Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I'm very interested in this game after the wave of new gameplay videos. Looks like a lot of polish went into it and I love the location/era.

Seems to be slipping under the radar with most people though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Tatum Girlparts posted:

from how it sounds yea. You get a very clear icon of the snitches, and they have to physically run to the phone, usually while shouting "I'M CALLING THE POLICE". You can either bail while they're doing that or just go shove them down and scare them into not calling.

Can we damage pay phones? I think I saw that but could be hallucinating.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Disgusting Coward posted:

This thread is a tad depressing.

"Sure, the game has reported issues, there's a review embargo and Mafia 2 was iffy at best and had been cut to ribbons for DLC purposes but omg i get to kill Klansmen take my money take it take all my cash."

Amazon just started doing the "20% off within two weeks of launch" thing in Canada which has me considering cancelling all my e3 sale preorders ironically (previously the only way to get 20% off). Definitely a bit worried about this one.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Nemesis would be a lot better in this than mordor. But I'm one of those weirdos who thought mordor sucked.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I am willing to admit this may suck too. I was gonna sit down and watch Angry Joe's two part gameplay videos and try not to fall asleep but honestly this will be attempt number 2.

Didn't help that "other Joe" was absolutely terrible at the game though.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

drunkill posted:

Youtubers are bad at games. There are exceptions, if they do not talk at all and pre-record the video they can be alright at games. If it is a livestream and they commentate they tend to suck.

There are lots of amazing YouTube gamers that I watch. But Other Joe is just Angry Joe's friend/sidekick who is usually the butt of the jokes in the little skits they do. I don't even think he's much of a gamer.

e.g.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaBWJNec2Ic

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Oct 5, 2016

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Deakul posted:

Golf!
Darts!
Tennis!
Hunting!
The movies!
The amusement park!
And just going sightseeing!

Not to mention the bajillion side missions.

Whether or not any of this stuff is fun to you is a whole other story.

I never did any of these things more than once but still consider GTA 5 to be one of my fav games ever. Did every single side mission.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

60fps is a ps4 pro exclusive.

Also I accepted the delivery from amazon and took off the shrink wrap oh no what have i done

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Very positive first impressions for me. Graphics are amazing (like almost Uncharted 4 calibre), music is great, guns feel great, driving feels great, plot/writing/acting seems top notch... it gets a little chuggy when driving around quickly but no worse than any other open world game on PS4.

One possible anachronistic thing though, the first truck you drive has a back-up beeping noise. I'm 36 and seem to remember those being something that only started in the last couple decades. No?

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Oct 7, 2016

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Afraid of Audio posted:

according to wikipedia (i know) the first one was developed in '63

Hmm, wonder when they were widely used. I'm in Canada too so maybe it was different (although we tend to be pretty gung-ho on safety regulations).

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Hahaha 2k totally knew this game was gonna be a flaming trainwreck at launch

What? I think this game could be one of the best of the year. It's really excellent and brings a lot of nice new touches to the genre.

I was a little bit worried about it getting samey like some people complained but then there was the amusement park and everything kicked back into high gear.

p.s. oh there are PC port issues? Running great on PS4 (not trying to sound smug)

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Oct 8, 2016

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

eleven extra elephants posted:

Did my game just glitch out? I'm in the intro bank heist, got the machine gun and then the first person I shot it cuts straight to a cutscene?

You go back to that scene later and carry on from that moment.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Songbearer posted:

What's the general concensus? I'm getting a mixed bag here. I loved Mafia 1 because of its storytelling but Mafia 2 felt like a huge disappointment for me, so I'm kind of wary about this game. I admire its setting and the presentation looks great, but I can't get a bead on the gameplay.

Looks like wait for a patch if on PC, buy on ps4 of you are a fan of repetitive open world games with good writing, setting, controls and graphics. Hasn't been too repetitive for me yet.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Dapper_Swindler posted:

hope the PS4/xbone get patched too.

What's to be patched on console? This is one of the most glitch-free open world games I've played.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Utnayan posted:

Basically three story missions... At least they sound better than the same missions we keep playing through this entire game. :(

Everything else is cosmetics and honestly, all the poo poo that should have been in since launch anyway like GTA 5. Witcher 3 DLC was countless story missions, and free cosmetics/armor/cards etc. Would have liked to see the missions described for the DLC in the game... It would have broken up at least SOME of the monotany. It's a struggle right now to even continue playing because it isn't getting any better. Interrogate, kill, deplete boss resources, kill boss. Over, and over, and loving over again. The only thing I remember being different that was cool? Blowing up a construction site and using the fallen crane as a bridge to the boss. I would even take more of that right now.

