Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Zore posted:

Wait, what are you two talking about?

There's a direct going on right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUCcvWNRTl0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Mustache rat.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

I hope more Z-Moves have cute as gently caress animations

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
You know what Pokebank needs? The ability to register all of the Pokemon stored in it in the actual games Pokedex.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Mimikyu I was already going to be your friend, you didn't need to get EVEN CUTER

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
gently caress it, I'll just get both versions and get Litten in one and Rowlet in the other.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
What are the chances of one of the members of New Day dressing up as Nyandre the Giant at some point?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Where is the story leaks thread, I need a fix to distract me from the election.

Zore posted:

Here's who get special Z Moves

Starters
A- Raichu
Snorlax
Mew!!!!!
Marshadow

It looks like Pikachu wearing Ash's hat also has their own Z-move, 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Crosspeice posted:

I love how anime these Z-Moves are.

that was just a rider kick

the cute little candle demon did a rider kick

i want seven

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Oh man oh man my copy of Sun is out for delivery I wish I didn't have work until 5

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Does anyone know where to get the Pikachu Z-Crystal or the Alolan Raichu Z-Crystal? My precious Pancakes need to be able to kick more rear end.

Also where can I get a Thunder Stone?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Okay, I'm about to fight the second Kahuna, and I was wondering if anyone found a use for the Strange Souvenir you can buy at the department store.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Brother Entropy posted:

how can i use the steel z-move when no one taught me how to do the steel z-move dance

huge loving blunder on gamefreak's part

When you get the Bugnium Z from the Team Skull Mansion, there really needed to be just some random grunt show up, do the pose, and leave. Same for all of the Z-Crystals.

Also, is it just me, or did they nerf the Pokemon-Amie/Refresh bonuses? Because my entire team is at max affection except for Zydog, and they aren't constantly landing critical hits like in X/Y. It's a good change, don't get me wrong, X/Y's endgame was an exercise in pointing my team at any trainer and then winning.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

The Lord of Hats posted:

Wishiwashi is a goddamn beast. It's single handedly carried my team through multiple chunks of the game.

I think all of the new pokemon are beasts, my team's weak links are Alolan Raichu and Zydog right now.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The trials and gyms systems aren't especially far removed from each other. Definitely didn't change the entire game up for me. I'd probably rather have gyms if they give them interesting team comps and AI though, rather than what ultimately boils down to an artificially tougher Pokemon and a lovely little helper.

The settings for the trials are pretty good, especially the Ghost one.

I don't really feel Alola as a setting, nor Hawaiian themed things which is probably partly because I'm not from the US. Kalos and Unova were better "not Japan" settings to me.

e:
^ Explains the poo poo framerates. Get your poo poo together GF, christ.

I mean, they're going to make more Pokemon games, and it's probably going to be on the switch. Might as well future-proof it.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

UmbreonMessiah posted:

So is there anyone out there willing to trade off a female Alolan Vulpix for something frigging reasonable? I was hoping we'd get away from people asking for Legendaries and impossible Pokemon this generation, but basically every Vulpix on GTS is only available for rare SOS finds or bloody Milotics. I just want a cuddly ice fox for my team :(

I can breed one for you for the low, low price of your firstborn child and a Lunala.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

This stuff gives me life since i replayed Y a bit ago. Nope, those two are in XY the entire game. You meet them in Sycamore's lab, you see them in almost every Flare location, they're involved in many, many of the cutscenes. Their costumes are pure white with striking blue and red masks and scarfs and they managed to be the most forgettable characters ever!

Wait, are you saying that the Masked Defenders of Kalos are Sina and Dexio? That's ridiculous! Next thing you're going to tell me that Kukui is the Masked Royal...

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Classtoise posted:

^^^ I didn't even notice it til I saw a Youtuber crawl inside! By then I had Tauros, Lapras, and Stoutland so I was able to clear out much more of it on my first go.

Araquanid is cool and good and my new friend.

Refresh is basically the same thing as Amie but I love it so much more. Giving my dudes a rainbow bean so they jump 2 levels of Affection is a bonus. But having Lycanroc get proud or Araquanid (aforementioned new best friend) shaking off paralysis immediately after Thunder Wave lands, and then hanging on with 1 HP so he doesn't disappoint me is the absolute best.

I love my water spider best friend.

I made it to the postgame, where in order to get access to the battle tree, you have to beat either Red or Blue. I had all of two pokemon not fainted, and then my Tsareena managed to hang on with 1 HP remaining against Red's Charizard like 5 times in a row. I threw the rest of the fight because I couldn't gain any headway against the rest of Red's team, but that was amazing.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Is there a way to find which Zygarde Cells you're missing? I can't find four of them for the life of me.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Anyone have either a Synchronize Modest Pokemon or Modest Ditto in SuMo?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Calaveron posted:

Where are dittos

The mountain on the third island with the Observatory on top, instead of taking the bus down, walk down. There are Ditto in the grass there.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

guts and bolts posted:

Thanks for the heads up

I actually had a follow-up question about Rockruff - I kinda want the Midnight one, even if my Pokémon expert friend keeps insisting that he sucks

I was told Rockruff evolves at night for Moon and during the day for Sun - but if I level up my new doggo (:3:) until he's near evolving, then trade him to a friend with Moon, will he become the Midnight version?

