Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
yo what was the motivation behind making Rotom so god drat annoying, I gotta have his simpy rear end frowning at me all the time from the bottom screen cause I won't poke him in the loving eye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

someone awful. posted:

If you don't poke Rotom when he is sad you are a) a monster and b) missing out on so much free money from roto bargain, and roto prize money, that I legitimately feel sad for you

I have all the bargain/prize money/catch I could ever use! this fucker is so needy!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

the Necrozma fight is brutal. after 5 OHKOs in a row I was like "hmm maybe you're supposed to lose this one?" but then my Primarina stayed alive cause he loves me so much and I got a move off, so I decided to just spam revives cause gently caress it I'm not letting anyone beat me

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

bro Lillie needs to calm the gently caress down or she's gonna have a heart attack before her sweet 16

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

is there a consensus best pokemon game/gen?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

PetraCore posted:

Like, Hau and Gladion are great friendrivals.

Hau pissed me off with how fuckin smiley and soft he was. Gladion was cool though

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

TFRazorsaw posted:

Hau is great. I don't understand why people want rivals to go back to being Saved By the Bell villains.

Hau didn't even feel like a rival, from the beginning he seemed resigned to the fact that you'd regularly be making him your bitch. they tried to address this in Ultra by making him have a Come To Jesus moment but it felt forced.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

they should really have a frienemy in the next generation. someone who's always nice and helpful to your face but who you find out in the course of the game has poo poo-talked you and made things more difficult on your journey

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I've never understood why they don't make the levels of the opposing gym leaders/antagonists' pokemon variable (based on your starter or lead pokemon, for example, or take an average) to combat both overleveling and xp curve grinds. like put some limits on it if you want so if the player is determined they can overlevel and make all the battles easy, but it seems like such a simple fix

e:

The White Dragon posted:

i feel like this is supposed to be gladio but you barely even see him. he should be a maze boss, like gary; hau could've been the new area level check boss: easy, but has certain weaknesses and resistances you'll want to know for the upcoming areas.

I never really felt good about loving Gladion up because he was introduced as some homeless orphan kid being hazed for membership in a really corny, low-tier gang. like, that just sucks, I don't want to have to beat your rear end.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I'd just like to clarify that my personal suggestion to make the levels scale wasn't about making it open world or challenging the gyms in whatever order. you'd still do everything in a predetermined order, and wild pokemon would always be at whatever level their designated area is supposed to be at, but trainer encounters (especially gyms and villain battles) would be scaled to the level of your pokemon, so overleveling wasn't an issue. it should at least be an optional feature ("hard" mode)

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Bongo Bill posted:

The NPC could call you periodically, but that would be annoying.

hard for me to imagine anything more annoying than the Rotom Dex

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

in a pokemon game, I mean

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Kurieg posted:

IT'S THAT TIME AGAIN WHERE I GIVE YOU SOME ADVICE YOU WEREN'T ASKING FOR

this pisses me off so loving much when I need to check the map or get the loving lotto out of the way

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it's psychologically draining to play a game with this needy clingy thing constantly frowning at you if you don't poke it enough

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I want a Mew. how do I get one

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

gently caress. idrk what virtual console is, when does a Mew event happen I guess

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I've searched the GTS a few times and I've never even seen a lovely trade on offer. I guess I'll try depositing something and see what happens although I'm not thrilled about getting a hacked one

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

after the rave reviews it got in this thread I looked on Amazon for a copy of HGSS and lol at the prices, just, lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Flopsy posted:

I don't have any hacked ones. What are you willing to offer? And hell if you don't have anything I want I'll give you a shiny for free. Hows that?

