Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I just want to see how gym like the gym replacements are. I hope they're a little more creative than "gyms, but a different name".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Carlosologist posted:

What's everyone's favorite team? I think my favorite was my first Y team. Chesnaught, Charizard, Scizor, Gallade, Manectric, and Garchomp. just overpowered everything

Mine is my BW1 team: Samurott, Lilligant, Scrafty, Archeops, Reuniclus, and Chandelure.

Maybe not a good team for competitive, but I've always liked them. :unsmith:

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

Magikarp is a fish but Gyarados isn't

Gyarados is a carp streamer, and thus a fish.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Electric Phantasm posted:

Hey so the Japanese website has been putting up old Pokemon with some new descriptions like for Pinsir it says something about Vikavolt being their rivals in Alola. They just put up Arcanine recently:

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/sun_moon/pokemon/160826_02.html

I'm posting this because one of the leaks said there would be water type Alolan Arcanine it was also the one that said there would be fighting type Alakazam. So unless they decide to have both, water Arcanine isn't happening possibly along with whatever was in that leak, which makes me sad because I wanted to see it.

Sad, I wanted a water pupper.

Back to waiting to see if there are any decent new water types.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Calaveron posted:

Pokemon Origins sure looks pretty but I wish amazon video had more episodes available

It's only a four episode special though?

Unless they don't have all of them up.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

The leak that's was out before the release also said there was a Pokemon that evolved when the 3DS was turned upside down which is probably why anyone tried it in the first place.

If I remember correctly, the leaker was a playtester, which is how they found out.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

If anime has taught me anything, it's that Aether are totally going to be evil. They're set up too goody-goody while being tech focused in a story that seems to be about how tech things are going wonky.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Why are people assuming the teams are version exclusives. They would've said it, considering they announced the shifted day-night cycle.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I hope many Pokemon characters are having a nice Hawaiian vacation.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Kelp Plankton posted:

retirement is treating oak well

I think he's saying that he came to study the Regional Forms, but someone with better Japanese can take a stab at it.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Classtoise posted:

I think he used the life of thousands of humans and pokemon to power it and give him and his Floette eternal life. Floette was not too happy with this, and left him.

If I remember correctly, it was originally built as a weapon but then his Floette died. In his grief, AZ used it to revive her and give himself eternal life.

At least in X that was the case.

FishBulb posted:

ITS OAK'S "COUSIN"

His girlfriend?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Waffles Inc. posted:

That just seems absolutely incredibly broken doesn't it? Two quakes in one turn? Two dazzling gleams? Two surfs? Yikes

And it has Telepathy, which allows it to ignore damage from an ally's moves.The 'tang's broken as hell and I am hyped.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Zore posted:

I still remember when the New 3DS was coming out and we had that one dude who was freaking out about the SD card being locked in behind screws and decided to 'practice screwing' so he wouldn't damage the 3DS

:allears: goons.

That was me actually thanks.

It was in fact the dumbest thing and I'm simultaneously proud and ashamed of my legacy.

(I had zero trouble once I actually got my n3DS. The practice payed off???? ...nah, not really.)

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Ruggington posted:

you guys

tsareena

:same:

Tsareena shot to the top of my list. Drop kicking fruit queen, yes please.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

sharrrk posted:

espeon is my favorite pokemon and is very strong, and cool

:yeah:

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Crosspeice posted:

Well we'll either find out all about the games on the 18th October, or 18th November. Place your bets on if they properly scrub the demo.

Since when did Game Freak employ competent programmers?

(No way in hell is it scrubbed. And if it is, there will still be plenty of info there.)

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Same. But the supposed "Sun" final evo of Popplio doesn't fit it's middle evo while the likely leak does. So.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Ometeotl posted:

We'll know the entire Pokedex by noon tomorrow.

How, when the demo comes out on Tuesday?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Space T Rex posted:

Didn't X/Y get the whole pokedex leaked? I might be making that up but it sounds right.

I don't think so, since multiple goons have been telling the story of the discovery of Goomy.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

bobjr posted:

Pokemon Special has a new cutting an Arbok in half thing.

Don't worry, she's alive. No one dies in Pokémon Special, not even bisected Arbok.

(Not even a joke.)

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

oddium posted:

everyone dies in the rse manga. the only one i remember for sure is the girl who gets crushed by rocks. i think the dad is either thrown into a wall or asphyxiated by a tentacruel ?? someone might burn to death as well. spoilers

It's ok because Ruby had a Celebii the whole time, so he just reverses time to bring everyone back to life.

Pokemon Special is not grimdark.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Espeon is both cool and good and that's my hot take. Thanks.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Is the demo coming out at midnight est or noon est? I need to know so I can inject the max amount of Pokemon in my eyeballs. tia

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/ruiisuD/status/788211743201734657

They're real. Amazing.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Space T Rex posted:

Video wont play

It just worked for me. :shrug:

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I have a friend who says she hopes Alola Dugtrio is a one off joke, because she doesn't want it to take up one of the remaining two families.

I didn't know my friends had such bad opinions. :(

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Has anyone compared the demo on a n3DS versus the original 3DS hardware yet? Do we know if the game can use the extra processing power like Hyrule Warriors can?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Space T Rex posted:

Can you actually get in trouble for this?? Nintendo gave the info away to the whole world, he just had to find it.

He has in the past, I think. Either in Gen 6 or Gen 5, he got contacted by Nintendo about posting leaks.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Super No Vacancy posted:

oh whatev i dont know who the guy or site is but his teasing act is wack

He's the owner of Serebii and, as said, has gotten in trouble before.

I don't blame him, but I'm also laughing at him because Joe's a pretty eyerolling worthy guy.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Supremezero posted:

Wait, does this mean no online trading? Cuz that seems like it'd be kind of a problem.

No, just no Miiverse or Browser. Internal internet is fine. Smash would suck without it after all.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Classtoise posted:

Smogon's got you covered.

Fair warning, that link probably has hella spoilers depending on when you open it. It's just trickling in now but I am not responsible if y'all click that and find out Alolan Mega Dragonite is really just two Salamence taped together.

According to that thread the obviously fake "leak" about split starter evos, is, to no one's shock, fake.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I want to encourage the them to mine faster, but I also don't want them to hit a pocket of gas and pass out either. :ohdear:

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I knew it, I knew Game Freak were incapable of being competent programmers.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Lupus Rufus posted:

did this really happen?? Did he get a C&D or something?

Yes and yes, though I believe the C&D was later for the full list of the localized Pokemon names, if I remember correctly.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Countblanc posted:

urgh i cant stay up for another 3-4 hours. i guess i'll try to navigate the thread in the morning when it has another 400 posts

Weak. Real Pokemon supernerds lose sleep to support our fellow trainers toiling away in the data mines. :colbert:

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I'm still laughing over the fact that they thought to scrub everything.... But left all the shiny models in.

How does that even happen? What Game Freak intern fell asleep at their desk?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Johnny Joestar posted:

i'm hype for people to poo poo their pants about the water line looking too feminine

:same:

I actually love Popplio's line way more now that we know it's singer/mermaid themed and not clown themed.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I mean, I don't blame Game Freak but it's still a little sad. At least Alola variants are closer to new Pokemon than megas are, considering you can use them always and they probably have new movesets.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

TWIST FIST posted:

laser focus is a cool name what does it do

Move you use next turn is a guaranteed crit. Not that useful imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Owlett3 is such a nerd.

I love him.

Popplio3 is a very very close 2nd.