Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Quick question: How does the normal gem interact with move type-changing abilities? If I give one to, say, Sylveon and pick a Normal attack, will it get boosted before turning it into Fairy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Ruggington posted:

when I saw the coconut crab I literally said "poo poo" out loud because I know I won't be able to keep that dude off my team

:same:, also what's your current team status wrt Yungoos? Thanks in advance.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Cool Alola Tropius!

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Togekiss is a fat beakless pigeon. I hope its Alolan counterpart is just a beak.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

how are passersby determined in ORAS

They're people who are online at the same time as you, regardless of country and time zone.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Bartie posted:

There's a giveaway of a Meowth with happy hour in Europe and Australia if you use the code HAPPY in mystery gift, in case anyone missed it.

Edit: I just hatched a shiny Eevee ... With 0 IV in Sp.Atk :negative:

Pretty good GTS fodder if you ask me!

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

mirthdefect posted:

If I restart my AS game, can i claim the arceus again?

Not Arceus, since it came from a one-use code, BUT Internet gift mons can be re-downloaded into new saves. Maybe wait a few more days and claim two Victinis? :v:

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

They should've used the flying models ONLY for Sky Battles, and the Pokemon Amie standing models for regular battles.
Except for Archeops, he should keep on flapping.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

greatn posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with Kanto that it has so many more poison types than anywhere else?
The S.S. Anne carbon footprint is freakin astronomical!

Bakalakadaka posted:

All the grass/poison and rock/ground mons in gen 1 gave me real weird ideas about the type chart.
Same. What do you mean Psychic isn't super effective against Tangela!?

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

LightningKimba posted:

I have a personal beef with Milotic, mostly because it being straight up "the Most Beautiful Pokemon (TM)" is sort of a rude way of getting people to like it?? Especially since I find it kind of whatever a design.

It's basically my equivalent of how many people dislike Lucario and/or Greninja for being Too Special, except way more of a minor deal.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

oddium posted:

i'm trying to set up some trade evos between y and or using gts and people keep sniping my lv 3 burmys and giving me poliwhirls and i don't get it

Burmys don't appear in ORAS, so maybe that's just people trying to complete their Dexes.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Rygar201 posted:

I would Aldo accept Edmund, or Dudley

Dudley, you say?

Their gloves are even the same color!

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

Between life and death?? Purgatory?

Life support.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

How do Deerling/Sawbuck colors work outside Gen5? If I send an Autumn coated one to a Gen6 game, will it also change its color once winter starts?

Also, I'm currently replaying Black2 trying to use monsters I hadn't used before and... is Woobat supposed to be this lovely? Poor idiot dies just by getting looked at. Tried slapping a Soothe bell in order to evolve it ASAP, but it has a hard time just metabolizing for five straight minutes. :(

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

More poo poo opinions: I've never cared about Goodra, I feel it's a step back design-wise. Its first two stages are super adorable, and then it shits the bed and becomes a fat anime. :(

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Somebody please hack XY to replace all grunts with Flarekachus.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

jarbv posted:

Vibrador and Pladypussy
Please tag :nws: content.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

well I have like 20 spare legendaries so probably not easier, and then I would also need a new spritzee. it is funny though people don't even ask for bottom-tier legendaries like the lake fairies or dogs it's all box legendaries or MAYBE the legendary birds

It's super easy: Once you get your Aromatissue back, just stick it in the Daycare with a ditto and bam, instant* Spritzee.

* Not that instant, really.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Dabir posted:

You can get every gen 1 except Koffing and Weezing in X/Y so lol @ u
Nor Rattata. I remember yanking all sorts of legendaries just after Bank dropped.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Maybe they'll pull an Aqua/Magma and each version will feature one team as villians and the other one as support. After all, twelve hours is more than enough time to go heel.

Also looking forward to Sun2Moon2, taking place 24 hours after the events of SunMoon.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

I hope they release a day equivalent for Dusk Balls...

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Type: Null should be ??? instead of normal. A missed opportunity.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Dr. Fetus posted:

I can't wait to make friends and save the world with Team Skull.

Ultra Beasts don't seem to be Pokemon at all considering how the official website classifies them. They might just be boss only characters.

Lysandre was the first Ultra Beast.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg0jS6F4M10
Lusamine.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

Team Skull is obviously not evil because Guzma and Plumeria are named after plants.

Plant names = good people.

Guzma is named after el Chapo Guzmán, obvs.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

The jorts/flip-flop combo gives Professor Birch a natural advantage, so hopefully he'll also show up.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

oddium posted:

put everything in the op until there's no more threat of any kind of discussion

Yo oddium are you still looking for a Fancy Vivillon?

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

What do you mean Blaziken and Hawlucha don't belong to the same egg group? They're both punchy birds!

oddium posted:

who's the girl with all the butterflies

it's oddium~

thanks pentaro !!
Glad to be of service!

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Metamon is a much better name than Ditto. Sorry if this is considered offensive.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

I clicked the "Random Page" link in Bulbapedia and ended up in a very dark place.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Dunban posted:

CoroCoro finally leaked:

Rockruff's evolution looks different depending on whether it evolves during the day or at night:

Y-You're way too hairy to be named Rockweiler anymore :ohdear:

Also I'm glad I'm getting Moon, since I mostly play at night and will be able to get this cute dog. Nightdog looks like Zoroark and Knuckles the echidna had a baby. Its :mrgw: face is cool, tho.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

oddium posted:

get this: Dayowulf

I'll allow it.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

I like Bowlett because it still looks like a barn owl.
Compare: https://www.instagram.com/p/BJvG3DLA-OY/?taken-by=ojohs&hl=en

Exclusive leak !!!! Bowlett''s cry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDmRmRb2OpE

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

This weekend I saw a possum. I wish there was a possum pokeyman.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Dunban posted:

Night Dog gets Counter and Day Dog gets a new move called Accel Rock.

This also seems to suggest they're version exclusives, though it doesn't explicitly state it.

Daywolf's mane looks like a sun and Nightwolf's pompadour is shaped like a crescent moon. :downs:

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Adder Moray posted:

So what I'm getting from this is that the games have an inverted R/S thing going.

In Sun, Skull are the villains, Expansion is the second Ultra Beast you encounter when it attacks and kidnaps Tapu Koko for Skull to make a fortune selling.

In Moon, Aether are the villains, Beauty is the second Ultra Beast you encounter when it attacks and kidnaps Tapu Koko for Aether to keep and "protect."

On one hand, I get to be pals with my boy Guzma.
On the other, I get the crappier dog.

HMMMM....

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

UB02 Expansion is actually Mega Cutiefly.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

robot roll call posted:

I have to level a bunch of poo poo up past 40 for my Hoenn dex so I decided to give the Blissey base thing a try, although how much more XP can it possibly gi:stare:

:stonklol:

oddium posted:

it takes like thirty minutes to go through all the level/move prompts
I wish there was an Everstone-like item that stopped the holder from learning new moves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

I was thinking about that poll that said that the fire monkey was the least popular Pokeman ever.
There's no way more people think the Gen 3 lighting bugs are better than that monkey, even if it literally has a poop-shaped head. Is it because of his :gay:-reminiscent hand gestures?

Also Diggersby is cool because he helped fulfill my childhood dream of battling alongside Homer Simpson.