I have a shiny Crustle and a shiny fire snail (idk its actual name) and all the legendaries you get from UM (none shiny). I just started playing again when US/UM came out for the first time since Yellow so I ain't got much of poo poo :(

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

PetraCore posted:

I'm figuring out breeding myself. I bred myself a shiny alolan vulpix and mawile and mimikyu in Moon, and I used the mawile and mimikyu in Ultra Sun. Not sure what I'm going to do next.

is there some sort of trick to breeding a shiny jawn

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I just finished the Alola Dex and needed some place to post about it when I realized I'd forgotten all about this thread. gosh.

anyway now I'm trying to put together a battle tree team and failing miserably at it. it's frustrating that none of the mons I used in story mode seem capable of doing anything than getting their clock cleaned

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Kikas posted:

America has no mythos

this is a truly astounding assertion

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Rudoku posted:

But then you prank that Gengar back and show it a real curse.

is this a euphemism

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Crosspeice posted:

Unfortunately the special Rockruff event for getting USUM around launch ended in January. If you're in Europe, you can get Entei or Raikou, depending on your version, but Americans have to go to Target starting April 22nd to get theirs.

is there anything special about them vs the one you catch in the ultra wormhole?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Crosspeice posted:

They're opposite to your version, so it lets you catch Suicune.

oh. well I already traded for the one I didn't have so meh

e: goddamn why is Kartana so loving good in the Battle Tree

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I hate whatever dev decided to make R-Dex even more annoying

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Stakataka is the cutest Ultra Beast imo

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I just got a shiny level 100 Kyurem in a Wonder Trade. what's going on

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

well drat, I wish they'd sent me a Shaymin

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I picked up Alpha Sapphire cause gen IV was the only one I had never played through and wow is it dry

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I got the one I never played before (Hoenn), I just confused the number!!!!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

if it's really just a remake of Yellow with a bunch of Pokemon Go integration, that's very disappointing. USUM was so strong - easily my favorite entry in the series - and I worry this could be a big step back. also Pokemon Go loving sucks, don't integrate that poo poo

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

to evolve into its ghost form, it has to level up and then faint within the same battle

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Eevee is a good dog.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

yo the switch game looks like TRAAAAAAAAAAAASH son

Vinylshadow posted:

The 2019 games, meanwhile, are what they see as their way to move the handheld experience forward, and they've been working on it since before the Switch released which is why they won't be as influenced by Go.

how about NO influence?? why can't they just keep that poo poo for the Let's Go line

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Bleck posted:

this may come as a surprise but 2 hours doing something tedious and unfun is actually a problem

also that basically writes off all the time you have to spend doing research at the (minimum) three different websites mentioned

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

having declared that researching, preparing, and breeding pokemon for competative battles is too difficult and tedious, I've decided that my next goal is breeding 9 shiny Eevees

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

^^I have a perfect IV Ditto but I traded for it so odds are it was hacked, I don't care (I love it)

Kikas posted:

Remeber that you need like 2 with the hidden ability for good competetive evos :science:

explain. so far I'm just aiming for amenable natures for the different evos, and while I'm not especially interested in doing competitive (see below) if it's not too much of a hassle I may as well go for it

.TakaM posted:

Surprised how many of you don't seem to really care about online battles and trading, without online features it sorta makes the whole game seem pointless to me

the online competitive stuff seems so opaque to me. it seems like you just cross-reference a bunch of spreadsheets and then do what they output, and if you don't play according to the prevailing wisdom you don't seem to have a chance. I totally understand why that would be fun to some people, but I'm not looking to invest that much effort. why haven't they introduced a tiered match-finding system (like battle.net used to have when I played WCIII) that would match you up with an opponent of similar skill level, or introduce a level handicap where the standard is lvl 50 and it goes up or down depending on how great or lovely you are

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

pixilate Sylveon@Life Orb with hyper beam, hyper voice, yawn, and protect is a goddamn beast in the Battle Tree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Vinylshadow posted:

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1004514234149924865

Key word: Bridesmaid, not bride

Machamp all the way, so he can carry the rings, throw petals, and guide the bride to the altar

Mime Jr, shiny Sylveon, and Primarina, with Mew as Maid of Honor