Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

mabels big day posted:

My favorite team was Scoliopede, Mr Mime, Espeon, Vaporeon, Gliscor, and Smeargle, that was a baton pass team that never attacked, and it was the only fun I had in competitive gen 6 before smogon mercilessly banned it, and I'll never forgive them.

Smogon did you a favor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

mabels big day posted:

It was the only way to have fun, and it's gone.

Now you can have fun with other things, like Gen 4 or 5 singles.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

mabels big day posted:

Any gen where genies exist is bad

The genies did nothing wrong.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

Their therian forms did EVERYTHING wrong.

Ban all legendaries from all online formats forever.

They're too perfect for this hosed up world.
Also, I haven't met a single one that wanted to ban all legendaries from online and wasn't also a hosed up idiot.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Kelp Plankton posted:

why didn't they have a Pokemon Contest tournament with competitors from all around the world

Because only degenerates and little girls care about contests.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

mabels big day posted:

Lock this thread until the release of sun and moon.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

The extremely bad opinions on anything megathread

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Cicadas! posted:

Doubles are the best format because it opens up so much more interactions between moves, pokemon, and abilities, and gives pokemon that would otherwise be trash a chance to shine.

Singles are for boring losers.

Doubles is a stupid gimmick and your opinions have been consistently poo poo.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Cicadas! posted:

You like the genies, you're not allowed to criticize other people's opinions.

Hating something for because it is good is a very contrarian and GBS opinion.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Cicadas! posted:

Look at these cool motherfuckers that are definitely not ugly last-minute pallete swap filler legendaries. "Only gained traction because of great stats and movepools," you say? Get outta town. That one dude whose hair is a hammer is so fly, look at that sexy goiter.

Spiked anal beads are a very Cool and Good thing to have coming out of your rear end.

Stats and movepools are what makes the pokemon.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Countblanc posted:

Yeah, he forgot typing and abilities.

I have, indeed.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

mabels big day posted:

Next person to suggest that there will be more Eeveelutions gets banned.

I suggest retconning the eevee line entirely.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

HoneyBoy posted:

The genies are good

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The term 'degenerate' for thing I don't like is something made popular by weirdo alt right creepers and /pol/ posters usually aimed at People Who Are Not Straight White Dudes.

Don't spread that poo poo.

Paranoid much?

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

I hope they retcon mega garchomp to have the same speed as regular garchomp (take the points out of SpA to keep the same BST)

gently caress that, make it even faster.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

tbp posted:

VGC for the rest of the time, and honestly from my interaction w the mons community as a whole i know more and more people are moving into the format

Well that's a shame.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

tbp posted:

in a sense yeah, itd be cool if nintendo cared at all about singles, but the design of the game is just pretty flawed. power creep has made oras kinda unfun, a "long term" strategy for some games is like "get diancie to 70%, DD with charizard X and win" which is kinda boring all things considered. i sound like an old person w/ this but its one of the main reasons im a big fan of older generations, probably the perfect balance between defensive and offensive power was gen 3 where i think singles peaked.

Personally I preferred gen 4, really need that physical/special split.
Admittedly I haven't bothered with laddering in years, last time was roughly before B2/W2 when pokemononline.eu was still the go to simulator. Permarain everywhere was boring and gen 6 was even more of a snoozefest even by merely looking in it's general direction.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Chill Penguin posted:

Eviolite Lickitung's time to shine :P

E: Lickitung can learn Dream Eater and Nightmare(via XD tutor) but no sleep-inducing moves...?

As a matter of fact, eviolite has been removed in S/M.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

tbp posted:

literally every single player at worlds generated their pokemon. not a single one of them use legit bred or captured mons. verlisify only started hopping on the hacking thing when his channel started dying, hes also insanely terrible at the game yet claims that he has won a ton of tournaments w/ no proof of having won any of them (he bought a trophy off amazon and shows it on his channel from time to time as a "vgc trophy")

He's also incredibly defensive of his retarded teambuilding.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Dr. Fetus posted:

https://twitter.com/pedroazl/status/788213206531579905

Sun and Moon confirmed for the best Pokemon games.

Yeah.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

MamosWin

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Mierenneuker posted:

I went Platinum -> Black 2 and it has been great so far. The villains are pretty dumb, but hey, that's Pokemon.

All the online functionality no longer working is pretty sad tho. I read up on the Dream World a couple days ago and that seemed like it was a pretty fun addition.

It was not.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

oddium posted:

druddigon

gently caress you.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

U.T. Raptor posted:

I hope they nerfed Stealth Rock too because goddamn that's overdue.

I hope that they leave at least it unchanged in this generation of crazy and unneeded changes.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Zore posted:

Jesus on Vikavolt, 145 Sp. Attack and 43 speed?

:psyduck:

This generation is a total poo poo show

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

I'm glad of the new murderbeasts lore.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

mandatory lesbian posted:

do we know it turns them into normal types?

If Roost is of any indication, it would indeed become pure normal.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Zygarde continues being lame and pointless, news at 11.

gently caress off.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

mabels big day posted:

Speed tiers are way too absolute. A lot of Pokemon are either good or bad entirely based on what speed benchmarks they reach. It would be way better to blur those lines so the difference between two Pokemon with a few points of speed variance was much less important.

Speed tiers are fine as they are.
Also make damage not random, and rework crits to be more predictable because the ideal of removing them completely will never happen.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

VGC is a poo poo format for retards that prefer gimmicks over strategy

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

EDIT: Basically you can only say VGC is gimmicky if you think all doubles strategies are inherently gimmicky, but that's just silly.

That + GameFreak's obsession with availability based banlists and poor attempts at balance.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Utter goddamn insanity for what amounts to a few seconds in PkHex

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

oddium posted:

"ahhh i hope i'm not alohan raichu, the stupid idiot who sucks and looks dumb" - me after forgetting my name

You have terminally bad taste, I am sorry.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Neo_Crimson posted:

I hope those leaks are super wrong and Game Freak doesn't continue to pander to idiot genwunners that want nothing more than to remove most of the roster.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

oddium posted:

i don't regret being right

Regret having objectively terrible taste instead.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/999194626027290624

https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/999213808588640256

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Vinylshadow posted:

Tell that to the people who ignore everything past a certain generation
Especially in regards to the anime...

This is why more believe than disbelieve these posts.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Zore posted:

That's also totally incorrect.

The worst in-game is Serperior who rocks lower offensive stats and a worse movepool than Meganium in 2 games with a bunch of gyms and E4 designed to gently caress Grass types up. Serperiors only saving grace is its hidden ability, which you couldn't get until like Gen VI or VII I forget. Like at least Meganium can learn Earthquake and a bunch of status moves from level up, Serperior's got... Dragon Tail and Aerial Ace???

Seriously gently caress whoever designed all the Gen V starters. They're either absolute garbage mechanically (Serperior, Emboar) or garbage aethetically (Samurott) and they have the most boring typing. Yay, another loving Fire/FIghting, Grass, Water trio :effort:

What does it feel to have terminally horrible tastes

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Zore posted:

i dunno, you're the one who likes a weird sealion with a giant tumor on its head?

Samurott is real bad op

Tell me your favorite starter and I will tell you why it is bad.
Actually I can't, unless it is Typhlosion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Whoever does not evolve their starter and allow it to reach peak potential is a disgrace to trainers everywhere.
This is why I consider Yellow to be non canon, and same for Let's Go.
LAnd the Light Ball is cheating.