Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Let me tell you guys Pokemon is hosed up. Just watched a few episodes with my son this morning, which were various degrees of light hearted adventures. Then the last episode a dog Pokemon loving dies of old age with the most heavy handed symbolic imagery possible, and the Litten that lived with it refuses to eat out of sadness until Ash helps it work through its grief and adopts it into his Poke family. My son was loving wrecked.

Since when do Pokemon die of old age?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I took my kid to the movie. I found it why Pikachu doesn't want to go in the Pokeball and I cried.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Dehry posted:

Ash is about to die from being attacked by Pokemon and as he is losing consciousness Pikachu's pikas become a voice. He says he never wants to leave ash.

i think Pikachu's words were something like "Pi pika pika, be because... because I want to be here you".... and then Ash takes like five hyper beams to the back simultaneously and loving dies.

of course that's not that shocking, either he or Pikachu dies in like half these things.

The shocking one in this one was the guy relating the tale of how his pet Pokemon came and cradled him in a Blizzard to protect him and loving froze to death.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Rudoku posted:

All Pokemon from those games will have their Hidden Ability and a set gender/nature determined by how much experience it has and what experience group it's in. Oh and 3 stats will have max ivs. There should be a few guides telling you how to get certain natures.

Will my Trainer glitch Mew transfer over successfully?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

THE loving MOON posted:

Alolan Muk is easily my favorite alolan form and I really wish I could use one here without being locked out of nicknames or grinding 7k eggs in GO. :saddowns:

Also somebody was wondering a few pages ago at how successful they're going to be at roping in GO players, this was posted in the Switch thread a few days ago:
https://www.npd.com/wps/portal/npd/us/blog/2018/gotta-catch-them-all-pokemon-expands-its-console-market-by-engaging-mobile/

The takeaway is that a significant majority of people who both actively play Go and have a Switch are likely to buy in, and a further ~15% of active Go players who don't have Switches are expected to get one for it. Early sales data has apparently been a bit above expectations. It doesn't surprise me that much either anecdotally, my sister is getting let's go because she still plays go, and I have a few coworkers getting switches soon (or have recently) who are likely to get it. Let's Go is gonna be pretty drat big in a month or so, I think.

edit: I'm totally gonna use Melmetal, but I'm not gonna bother with Go beyond getting the weekly lures and catching them that way. Just way too much effort otherwise. Also Meltan/Melmetal is your guarantee that Let's Go will interact with the rest of the games eventually- there's no way Meltan/Melmetal is going to be locked into Go/Let's Go with no opportunity to transfer to Gen 8.

You are going to want a bunch of Pinap berries in Go to get more Meltan Candy

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Where is a decent resource for information about Pokemon Go and how to do certain things in it? Every time I try to find some particular piece of information all I get are articles from July 2016, and none of the maps for Pokestops are the least bit accurate

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Thanks for the info. Yesterday I had to go to a work dinner and was stuck in town for two hours before it so I was looking for a place with a lot of stops to walk around. I ended up going to a mall which worked decently. In my own town I know where the great spots are. There's a place at the art museum I can just camp and continuously get three pokestops and a gym, especially with the Pokeball plus, I don't even have to do anything. Sunday I went there with 9 balls left and by the end of the afternoon I had like 100 regular and great balls and was throwing out items to make room and throwing out Pokemon into the candy factory

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah like I work in Montgomery which is a moderately sized city of 200,000(and stagnant, it's been that since 1990), and historically culturally important due to the civil Rights movement. There's a decent number of stops in a few places but compared to Birmingham or Mobile (both within 10,000 of Montgomery's population) there's hardly anything.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Kurieg posted:

Yeah, there are a couple of stops that are georgraphically not that far from each other. But My city is in a river valley so two stops are like,8 blocks from each other, then to get to the next nearest stop you have to either go down a ridiculously steep hill that isn't meant for foot traffic, cut through a heavily forested area, or take a 30 block detour because of bridges and the river.

Or you could drive but then Go stops registering steps and that's why i stopped playing Go.

Just FYI now you can link it to your Google fit profile or the Apple one and it will register your steps even when you don't have the app open

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Metapod can know tackle, string shot, and bug bite, so you ideally would go to another battle, use up most of your hardens and most string shot, then go to the master and use up your actual attacks and then struggle.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Dienes posted:

Is there a move deleter you can visit to save a ton of time?

Well ideally you'd want four(or is it three) hardens to max out your defense so you win a struggle race

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

lol running from a battle doesn't break your chain.

No but if a shiny is in screen and you run into something else it might disappear

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Are heart scales just for selling or do they do anything?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

RatHat posted:

Wait are those 3 mystery Eeveelutions?

