Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
This kinda looks like it sucks but I'll withhold full judgment until we know more than a very minimal trailer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

At least its less of a cheap cashgrab than ORAS and USUM.

ORAS kinda sucked but I'm not sure I'd call it a cheap cash grab.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Nodosaur posted:

I don't know if there's a single Mega Evolution I'd consider worse-looking than the base form.

Heck, guys like Mega Manectric are a categorical improvement.

garchomp

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

So my 8 year old daughter has turned into a total Pokemaniac after getting a 3DS and Pokemon Moon. There is a problem though, as her favorite pokemon is Meloetta and she's been going nuts trying to find one as she's near the end of the game. I see that apparently this one was only available via Wifi a couple years back so here is my plea....would any fellow goons happen to have one that's wasting away in their bank and be so kind as trading her one?

I think I have one, double checking now

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

I have one. Sent you a PM.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I don't think I want to be friends with anyone who didn't nickname their box legendary Nebby

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

TaurusOxford posted:

Hope you don't mind - I fixed your sentence error.

I can understand how someone might think Popplio is the worst of the three base forms. I can easily understand thinking Brionne is the worst of the three middle forms because it only shines in motion

but I actually cannot wrap my head around thinking Primarina isn't the best final form. On an intellectual level I get that different people have different tastes and it's all opinion and blah blah blah but my brain cannot fathom how any sane person could think decidueye or incineroar is better

I will die on this hill

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

[x]

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

cheetah7071 posted:

S++ Tier
Primarina

S+ Tier
Serperior
Delphox

S Tier
Charizard
Venusaur
Torterra
Empoleon
Greninja
Decidueye

A Tier
Blastoise
Infernape
Incineroar

B Tier
Meganium
Thyphlosion
Sceptile
Blaziken
Swampert

C Tier
Feraligatr
Emboar
Samurott
Chesnaught

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
There must be something that triggers it in the first place because he just never talked much in the first place for me

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
What are the things that prevent you from banking a pokemon? I want to transfer my competitive team from Moon to Ultra Moon ahead of PAX and it's refusing some of them

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
literally everything I want to transfer. Now that I think about it it's probably because they're in battle teams

e: oh bank can't transfer items and I don't have all the items I need on UM, guess they're staying in Moon

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Aug 31, 2018

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Sylveon is creepycute, which is a good thing

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
As long as Let's Go doesn't outsell gen 8 I'm perfectly happy letting it be its own spinoff thing but if it does outsell gen 8 then that doesn't bode well for Gamefreak continuing to make the kinds of pokemon games I want to play

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Sep 12, 2018

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

SuperKlaus posted:

Yeah I can dig that. I used a team of guys I thought were cool in HeartGold and I'd definitely do the same going forward. Alolan Sandslash is a slam dunk for my team unless his stats are abominable. Shoot I used Butterfree in Blue when I was a kid.

I personally enjoyed Moon more than Ultra Moon--the new stuff in Ultra is pretty minimal unless you're digging deep into post-game, and they ruined the climax of the story

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
No it's an enhanced remake not a sequel

Personally I think it's slightly worse but I think I'm in the minority on that

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

chaosapiant posted:

I have and can play both if there’s a reason to. Why do you feel the way you do? Express yourself to me. Open up. Share.

Ultra changes the plot to make Necrozma the focal element of the climax and it's kind of a hack job that makes the entire story worse

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I also think new Lusamine is kinda lame even if she's internally consistent with the new story

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The 3DS can handle 2 pokemon on screen no problem but the framerate noticeably drops when there's more than that. Having a new 3DS does help but it's not enough to eliminate it

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Flygon.....sucks.

Flygon should have been bug/dragon like c'mon gamefreak this isn't hard

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I feel like with 50ish episodes a year for 5ish years between gens you actually can give six characters screentime

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

mandatory lesbian posted:

What's your favorite Pokemon

Not that person but

This was hard because I don't give a poo poo about half the types and have a ton of faves in the other half

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ignite Memories posted:

Cmon guys, surely you can do this without picking doubles

Breloom is my favorite pokemon so why wouldn't I list it twice, since I like it more than any other grass or fighting types

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ignite Memories posted:

But what if you HAD to pick another grass or fighting type, or they were gonna kill your breloom?

no argument with double farfetch'd pick tho because he is a very good and handsome boy

Serperior is my second favorite grass- or fighting-type

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
That's too many categories I don't got time for all those

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

mandatory lesbian posted:

i know right, i dont think i even have a favorite for grass

I think grass is number two for quantity of pokemon I give a poo poo about, after fairy

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I'm late on posting this, but I don't care. The world must know which dogs are my favorite.

You have good taste

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Mythical pokemon are only slightly more real than fan pokemon imo

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Do I need to do a Primarina art dump

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
You asked for this, fuckers

[x]

[x]

[x]

[x]

[x]

[x]

[x]

[x]

[x]

[x]

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I mean yeah I'm not spending hours looking for the best of the best and I'm sorry I offended your senses by posting fanart that I liked

Here, have some professional-quality primarina art

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
alternative reply,

Ariong posted:

Actually those drawings are v. good.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ariong posted:

I like the third one a lot, in fact. The artist gave Primarina abs, which is weird but cool. You don’t think of primarina as being a muscular pokemon. It also looks kinda pissed off. Wonder why.

It was posted a over a month ago so I know this isn't actually the intention but I like to think Primarina was working out for the big smash debut and is now sad Inceneroar took the new pokemon slot

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Nov 2, 2018

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Incineroar and Decidueye are perfectly reasonable pokemon but they aren't perfect creations like Primarina

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Silver Falcon posted:

Why does she look so angry in this one?

The artist didn't post any comments with the picture

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Hammerite posted:

Primarina is good, Brionne is better

It's hard to disagree with this, Brionne is insanely good

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Proud bulbasaur selector here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Dehry posted:

You have to be super hardcore into the games to know about the girl on the player's guide, but yeah that's who she's based on.

She was a major character in the manga