Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
There was a 2D indie Pokemon fighting game called Pokemon Type Wild that used Breloom like this.

Example, I couldn't find a video without commentary.

EDIT: Found one without commentary. They use the player 2 color, which is not the shiny color for Breloom, but it should be.

PSWII60 fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Sep 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

gen 7 should give breloom dragon dance

I would imagine kangaroo are terrible dancers.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

So were they walking normally until they got to the top of the stairs or something, then the 2 on the left wanted cool swagger walks as well. But they wanted different walks then the others so they made the best of it? Or hell all of them had this great idea of trying to walk out cool when they got to the top of the stairs, but hosed it up?

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Space T Rex posted:

news when?!??!

Right now. The news is that Landorus-t is good but not cool.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Magnezone, Gastrodon, and Dragalge (on special side) could work too.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

So was she actually legit part of team flare and that reveal was cut, or is it just a popular fan theory that fits in the game? I'd love if some of the elite 4 were involved in stuff like the gym leaders in gen 5.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

I was wondering where that "Goons practicing screwing" thread title came from. In Sun and Moon I think what I want most besides the IV training is for mythicals and legendaries to automatically have max IVs. That way I don't end up with stupid stuff like a timid Keldeo with 26/27/31/31/31/2. My game really seems to hate dropping one of those free 31's into speed

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Practicing screwing doesn't look so stupid now, does it?!

Repeat after me, "Lefty loosy, righty tighty." There, you're golden.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

oddium posted:

is there anything beyond 50 super singles maison wins or can i stop here

There's 50 in the other types, but nothing past 50 in any of them save for some berries at 100 and 200 wins in any.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Blhue posted:

congrats and also condolences

Death Magnetic wasn't that bad right? Or St. Anger?

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Wait, do these event Pokemon work in ORAS as well as X/Y? As in can I download the mystery gifts in X and Y and double up on them?

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Really hoping this new ability does not end up replacing Protean on Greninja.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Gen 3 was the reason I stopped playing for a while. I don't thin the games were bad. The mechanics got way too complicated for me at that age as far as the IV and EV system went plus natures. There was no good explanation at the time that I could find and I really didn't like that I could end up with a pokemon that was crap from the moment I caught it. So I stopped playing.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

notoriousman posted:

Could be more like the Torchic with Blazikenite mystery gift they did for the first month or two of X/Y's release

I was more hoping for something like Toys R Us's plush Charizard for ORAS preorders.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Blaze Dragon posted:

No, that's just an event running very early in the game's life. It's the same as the Blazikenite Torchic for XY, in that and in likely being a preview of the next game in the series (the next remake, rather, for both cases).

Banking on another Gen 1 remake to capitalize on any nostalgia brought up from Pokemon Go.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

DVs could be maxed in every stat, so there was no worry about getting the wrong spread

Yeah, that was pretty much my reasoning. What I knew of Gen 1 & 2 was the more you use a Pokemon the stronger it gets to a point. Then I started 3 and everything that I thought had bad natures and bad IVs. So to me I just got a whole bunch of stuff that was crappy from the start and I didn't really care about competitive stuff so I didn't want to put the time in to do any more than dicking around and fighting against my friends. The new system just seem significantly more complicated then the old to me at the time. And while yes it is more complicated it's not so much more complicated than you can't understand it. However it is significantly more complicated than I really cared about Pokemon at the time.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

So I hatched a shiny Adamant Trevenant and I'm having some difficulty figuring out how to EV him. Smogon recommends a banded set but it helps with Harvest rather than Natural Cure so I'd rather do something that gives him a berry preferably Sitrus or Lum I would guess since reusable. I guess I could do a trick room set but if it doesn't have a - speed nature would that make his speed to high to be usable in trick room?

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Chill Penguin posted:

Leech Seed, Will o Wisp, Shadow Force, Protect. Curse instead of WoW maybe

So like max Att and HP then?

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Talonflame is definitely not cooler than Volcarona also if you still need help later tonight I should be able to trade you whatever you need Kawabata.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Neo_Crimson posted:

Sometimes the ideal hatching route (usually a looong straightaway) isn't close to the daycare.

In X/Y it was biking around the Eiffel Lumoise Tower. Fly is also just a good utility move to have.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Calaveron posted:

So which of the starters are you guys picking, Litten or Rowlett

Rowlett, it's just too adorable. Shame they don't have a water starter this Gen. It's like when they did Gen 5 and the water starter just didn't have a 3rd evolution and stopped at stage 2. Really weird.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I haven't actually tried, can you still poke the map with a stylus to fly without an actual flier in your party because gently caress the eon flute if not

You need a flyer to the poke map method. Making it the far superior option.

And I hate Poppilo because I think the clown motif looks stupid on it. As far as the final evos are concerned (if the likely leak is indeed true) Then I like Popillo's 3rd evo the best, and Litten's least. I think the beauty queen Selkie is an awesome idea. Archer owl is ok, but it looses the ridiculous awesomeness that Rowlett has. Litten as a wrestler just looks dumb.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Just fought a trainer on Battle Spot named Joe Biden. I want to believe.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Also Archeops and the best pretty lady, Mega Diance.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Trying to make a new doubles team. So far I'm intending on using Mega Diancie for offence, Volcarona for offence with redirection, Suicune and Latias for Tailwind support. I'm not sure what else would be good to use. Any suggestions? Maybe Bisharp?

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

I just got mine too. What kind of nature should I be soft resetting for on this guy? Modest I'm guessing?

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It took forever, but I finally have all 721 Pokemon. :dance:

That or Timid.

For tying with +Speed Metagross, Bisharp, and Breloom?

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

I can't believe every pokemon is part fighting now.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Why do the worst starters have the coolest fanart.:(

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Countblanc posted:

i havent seen any meganium fanart posted

And why the hell not? We already have the worst designed ones so why not the least useful?

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Reinanigans posted:

I love Typhlosion, but I'll give you that Feraligatr is more popular, and we already covered Delphox, but there's no way Blaziken and Emboar aren't the best of their generations, though for Emboar, it's not like there's any competition.

You're quite right on Emboar, but it's hard for Blaziken to be the best in a generation where Swampert exists.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

I know I want a Mimiku, a Sandlit, probably Vikavolt and ghost sandcastle too.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Seems I should sell my White 2 at some point then. Haven't played it since X/Y came out. I was just keeping it to get deerling forms. Still need spring and fall.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

oddium posted:

you can just change the dates hoss

I legitimately forgot about that. Thanks.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

There's all the deerling forms. Now I need to check Shellos and Flabebe to make sure I have all their forms. Any I'm not thinking about that would otherwise be unobtainable? Like gender differences wouldn't count.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

I have the Vivillons, thanks for the Wormadam tip.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

cancerianmoth posted:

oh and Spinda. All those spinda. haha. Oh Basculin. Comes in red and blue.

Argh, I forgot about Basculin. Not gonna worry about Wormadam since you can't pass down the different forms through breeding.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

If it is dark and poison it at least makes it a fairly good defensive combo.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Alxprit posted:

That's been a feature for a while, but this is the first time they really tell you in-game how to actually access it. Which is, yeah, they should do that.

I thought they told you about it in Gen 5 somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

PSA on page 227 everyone is expected to post as the alolan forms of themselves

Ayy mon. I be da Alolan PSWII60. I'm da offen-sive ice/ghost type wit high speed and special attack.