Gen 8 motherfuckers

Normal, Poison, and Steel

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

God drat you I demand my dragon, insect, and rock eevee

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I hope to get fighting Eevee you have to do something ridiculous, like be knocked out by a fighting move, use a revive, and defeat the enemy who knocked you out

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

TheKingofSprings posted:

Dragon type Eevee should be the last and final Eevee to complete the special cycle

You have to solo a special trainer with your regular Eevee, that trainer has the Bug, Rock, Steel, Ghost, Fighting, and Ground Eeveelutions.

But that shouldn't be the last one, the last one should be Normal

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Someone whose good at maths calculate all the possible Eevees given up to two types, not counting mega evolves. Then name and draw them

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

God loving drat it.

I never get scythers

I've been waiting two loving years to evolve Scyther

I finally got enough candy yesterday and did it. It took two loving years.

Now today I get the research task "Evolve a Scyther". God loving drat it. Well this let's go event last six more days I guess I just have to catch 105 loving pinapped anorith so I can evolve 14 of the fuckers to get 7 Scyther encounters and pinap all those too, or walk 250 km with this stupid fucker.

I was so loving happy I finally got Scizor, now I wish he was in the garbage

I guess I can get meltan the easy way since I have let's go, I just really wanted to finish this research for once

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Normal = Eeveeon
Bug = Insecteon
Ghost = Spookeon
Fighting = Puncheon
Steel = Slasheon
Poison = Venomeon
Rock = Graniteon
Ground = Sedimenteon
Flying = Hovereon
Dragon = Scaleon

Ok that part was easy

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Normal/Ice: Slusheon
Normal/Grass: Mulcheon
Normal/Water: LiquidWaterAtRoomTemperatureon
Normal/Electric: Sparkeon
Normal/Fire: Glowstickeon
Normal/Psychic: Placebeon
Normal/Dark: Penumbreon
Normal/Fairy: Brownieon

And so on

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

thetoughestbean posted:

Normal/Psychic should Coldreadeon

Then what an I going to call the ice/psychic

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think Switch has an install base in Japan of about 5.5 million compared to 3ds like 20 million by the time sun/moon came out

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

200k new switches purchased over the same period of time

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Note Block posted:

Boy am I tired of hitting yellow rings with excellent shots and the pokemon breaking free. Every. loving. Time.

Yeah next game they need to give you something for excellent shots whether you catch or not. Either a little experience regardless, or a few pokedollars(say the professor is studying throwing technique and gives out bonuses for good ones), or chaining multiple excellent together increases your odds or something.

Then it wouldn't feel so bad.

Or make pokecenters give you research quests like pokestops, so "Make ten excellent throws!" nets you a premier ball, or long term ones like "100 nice throws against moving Pokemon" getting you a TM

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Nov 22, 2018

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I just have my Gyarados Crunch psychics, though I'm considering teaching him dark pulse instead

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Oh drat I just realized I have neither Hitmonlee or chan in Go, so I have no idea how I'll get both in Let's Go. Anyone who is willing to trade is going to want the opposite. I need to have both

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nodosaur posted:

Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan appear in Victory Road.

This game rules

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You know the weird thing? I can successfully throw a ball to the left or right when necessary, but only if I don't think about it

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I've never had a new Mon in Go run from me except Abra.

In let's go if you have a chain going just make sure you run immediately if the first catch doesn't work.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Catch roughly the same amount you would in a normal game if you weren't IV or Shiny Farming and you'd be fine.

I catch enough of each species to trade for all alolan variants and have one of each evolutionary stage, and double for version exclusives so I can trade them multiples, and fight all road trainers, and generally they're using Pokemon about the same level as mine.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Instead of that I'd rather you have to use the same number of Pokemon as them

Like in the amine

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

God drat the route from Lavender to Fuschia is a loving gauntlet.

I finally have my mystery box. So from what I understand I can get one of these a week?

Can my copy of let's go give one a week to multiple Go accounts? Or one period? And does anyone know when that time resets?

I estimate I'll need about 6 boxes to get Malmetal. (If each one summons ten and I use pinap berries, then send them back into the game or to the professor for additional candy).

I want a malmetal in this game and in Pokemon go! So double that. But I also want my friends to be able to get mystery boxes from me

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I can get it to go left and right when I want but only if I don't think about it

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't remember Silph Co being 11 loving floors!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I've been trying to not go on the teleporters cause then I can't tell where the hell I am

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's your loving fault then it's literally the first thing anyone talks about

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I just burned 40 ultraballs and all my razz berries trying to get Articuno, until I said "gently caress YOU" and sent it a golden Pinap and threw a premier ball at it, got excellent throw on the move and caught it

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Trying to find a Dratini on route ten, chaining Magikarp in the meantime, and have found if I stand up while doing it I am an ace poke ball thrower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

THE loving MOON posted:

Yeah I have an easier time calibrating it if im standing. Handhelds still better for catching though.

Not by a longshot anymore. Motion control you get additional experience multipliers, especially if you grab a second controller. I'm leveling everything I got nailing Magmars for 3-5k a throw right now. Handheld mode I'd be getting half that and dual throwing balls is a lot higher success chance