Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
lol@anyone making a team before the rest of the undoubtedly amazing gen vii designs are revealed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Most of the names have been pretty lame so far, imo

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
my team will consist of six of my favorite pokemon, mega rayquaza, the best and strongest there is

how do I have six megas on my team? it is the power of friendship, dear reader

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
team ratings:

rocket>neo-plasma>galactic>aqua>plasma>flare>magma

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
plasma could have been so good, but there were only like two or three guys plus N who actually cared about helping pokemon, everyone else was just in it for the money and also some aspects weren't as explored as i hoped (altea/concordia, the sages, the subway guys, the weird monarchy thing)

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
i miss admins

and also enemy teams with more than four pokemon

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

look at this weak poo poo, we've probably passed the point of no return wrt these games being baby tier easy but come on, surely you could have at least filled out his movesets

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

GreyPowerVan posted:

Confession: as a kid I stopped playing Pokémon after ruby. Are Gen 4 and 5 worth it and do they run on a 3ds? If I only played once of them before sun and moon, which one?

yes and yes

if you're looking for (kind of) a challenge: platinum

if you're looking for nostalgia: hg/ss

if you're looking for a fresh experience and the closest thing to a plot these games have ever had: b/w

if you're looking for an all-around tight game and good variety of selection: b2/w2

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Scizor is a poo poo design, Tyranitar is an awful x4 Weak to fighting waste of a slot and the worst Pseudo-Legendary Design easily. Skarmory is a poo poo bird with 1 set that's been out done over and over by now and Blissey's one entire claim to fame is being so lovely it makes Chansey better by design and mechanically.

gently caress you!!!!

Zoness posted:

at least gen 2 didn't have an ice cream cone

or a bear that should definitely get a flu shot

or a whatever the gently caress avalugg is supposed to be

gently caress you!!!!!!!!!

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
you're right, there's a whole school of them

Raserys fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Aug 26, 2016

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Lanturn

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
are sharks fish

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
neat

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
The worst part of Origins is that there isn't enough of it

Sure there's dumb stuff that doesn't make any in-game sense, but I don't watch a pokemon anime to simulate the games perfectly. aim for the horn

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Golurk is incredibly sick and was the best Pokemon before the introduction of the Pancham line

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Ka0 posted:

I love Jumpluff and its unique typing. Pangoro is a mediocre pokemon with an absurdly awesome movepool. Hope this helps.

yare yare... you've really pissed me off now...
/

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Kikas posted:

EDIT: Oh yeah and

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

lmao

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
i still don't understand why people hate vanillite other than "it's an ice cream cone!!!!"

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Gammatron 64 posted:

I know, right? Nintendo is really, really bad at making actual competitive games. There's another Nintendo game series out there that people like to pretend is a serious competitive game, but I dare not mention its name because it's huge a can of worms. You all know what I am referring to, though.

i tried competitive mario party, it was a nightmare

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Seeing the words "circadian rhythm" in pokemon is surreal

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I want Plasmachu!!! I will give him a tiny honedge with which to defend the land

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
The gen with the least memorable music for me is VI, specifically X/Y

Off the top of my head, I can remember the Champion theme, the Team Flare themes, Lumiose and Snowbelle, that's about it

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Oh, I remember the gym leader and wild pokemon themes but don't particularly like them

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

bobjr posted:

So what is your favorite gen 1 pokemon?

I'm Catamon Harrotrainadratine Elliot

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

StandardVC10 posted:

I don't remember this one at all. I don't remember Iris at all. Guess I should replay B2/W2? :shrug:

Unlike Alder who played a big role in the first game's plot, Iris is only the champion battle and never does anything outside of it, so it's understandable

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
nah, hugh blows actually. He could have been interesting if his angle of team plasma was played up with the reformed guys who legit believed in pokemon freedom, but then there are only like two of those and everyone else is on board with secret nazi plasma

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
corless should have been a new leader of classic flavor team plasma and helped you fight neo plasma

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Emalde posted:

Is this the work of an enemy Stand UserPokemon Trainer?!

Only one can stand at the top

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Team Aether Is Here To Help Pokemon. Team Aether Is Your Friend. Trust Team Aether.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
G/S/C are my favorite credits from a purely nostalgic point

the best theme though, as usual, is from black and white

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

oddium posted:

who's dig

Doug

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

oddium posted:

pokemon spirit fusion... was real... :unsmith:

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Dr. Fetus posted:

Yeah that really wasn't a good move, preventing people from using any of the old Pokemon in case they didn't like any of the new ones. Especially with incredibly divisive designs such as the Klink, Trubbish, and Vanillite lines.

All of those are good

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I hope they release the soundtrack for Generations, the wild battle medley in the pikachu video owned

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
is it out yet. it's 9:20 pm where i am and i have class at 9 am tomorrow

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Countblanc posted:

One time I yelled "Return!" and Lycanroc turned to me and said, "what if someone just stood in the middle of Celedon City and yelled 'return'? Maybe the Passimians in suits would forget their routine of going to Silph Co." My jaw hit the floor and it never really came back up. That's when I thought, is he getting in character to win a Coolness contest, or was the Coolness something that's been in him all along?

Sometimes I would go to look at one of the Pokeballs, and I noticed Lycanroc had put something in the ball. It was stuff like "what if Pokeballs were slavery? Would you battle a slave owner?" and "Fight. Bag. Insanity." I had to ask him to stop because I was getting too scared to train.

this was a while ago but this post made me laugh really hard

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
You have to set your 3ds clock 12 hours ahead to defeat them

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
i don't nickname my pokemon :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys