Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Geokinesis posted:

It is a shame Meowth evolves into persian.

I feel this way about Psyduck. Golduck looks so dumb in comparison. Persian also sucks. I dread the day they ruin Farfetch'd by giving him a lovely looking evolution. #KeepFarfetchdPure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Calaveron posted:

Farfetch'd megaevo where he's holding leeks AND salt and pepper shakers

Keep your mega evo TRASH away from my pure perfect Farfetch'd :mad:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

That ridiculous Eevee animation where she gets powered up by all the Eeveelutions like she's about to unleash an insane powerful multi-eevee attack only to have the camera go back to the boring battle screen and go "eevee's attack rose sharply!" was pretty funny.

That werewolf is just more cememting my choice of Pokemon Moon as the better choice

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Dawson's Creek Rowlet loving rules. To hell with the other two starters

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

ALFbrot posted:

So let me get this straight.

Dartrix: throws blades really good, very accurate
Torracat: big buff rowdy boy, very strong
Brionne: loves to dance

Popplio confirmed best starter

Dartrix has that 90s WB white guy hairstyle and he is PERFECT. I hope Brionne gets caught in a boat propeller

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Calaveron posted:

For those unable to youtube, could we get a picture of what's new in this trailer

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Golden Goat posted:

What is everybody gonna name their starter?

I'm...

not gonna name any of my Pokemon

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I'd like to trade in the Alolan Forms for more new Pokemon please. I wish they'd stop doing that. I love the designs of some of them, but I would prefer more new Pokemon instead. I didn't like when they did this with Megas either.

I'm in the minority I guess based on this thread but I'm never a fan when one of the games doesn't have a full roster and pads it out with old Pokes. Give me only new Pokemon, all the time.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Blazing Zero posted:

i like the megas, primals, the alolan forms, all of them are good. do you also want nintendo to ditch shinies? just curious

its weird having seen this many RPGs use different colored versions of the same baddies in their games and feeling like that imo

Shinies aren't really the same thing, they don't fill out the roster like Megas and Alolan forms do

Golden Goat posted:

The Alola forms are pretty much new pokemon.

They're not. Dugtrio just now has beautiful golden locks. He's still Dugtrio tho

But like I said I'm in the minority

On the other hand I love that new Pokemon with the big mushroom hat.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Also those new legendaries are loving weird as hell and I love it. Buff mosquito man and giant gaping maw grab own. I don't know what to make of the walking plug monster and the cirque du soleil tent ghost

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

oddium posted:

alohan formes have new looks, new typing, new abilities, probably new stats, most likely new moves. but they're not new !!

:rolleyes: Okay I give up posting about this

Wimpod's evolution is awesome and I will kill every Pikachu and Raticate I see with him and eat their insides

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Dr. Fetus posted:

Those aren't legendaries. Heck, they might not even be Pokemon in terms of story and stuff.

??? What are they?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Geostomp posted:

I thought the Ultra Beasts were specifically not Pokemon, therefore not catchable?

What the gently caress. Jesus Christ

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

McDragon posted:

ultra beasts are just mega evos for people

e: prof oak's cousin should be an ultra beast

I am so unbelievably let down :(

I want the buff mosquito

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I thought Pokemon Quest was on phones as well as Switch. I'm not seeing it in the app store

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Well I downloaded it on Switch then. Man this Pokemon Quest game is... nothing. It's actually nothing.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I feel like the girl player characters almost always have the better character designs. The only boy one that really stands out to me is the Black and White 2 one

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Hopefully gym battles don’t work the same cause I absolutely HATE the tapping and swiping to dodge poo poo. HATE it. It contributed a lot to killing the game for me cause I just hated to process of gym battles

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Whew, dodged a bullet. They almost tainted my pure sweet Farfetch'D with a worthless evolution.

edit: Pre-evolution Meowth kicks rear end though

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/heyshanmurphy/status/1002369200516747264

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/raegarooni/status/1002706725357563904

Nintendo, put this good boy in, you loving cowards

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

less laughter posted:

[chants]

No more Megas
More regular evolutions
No more Megas
More regular evolutions

I agree with this. I know people like megas, and there are totally some mega designs that are cool, but I'll never be as excited for a mega evolution as I would be a real evolution or a whole brand new Pokemon.

Except Farfetch'D, keep your filthy disgusting evolution wanting hands off my pure good non-evo Farfetch"D

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I LOVE THIS POKEMON TO DEATH

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

IDONTPOST posted:

I've been fine with every design ever including the ice cream cone, this mon sucks rear end.

Maybe you should listen to your username bitch

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

indigi posted:

the ice cream cone is good, bitches. here's a shiny Poipole code, if you claim it you have to tell me what pokemon you love that the majority of people consider ugly/dumb looking/useless

A878 E52Q 55U3 XAFR

Also not claiming the code, but I loving love Klefki. It's just a pair of keys I LOVE IT. Also it's fairy type so it's super effective against loving DRAGONS so being able to beat the poo poo out of dragons with a bunch of door and car keys rules. Also one of my fondest Pokemon memories was basically one shotting the Mega Gyrados in X & Y with my car keys

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I’m honestly going to be so sad if that adorable nuthead is just a placeholder :(

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Sea Lily posted:

they're letting people catch it officially in pokemon go, right now. ive seen two of them today. its not a placeholder

Year but aren’t they all transforming into Ditto?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Aristide posted:

Honestly, everything about it screams dummy model but I guess the community is so thirsty for Gen 8 info that it'll latch on to anything.

I'm not even thirsty for Gen 8 info, all of my thirst is currently concentrated on Smash reveals and leaks. I just think it's a cute Pokemon

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Haha!! He's not just a placeholder for the stupid chameleon trash, he's a very real good Pokemon!!!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

McDragon posted:

I would like a plushy Meltan

https://twitter.com/BoiraPlushies/status/1044588209273884672

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I'm gonna make sure all of you who are talking poo poo on the very cute Meltan and his very good design are promptly arrested

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Lugubrious posted:

Currently enjoying my first Pokemon game in almost 20 years, figured I'd try and blend in with the locals

This is amazing

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Dehry posted:

OK that's just a human dressed like a Pokemon. We have lots of those.

Uh they're alled "gijinkas" come on :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c38FKdSJaWA

I LOVE THEM

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Excuse me. I cheated on a single thing back in gen 1: acquiring Mew via Game Genie/Game Shark, because you couldn't get him at the time any other way. I caught all 150 of the rest of them LEGITIMATELY :colbert:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Dienes posted:

If I recall correctly, there was a simple way to get unlimited steps in the Safari Zone. If you turn the direction you're facing, but didn't move from the spot you were standing on, it would count as a step for encounters but not towards the stop limit for the Safari Zone. As long as you just rotated and place in that one spot you had unlimited time. Walk to the area you wanted to catch in, and you were set.

HAHA that's right! I remember doing that. good times. I'm sad I'll never get that same sense of initial wonder and excitement from Pokemon as I did when Red and Blue first came out when I was a kid.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Spanish Manlove posted:

I figured the 3DS is about as dead as disco anyway

God I wish.

They ported Kirby's Epic Yarn to 3DS instead of Switch and I'm like... why

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

This Pokemon is one of those ones that remind you the whole idea of ghost Pokemon is really drat weird.

Its evolution looks sick as hell though

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Tired Moritz posted:

not enough Klefki fans.... goons have bad taste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Ignite Memories posted:

It is extremely important that everyone tell me their favorite stage-1 pokemon

Psyduck. Incidentally my favorite Pokémon in general. I do not like Golduck nearly as much.