guild buff before anyone else can get it each day?

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Something you did worked, The buff is up now.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Awakened Klahan is currently the strongest farm unit in the game, he can solo 7-9 and do it quickly, with no deaths. Helenia just happens to work for a few levels because she has a taunt and a 5 target ae, but she is very slow for farming. Her awakened form is likely up soonish, and could be very strong though.

As for Teo and his place in the arena meta, his strength is against tank units, which are popular and we have been getting a lot of lstely, but his weakness is agains dispelled units which we have also been getting a lot of and are even more popular than tank units. He will likely be seen slightly more in arena just because everyone just got a free copy, but he isn't going to be meta changing.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
One of the skill bugs was fixed in this most recent hot patch, where if you did not have auto skill on, your opponent always got to attack before you used a skill. This was most detrimental in auto farming stages where you use the skill queue instead of auto skill, or if you had auto skill off for the awakening stages or the dragon. The other bug, or maybe it is intentional, is that auto attacks are taking priority over double skill use, so you cant get extra turns from speed/counter attacks in raids and cr. There is no word on this from Netmarbu.

Since the first bug is fixed, Awakened Klahan can solo farm hard 7-9, 4 fodder for 7 keys with zero chance of death.

In a happier note, I logged in tonight to get a random Lu Bu from the daily 3-6, and a Kris from my CR box. Kris was the third special unit I have gotten from CR in the past 10 days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
The trash was an actual threat, but once you handled that it wasn't much harder than normal CR, you just loose a turn or two on the trash. Of course the skill bug isn't helping with those faster turns. I do wish I had jam though, BJ was the week link in my lineup, but he is 40 and well geared so there isn't much I can do to upgrade him.

• Locked thread