Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Coconut Crab is fantastic and I want a team of them, this gen is so good so far.

Crabrawler is an awful name though, it's something I would have called a fakemon when I was seven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

So Alola Rattatas are dark types and in their description are compared to a crime mob running amok in cities with Alola Raticates being compared to mob bosses.

Yungoos was brought into Alola to deal with a pest pokemon problem, and Gumshoos is literally a detective mongoose.

We've got rodent crime wars going on in Alola :allears:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Know Digimon talk is dead, but this is Yugioh talk, why is he holding a millennium item?

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

There's no way the Aether Foundation isn't evil, with Type: Null and UB-01 there's no way they aren't doing some freaky genetic modification stuff. I hope this means you eventually team up with your boy Guzma to take them down.

Also I want a Type: Null and UB-01 on my team.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Unrelated to the not evil tech team that's totally evil, Faticate is the best and I want one. If he's Moon exclusive that's made my decision final.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

We've got a werewolf, a frankenstein's monster, moon legendary kinda looks like a vampire bat...

I actually hope this is a theme this gen and we get all the cheesy horror monsters.

Team Monster Mash + Boxing Crab

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Kelp Plankton posted:

I could have sworn we've had version-exclusive evolution branches before. i want to say it was a bug pokemon, but i'm having trouble googling up what it was

maybe i'm misremembering

I always thought Dustox/Beautifly where version exclusive evolutions back in the day but nope they're tied to time of day.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Zore posted:

Yeah, its the only other one.

Have a game with 3 different Dragon starters.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

There's too many cool pokemon I actually can't decide on a team this time :gonk:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Waffles Inc. posted:

That just seems absolutely incredibly broken doesn't it? Two quakes in one turn? Two dazzling gleams? Two surfs? Yikes

When you think of it as running two of X pokemon, X being the pokemon you hit with Instruct then yeah it's pretty good. Depends a bit on whether Oranguru has good speed but you could slap a Choice Scarf on him, plus it's very much a one trick pony that gets shut down by Wide Guard.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Sep 20, 2016

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I hate this generation's Pikachu so much, it's the ugliest hedgehog.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

The genies are cool and I'm sad I never caught any of them :(

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

MarquiseMindfang posted:

All Waranmo ever did for me was try and fail to eat bananas. It was the fire breathing cat that hosed me up right good. I miss this game tbh.

Same, it's my favorite game ever and I think I lost my disc of it :(

EDIT: Nevermind found it, guess it's time for a replay :D

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Sep 20, 2016

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

So far my team is Dartrix and four Oricorio.

And then everything else since this generation is full of good friends.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Captain Fargle posted:

I think it's supposed to be a paint spill.

See I thought it was meant to be a Mario Sunshine reference.

Muk is cool and I'm running out of room on my team :ohdear:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

A missed opportunity for the anime not giving Wobuffet a mega evolution.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

jwang posted:

Also, I'm going to name my Jangmo-o Pangolin, because his design reminds me of one.

I'm going to call mine Steve.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Faticate is the best and I want to feed him cake.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Maybe that will mean Lycanroc will get a unique Z-Move as well, or just anything to give its Midnight Form a cooler gimmick than Counter :geno:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I saw the leaks.

Too many wonderful friends.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

In terms of design and pokemon I want on my team, this is the best gen yet by far.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

So can you have Ultra Beasts on your team then?

And is that all the Alolan forms in game then? Would have liked more but if you count them as new pokemon you've got about 100-ish this gen, better than Kalos at least.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Waffles Inc. posted:

i wanted a more cat cat for the first cat starter but instead got a big dumb idiot

anywho, so y'all who were around for the XY leaks, was the leak volume around this level? how much wasn't datamined? has this one been fully datamined now in a way XY wasn't?

The X/Y leak was just someone who got their hands on the game early and just played through it crazy quick to find out everything.

Also I've been wanting a coconut crab pokemon for ages now. I've been wanting a yeti pokemon even longer.

Yeti Crab is everything I could have wanted :swoon:

Also if Ultra Beast can be captured, this gen could potentially be a quarter legendaries.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Oct 18, 2016

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Shneak posted:

Also, Alolan Golem line owns. Know that.

Golem is one of my fave gen one pokemon, and I'm very unsure on its Alolan form.

Its arms got more stubby and it's got facial hair and it's got a weird thing on its back, what happened to you Golem?

fadam posted:

Toucan is rad.

