Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Golden Goat posted:

And Conkeldurr and Unfezant look crap compared to Machamp and Pidgeot.

'buff clown' is incredibly more cool than 'goro except grey'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Calaveron posted:

Concrete has rebar in it

this is even dumber than lucario being fighting/steel

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Calaveron posted:

You have offended me and I promise you we will settle this on the ring of honor once sm comes out

i look forward to vgcing w/you

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Dunban posted:

Well, the anime had a good run in Kalos, but nothing lasts forever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvpradB0SQ8

is that a new artstyle for SM or has the anime looked like that for awhile? it looks nice, i like it

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Geostomp posted:

Totodile dances, bites, and sounds like Donald Duck which makes it the best Water starter.

if it dances like a duck and bites like a duck and sounds like a duck...

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i still don't know how i feel about z-moves as a gameplay mechanic but they're doing a good job of making them look extremely cute and cool

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Waffles Inc. posted:

I guess Rugby Monkey 100% confirms terrible awful loving goddamn wrestler cat which is an absolute catastrophe given how good Litten is

wrestler cat has been hella confirmed since we saw that green-haired girl in-game

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Waffles Inc. posted:

it's really really bad OP, the only saving grace will be me naming it after that dude Iori from King of Fighters since he looks just like him

idk how you make this comparison and still think he's bad

iori rules, ioridog rules

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Zore posted:

I think Oranguru's move that has its teammate attack again is going to be a big deal though. Imagine M-Kanga or M-Mence getting 2 attacks per turn. :gonk:

watch it work like sleep talk

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Waffles Inc. posted:

uh :catstare:

The nickname possibilities for Oranguru are endless. You could go with the comic book monkey baddies (Gorilla Grodd, etc), you could go with Planet of the Apes or you could go with Far East Philosopher

but in the end you're just gonna see a billion harambes

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Waffles Inc. posted:

That just seems absolutely incredibly broken doesn't it? Two quakes in one turn? Two dazzling gleams? Two surfs? Yikes

oranguru probably has poo poo speed and a turn using instruct is a turn where it's vulnerable

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

mabels big day posted:

Why can our characters dress up if they're not in France? I don't understand.

our character is from france and teaches the natives this wild new concept of 'wearing different clothes'

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Ka0 posted:

Look at all of these fantastic and exciting new additions that smogon is immediately going to ban because THE METAGAME!

what if i told you there was a cool popular metagame that smogon had no control over.......

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Classtoise posted:

It's novel and it's neat and it'll probably rip like RU tiers apart,

didn't smogon already ban baton passing multiple stat boosts?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Zore posted:

They banned multiple baton passers on one team and passing speed plus anything else. So you can pass speed or attack/sp. Attack/def/sp. Def

oh okay, could've sworn it was multiple speed boosts period but i haven't paid too much attention to gen 6 singles meta

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The term 'degenerate' for thing I don't like is something made popular by weirdo alt right creepers and /pol/ posters usually aimed at People Who Are Not Straight White Dudes.

Don't spread that poo poo.

it's also used not uncommonly when talking about game balance and how it informs the strategies players make for awhile now

don't stop yourself from using a perfectly innocuous word just because some dipshits also use that word

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Waffles Inc. posted:

Can I ask the dumbest question ever: why is there a scene (or scenes) with rules that differ from the official vgc rules? Isn't everyone's goal to win the actual vgc? Aside from just generally loving around I mean

It seems like the Smogon folks have invested a lot of time into their unique rules and tiers but isn't that like my friends and I adding a 4 point line to our pickup basketball games? That's fine in and of itself but the real game sets the real rules

iirc the online simulator scene is older than the official vgc tournies, it makes sense that it wouldn't go away especially when vgc is all about doubles and for better or worse that plays alot differently than the singles that the sim scene had gotten used to

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i have fond memories of being like, 10 and trying(and failing) to understand how the irc chatbot that simulated gsc battles worked

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

StandardVC10 posted:

Guys I'm playing Blue on the Virtual Console and I can't decide whether I want Electrode or Raichu to be my Electric type. I mean I guess Gen I's wonky mechanics let me go crit fishing with Electrode, but using Raichu just seems like the Gen I thing to do, plus I can teach it Submission for some reason.

you'll get an excuse to use raichu in sunmoon

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

What did people expect? "We've spent an entire generation creating mega evolutions, putting them in the spotlight and featuring them heavily in side games like Pokken as well on the Anime, let's just abandon them all together."

Megas Rule. I'm glad they're staying so I can continue to pet my Mega-Ampharos and his perfect Glam-Rock hair.

i was confident that they'd still be around but we've been learning about this game for months and this is the first confirmation we've had that megas are still in, i can't blame people for getting skeptical

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Senerio posted:

Wonder trade successful.

wonder trading adds ten pounds

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

QuasiQuack posted:

I can't wait to force my pokemon into unpaid labor in the pelago coal mines

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Calaveron posted:

Popplio and its evos are going to a place I can't follow

it's a seal that slowly turns into a selkie

it's cool

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i am ready for my friend rowlett to become the Green Sparrow

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Dexie posted:

The leaks say it's Fire/Dark.

leaks say alot of things

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

torracat is probably torrid + cat with some tora(japanese for tiger) for flavor

also maybe some torch? there's layers here

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

mabels big day posted:

Would anyone object if we just kind of brushed mega stones under the rug and pretend they dont exist for all of competitive gen 7

well vgc 2017 is doing that so all of you mega haters will know where to hang out for at least a year

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i am sad to be denied friends like mega mawile or mega lopunny though

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Improbable Lobster posted:

Monster fusion is the worst gimmick from the dumbest season of digimon.

tamers was the least dumb season, actually

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Decus posted:

The one that came after it was fusion too so they probably meant that.

transformation is different from fusion!!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Kyrosiris posted:

Someone ran with this idea on tumblr and I hope to god it's what Shiny Dartrix looks like:

(source)

after dyable clothes the next step for gen 8 will clearly be dyable pokemon

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i change my mind

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

if there were new megas they wouldn't ban megas in vgc 2017

the dream is dead

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

realtalk we need more western-designed pokemon so we can have a bug/dragon dragonfly

bug/dragon mega yanmega

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Why did I think Dragonite was bigger?

you remembered that episode with bill

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Ruggington posted:

it's nice of mamoswine to be on a team full of losers that he can easily beat up

speaking of which i should post in this thread more

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

type:null responds to friendship by learning to cast off

this is good

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

The SM anime is kinda breaking me apart. It looks great and a very welcome change of pace, but of course people don't like change or children's programming being made for children rather than all-ages. But. Like. On a place I go to people just whine about it and I read someone actually say that they don't like them changing "the formula that has been working for all these years." and. i'm. :psyduck: these are people who've literally seen every episode probably. Like, 942 loving episodes. And they want more??????????? How does someone not get tired of this?? how are people over 15 craving for more of the exact same story in which Ash gets to a place and there's a person having a pokemon-related problem that needs to be solved and Team Rocket is there to make it worse until there's a battle and they're blasting off away??

change is scary, the familiar is comfortable

what are they doing different for S&M anyway? all i know about is the art style

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Senerio posted:

It's set in a school with Headmaster Samson Oak.

oh like, the whole series is about ash at school? i remember seeing a school in the previews and i just assumed it'd be for a 2 or 3 episode intro to alola

if they're actually shaking things up maybe i'll give it a chance