Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Zore posted:

Its especially dumb because Fletchling is legit a fantastic pokemon name, and Fletchinder is passable as mid-evo name.

Talonflame is just the epitome of :effort:

Like I can imagine the scene with the translators

"gently caress, we already used up the good fire/bird puns we've thought up and this needs to be finalized tomorrow. Barry hit me with something!"

"Talon...flame??"

"...gently caress it, I don't care anymore, its going in."

Charizard's jp name is Lizardon and Talonflame's is Farron

not much better

Edit: Fiarrow not Farron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

Talonflame is a cool name for a cool Pokemon

Agreed

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

My sole caught shiny is a level 2 female bidoof

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

He's well on his way to a full reshiram team with Black/White 2/OR though.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

White 2's post game is awesome. I'm on area 10 of the white treehollow then I think I'll be ready for the E4 refights. It's cool that my Pokémon are level 70+ and there are enemy trainers that match and even exceed my levels. The PWT is great too.

I do wish that I knew someone with black 2 so that I could play hard mode and whatever black city is though

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

TWIST FIST posted:

lol is that supposed to be the titanic

i have to know what they named it

Titanice

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It's really named Titanice

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

GlitchThief posted:

You would not believe the frequency with which I go to the pokemon center to avoid using medicine.

Just buy lemonade and moomoo milks dude

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I really like the new team skull guy's theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR1ssSZfoGY&t=136s

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Benach posted:

New short japanese trailer (yes, another one). Has very quick shots of a lot of things. Not much new, but there is a shot of the menu when selecting the Z-Move and a shot of selecting a Poke-HM.

dress up confirmed

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Because it's fanart

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Both.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Wartortle is also evolved.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Or defog or rock climb

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Wimpod.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Looking at the regional Pokédex and this is yet another game where I get to use a Krookodile. Yesss

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

oddium posted:

skill link for woodpecker clam and stag beetle: yes

toucan....: no....

Skill link for chinchilla: yes yes yes yes yes.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Cory Parsnipson posted:

Uh, not sure if this is the right place, but I got an extra promo code (North America) for the 20th anniversary Genesect event that's going on for Pokemon X/Y/ORAS if anyone wants it:

A5Z5-EYPU-2F3Z-K893

I took it, thanks.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Toastymcfly posted:

So the real question is: I just pre-downloaded the game, when can I actually play it? Wednesday at midnight or actually on Thursday? Also as a ghost Pokemon fanatic, this gen is easily the best. So many great ghosts. I might have to just do an all ghost first run.

It comes out on Friday and will probably be out at midnight.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Amazon has started shipping...My double-pack is on the way.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

Why does anybody buy physical copies in 2016

For Pokémon specifically, I was locked out of my main Y save because I decided to make a new save on a different SD card for a nuzlocke. Couldn't even open the save in Pokémon Bank.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Zotix posted:

3ds is like $200 still huh? I think I threw my old one away. Any chance that it drops a bit next Friday?

There's a deal for 100 dollar new 3ds's this black Friday. I don't have the link but that's easily to google.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

alarumklok posted:

I gave Rowlet an everstone because owls with bowties are my spirit animal

I dumped dartrix in the box and am now using alolan grimer instead.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

How late game is the waterfall tm? My wimpod is going to evolve soon.

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Nov 21, 2016

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Can you unlock more songs for online battles? I only have 3 right now.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Calaveron posted:

I think nobody would complain if gamefreak quietly and permanently removed wingull, tentacool and zubat permanently from future games

my Crobat would complain

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Blaziken386 posted:

If anyone wants, I've got 3 Modest Abra. They've all got inner focus, though, so you'll have to breed 'em with a ditto and an everstone to get one with synchronize, but it's probably faster than just hoping you get lucky when breeding/catching for natures.

Yes please, if you still have one.

1950-7970-5908

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Blaziken386 posted:

I am all here for Mimikyu also being a complete monster.

'Kay. It'll have to wait 'til I find a pichu, but my FC is 1263-6844-1789, name is Allison.

I have a few pichu. I'll be online. If you have a male abra with modest that would be nice.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Blaziken386 posted:

I doubt you have a shiny one, and that's what I'm chaining for. All the abras are male.

alright, I won't bother getting online yet then

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Blaziken386 posted:

Around oh.... 80? 80 loving pichus or so? I sent out my primarina because I ran out of PP on my last pokemon, and used Sparkling Aria. :suicide:
WHY DO I ALWAYS loving FORGET THAT MOVE HITS THE ENTIRE FIELD.

*ahem*
Anyways! Eagle, if you're still online, I can send you that Abra now.

Just logged online. I have a bunch of synchronize abras and multiples of timid and adamant if you need either of those.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Thanks. Time to go catch Lunala now.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Blaziken386 posted:

Remember, like I said, it doesn't have synchronize, so you have to breed that nature down to another abra via a ditto and an everstone.

Yeah the breeding chain continued for a bit. Just got my synchronize one.

Note Block posted:

Oh, I could use an Adamant (and Timid) Abra if you have any extra, please! I can trade Jolly, Modest, Timid Dittos. I also have a spare male Modest Syncronize Kadabra.

edit:

5129-2001-9949
I'm R*O*C*K*S / Athena

Sure you can have an Adamant one. I only have one Timid right now though. A modest ditto would be cool.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Note Block posted:

Wahoo! Let me know what you'd like in return.

Modest ditto. I'll be on in 2 minutes.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm online now.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Dr. Fetus posted:

Hidden Abilities are the only ones that get passed down through breeding. Even then, it's only a chance. Regular abilities never get passed down, the ability the baby will have can't be influenced in any way.

The mother's ability has an 80% chance of being passed down. If a male has a hidden ability and is bred with a ditto, that HA has a 20% chance of being passed down.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

chaining does work for shinies! eventually anyway

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Your Computer posted:

Ohhhh! Can you tell me how shiny Sensu style Oricorio looks like (the purple one)? :neckbeard:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

guess this bird is going all the way to level 100 (for bottlecaps)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Just checked and my Lunala's 3 perfect IVs are SpA SpD and Spe. This thing is going to be a monster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Blaziken386 posted:

Is there a move that's like
the opposite of Taunt
that prevents a pokemon from using damaging moves for a while

because I am filled with hatred for this god damned legendary.

Yeah. Spore.