:agreed:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Zore posted:

http://i.4cdn.org/vp/1476781758068.png

Alolan Pokedex for anyone who wants to see in-game mons

Fun notes
1) The gen IV and V fossils are there but no others are. Plus Aerodactyl. We might get them in-game?

2) Butterfree without Beedrill is odd but not unexpected now that Beedrill has a mega.

3) Very, very few Gen VI pokes overall. There's only a few lines represented

4) Porygon is actually in a national dex again!!!

5) also gently caress you wingull i am so goddamn sick of you

Interesting to note pokemon are normally listed in their regional desk by the point you can meet them in game. So Crabrawler can be met pretty early for example but Drampa could be an end game pokemon.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Zore posted:

Also Muk is the best Alolan form by far and I will fight anyone who disagrees. :colbert:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

dungeon cousin posted:

It's pretty obvious Gamefreak really loves the Fire/Fighting Pokemon and want to keep making them. With Fire being a starter type it is the best spot to put one in order for it to get a lot of exposure. They really wanna keep making Fire/Fighting starters but they now know that everyone else has come to hate the idea so they try get as close as they possibly can without going whole hog.

I mean was Blaziken REALLY popular in Japan so they decided to double down on Fire/Fighting forever?

Zore posted:

Also I'm guessing no new fossils since none of the pokemon fit the pattern.

Having Gen IV and V fossils in the regional dex is also super odd. This is the first time they've done that for any fossil except Aerodactyl.

It's a stretch but maybe bubble crab and sea urchin could be fossils? Deep sea critters for a bygone era.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Faticate
Evil Werewolf
AND IT'S THE YETI! Crab
Best Sea Cucumber (that vomits its organs when it dies)
Pom Pom Bird
Flamenco Bird

I think I've got my team, if only Cofragrigus was available this gen :(

Room for Evil Sandcastle and ANCHOR as well.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Is Bubble Crab/Spider based on anything? Aren't there underwater spiders that make little bubbles for themselves? I really like it's little gillman diver pre-evo :3:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

My best friend is Klefki and he's a cool exciting guy.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

The Bee posted:

Its amazing how wres-friendly this gen is. We have Ric Flair Dugtrio, Nyandre the Giant, and now THE YET-TAY crab.

I mean I'd say name the Dugtrio The Fabulous Freebirds but that would mean having to acknowledge Michael Hayes.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Zore posted:

Yeah, like how last gen had literally 1 new bug line. They seem really willing to just... not make pokemon of certain types in a gen.

I was going to say with Alolan Forms this gen is actually pretty balanced type wise from the looks of it. Least it isn't Ground types in Kalos (Diggersby and legendary Zygarde) or well, Sinnoh with Fire types.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Sea Urchin thing could be Water/Steel with all those plates. Although I'm guessing Water/Poison mostly cause how is Anchor not going to be Water/Steel?

Also Golem could be Steel now, maybe. For some reason I'm thinking it's going to be Rock/Psychic or Rock/Electric and those rocks on its back are conductors.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Oct 18, 2016

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Could be ghost going for that ghost ship aesthetic

That'd be cool if we didn't just have Aegislash and pals, so personally hoping Water/Steel.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Zore posted:

Also, thanks to the leak we know there are 11 special Z moves.

Pikachu
Eevee
Snorlax
Alola Raichu

Were already revealed. My gut for the last 7 are;

The starter final forms
The version mascots
some combo of 2 of Marshadow/Magearna/Zygarde/Greninja

Anyone else have any good candidates?

Lycanroc since it's supposed to be this gen's Lucario. Actually Lucario has a good chance :v:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Giving Unown a Kanto/Johto/Whatever form where it becomes Kanji would be rad just saying.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Wonder if they had any megas planned for Z that got shelved? Most likely they got shifted into ORAS.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I'm wanting to do another playthrough of X/Y and actually complete it before SuMo comes out. Was just before the Victory Road and have gotten most of the items, few lv. 100's (exp share is stupid) and a couple of shinies. Anyone want anything before I send it all to the void?

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Reinanigans posted:

Why don't you just get Bank ($5 for an entire year) and keep all of your cherished friendos.

Forgot about this, will do then.

Out of interest though, are there any codes/mystery gifts still floating round for X/Y? I got the Torchick one and think that was it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

We live in a glorious age where a boxing yeti crab exists.

Lots of the new designs kinda look a bit like stuff out of Dragon Quest, which isn't a criticism I really dig all the new critters.