Also I'm still on the first island, I've been in Ten Carat Hill for a long time, and my Dartrix is now level 32, and I feel like this is grossly overleveled - should I just chuck him in a box for a while? Will his affection go down? Can I put my EXP Share in a box?

You'll be overlevelled until the third island at that rate.

Good job.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Has anybody figured out where the other nectars are for Oricorio? I found the pink nectar in front of the Royal Dome, and I'm assuming the yellow nectar is in the big dumb yellow field, but I haven't seen any others yet.

Red Nectar is next to the Lake of the Sunne/Moone, depending on which game you're playing, and Purple is postgame on Poni Island.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

EclecticTastes posted:

By the way, does anyone know if there's an Ice-type trainer, well anywhere in the cast? Just feels weird that the other seventeen types have cool, fresh NPCs representing them (even if a couple only appear/get battled in the post-game), but Ice is left in the cold.

Game Freak hates Ice-types.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

greatn posted:

Ok, but just a corollary, it is ok to put Pikachu in a box forever as soon as you can in Pokemon Yellow, right?

No, he's your buddy.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Almost feel bad about keeping Lunala in its pokeball never to be used because it's a legendary.

In the post game, Lunala will have a use.

During day in moon, you can go to the Altar of the Moone and travel to the Alternate Dimension. If you have a Solgaleo you can do it at night too.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Reiley posted:

Does anyone know how to get a pikachu with a hat yet? Asking for a friend.

Probably an event Pokemon like Spiky-eared Pichu

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Blaziken386 posted:

That store sells expensive shoes and even more expensive hats
The only tall socks I've seen are the ones from konikoni, that end just below the knee. No thigh-highs or tights anywhere in sight. :(

At least for the girl protagonist, you can get thigh-highs in the first or second boutique.

I know this because I wore them for the entire game.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Blaziken386 posted:

what. :catbert:
how did I miss them?

Did you remember to channel the spirit of FABULOUSNESS?

(They're called Over-The-Knee)

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Anime Rowlet is cute and lives in Ash's backpack

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

El Burbo posted:

What's weird is that I've noticed the game turns off the outlines during certain animations, notably mega evolution and some z-moves

Yeah, I noticed that when my Bewear kept using the Fighting Z-move, like, 25% of the time the outlines would be turned off.

The rest of the time it was the regular models though. Weird.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Is it possible to get any of the starters in a fancy ball now? Regular poke balls are just too boring for my precious Litten.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Deified Data posted:

My sperginess actually goes the other way and I don't think you should be holding anything in Beast Balls but UBs, because my immershun.

Listen, I still have 40 of those drat things and I can't sell them for the millions Wicke says they're worth, and if I can't buy clothes with them I might as well catch Mewtwo in it.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
But seriously, there needs to be a way to locate what Zygarde cells you're missing. Because I'm missing two and I have no idea where they could possibly be.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Nihilarian posted:

I am the champion! :toot:

who do you think Lillie is going to choose as her starter over in Kanto?

I think I'm going to bench everyone but Stilts the Decidueye and Peek the Mimikyu for the postgame. Not sure who else to use yet, though.

She'll stumble across a Mew, then Mewtwo, then a literal mountain of Mewtwonite, in that order. She'll travel with them and not choose any of them as a starter.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

CherryCat posted:

Get in the loving ball, Nebby.

Turns out Nebby doesn't like balls either.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
The team motivations for each game are as follows:

RGBY: Steal Pokemon, Make Profit
GSC: Daddy why don't you love us come back
RSE: FLOOD THE WORLD/DRAIN THE OCEAN
DPP: Recreate the universe in my image
BW: Make everyone give their Pokemon away so only I have Pokemon and thus rule the world
B2W2: FREEZE THE PLANET so only I have Pokemon and thus rule the world
XY: Make everyone who doesn't have a million dollars to join a cult die by using a Death Star powered by a tree deer/death bird
SM: be rad ALSO GO TO ANOTHER DIMENSION TO FUSE WITH A JELLYFISH

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
I mean, this makes him seem like evil Steve Jobs, instead of him talking about how he wants to CLEANSE THE WORLD every time you run into him.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Apparently there was, very briefly, a TBA release date for USUM on the Switch on the Pokemon Website?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Pentaro posted:

Nebby gets in the bag.

mods????????????????????????