Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

You can get the opposite in like 2 minutes on the GTS, exclusives mean so little now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

I'm actually surprised we don't have a moose pokemon, now that I think about it.

E: Aloloan Stantler should be Ice/ Normal and become a reindeer.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

King of Solomon posted:

Gen 2 is probably my favorite Pokemon generation for nostalgia reasons, but I have always hated Scizor's design.

I like Scizor, but Scyther really does look cooler.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

JackDarko posted:

Weird question, does anyone have any good nuzzlocke series recommendations? Amusing, or informative that sort of thing.

Griffin McElroy's series proves once again that he and his brother are the only good things about Polygon.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

8-Bit Scholar posted:

This game is a wealth of possibilities. It's truly hard just to stick to six this gen. It isn't quite as overflowing with brand new awesome Pokemon like Black/White were but the Pokemon that are in this game are almost uniformly interesting.

Bug/Water isn't a great type but the Dewpider line looks so cool that I've been enjoying using it a lot, and it's been a truly difficult decision to stick with my Mudsdale instead of swapping him out for the sand castle guy.

I love the Pokemon in this game, but is this the gen with the most single-stage mons since gen 1? There are a lot that just don't evolve, even in the first half of the game, that it stood out to me.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Dizz posted:

Unown, Mr.Mime

I'm waiting for Mime Sr. One of these days...

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Zore posted:

Yeah, Gen 3 had the Gen 1 remakes
Gen 4 had Gen 2 remakes
Gen 5 was only Black/White and Black2/White2
Gen 6 had the Gen 3 remakes.

What this obviously means is that each remake should be in it's original gen x2. DPPt remakes will be with gen 8 in 2023.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

I'm waiting for Mime Sr. with bated breath.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

You should buy Ghost Trick

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

I think my favorite part of HG/SS is the aesthetic. The battle sprites were so darn colorful, and the overworld sprites and buildings had a really charming pallette that hasn't really been recreated again as the series moved more and more 3D.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Bear in the Woods posted:

I'm playing Gold and trying to mess with the Coin Case stuff and all I need now is a Berry Juice.

Does it require walking with Shuckle holding a Berry or battling with it? I've tried both and the berry won't change at all.

There may also be a time component.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Is there a good collection of videos like this one where the audience completely breaks down because of talking Pikachu in the latest Pokemon movie?

https://twitter.com/broderick/status/930126330615730182

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Eox posted:

Pokemon at least has enough cultural momentum to survive a bad release or a few games coming out too quickly, Yokai Watch took a flying leap down the path of Guitar Hero and Five Nights at Freddy's.

I was at home this Christmas and read through some old Pokemon magazines I had lying around from the late 90s heydey. A recurring question that popped up every few issues was if Pokemon would have legs or slowly wither away. The mag was primarily card-focused, but each time it was asked the authors were fairly confident that Pokemon would transcend past "fad" status. It makes me happy seeing their hopes come true. :unsmith:

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

less laughter posted:

At least we both agree that Rhyperior is excellent.

Excellent... For me to poop on!!!!

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

The Gen 1 designs are only good with the og Sugimori artwork, they lose something when the coloring gets more flat.

I would love to see gens 3+ with the original artstyle.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

I'm so conflicted because those babies are adorable but I'd rather have evos the other way or new boys entirely.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Crawfish posted:

The lack of integration with Bank as of yet, and the lack of anything overly new are somewhat killing the hype for me.

Map wise, the only things new are a Volcano at Cinnabar and a T structure of some form to the right of the S.S. Anne.

Thats where the truck appears post-game that you can use Strength on to find Mew.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

The Farfetch'd episode of the anime was the first Pokemon related item I ever encountered and I immediately fell in love with this big dumb useless duck.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I got curious about how many Gen 1 pokemon families didn't get
a) A cross-gen evolution/pre-evolution
b) New typings
c) A mega-Evolution
d) An alolan forme
e) Exclusive Z-Moves

Caterpie, Spearow, Ekans, both Nidoran lines, Paras, Venonat, Psyduck, Mankey, Growlithe, Machop, Bellsprout, Tentacool, Ponyta, Farfetch'd, Doduo, Seel, Shelder, Drowzee, Krabby, Voltorb, Koffing, Goldeen, Staryu, Tauros, Ditto, Omanyte, Kabuto and Dratini. 61 or 64 if you count the legendary birds.

What this tells me is that Gen 8 will include another forme gimmick and give it to a third of these.

Lapras too, right? Or did I miss something?

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

X13Fen posted:

Finish my LGE team for me, for I am lazy and trying to use things I haven't used historically:

Eevee
Tentacruel
Rhydon
Hitmonlee (open to changing)
Nidoking

All choices above are good, but consider going for something nice and weird like Hypno or Tangela.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

It doesn't help that just about everything in Gen I was Rock/Ground anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

God save the Nidoqueen