It sucks because the story is loving fantastic, and the voice acting is good. The shooting rocks and hitting different parts of the body does different things to them. Just solid. Then it's mission time and its mission 33 of the same 32 missions.

Are you trying to do every side mission? If so, stop.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Powershift posted:

The studio has only been around for 21 months, i think it's quite obvious what happened.

They were formed, and inherited a half-finished xbox 360 game. They then spent 7 months building a story around free-roam missions, and the next 12 months smoking weed on the company dime.

That explains why all the buildings and roads and physics and stuff are absolute garbage. The map and engine was built by a previous team for an xbox 360 gen game and pulled out of the trash and pasted together for this release.

Posts like this make me think they must have put 99% of their effort into the PS4 version.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Utnayan posted:

Posts like that make me wonder if we al just got hosed in the rear end by 2K (Ted Bundy) trying to recoup on 4 stop starts on an 11 year old platform. Because aside from the story, it looks and feels like I am playing a 720p game even on my PS4 with all the missions copy pasted for 20 hours with different named bosses. Because there's literally NO variation aside from one mission I played where I was able to detonate explosives on a crane, crane fell, and I used that when I came back to make my way to the boss. Up until then, and after that for another 7 hours, it went back to the same drat poo poo.

Am I missing something here? How are people differentiating the story missions? They are the same subset and set with different names.

Hey man I am a jaded gamer too and am worried about it getting samey but you seem to be playing a shitload of hours per day and maybe that is hurting your experience?

Doesn't explain the graphics complaints though, I think it looks great.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I went quite far into Burke's story and am still loving it. Starting to feel like Zaphod in the No Man's Sky thread though.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

HORMELCHILI posted:

I think its more that people play the game for four-five hours in a row then come into the thread complaining that the game is repetitive (it is, to be fair), and instead of mentioning that they had fun playing the same mission types for four hours in a row, all they post about is how offended they are that the devs would think that a pc gamer in 2016 would accept the lack of mission diversity.

Exactly. I've played a lot, but take a break after two hours like a normal human being is supposed to do.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Utnayan posted:

Oh please continue to enthrall us with how we should play our games and when a game design sucks, we should just play it less like normal human beings. :allears:

In your case it sounds like you should just stop playing? And hopefully posting.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Kontradaz posted:

You clearly can't handle criticism of a game you play lol.

Any brief perusal of my posts in this forum will make it clear that isn't true lol

I play nearly every big game and I'm ok if people hate this or anything else. I like it so far, may agree with the repetitive criticisms later.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Definitely getting some more graphical/audio glitches in River Run. Maybe some areas are more stable than others?

Also getting some repetition fatigue, basically going stealth every time like this now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXLByJngNwY

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Utnayan posted:

Just finished. Holy poo poo watch through the credits.

Fantastic story. One of the best told in games. Fantastic voice acting. Great character building. Fantastic music. And the end missions in each story arc / district were very fun to play through. Execution was horrible, bugs were plentiful, and the PC version is still a train wreck. Too many filler missions doing the same thing over and over and needed variation in the mission structure during those times leading up to the final mission, of which all were very good. Just needed a lot more of them.

But the story (especially the last scene after the credits) made up for the monotony.

Glad the story continues to be great to the end. The trickle drip of story stuff is keeping me going.

Did you try to do any loyalty missions/is there a worthwhile payoff? I'm seeing a giant amount of games + PSVR arriving in the near future and wondering if I should just blow through it.

I just had the "sit down," how far am I from finishing?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

BigglesSWE posted:

Well there are a sit down after each major story killing, if that's what you're referring to?

No I'm referring to an actual mission/cut scene where you call a sitdown with your three buddies in some abandoned mansion in the swamp and see Vito/Cassandra/Burke interact together for the first time.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

BigglesSWE posted:

You ain't even started, boi.

Figured as much, just wondering if I am like 25% complete or closer to 50.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Utnayan posted:

You have a long way to go lol. :) all districts. If you blow through it (get Vito on your side and you can call in his hit team which do tremendous amounts of damage) or should take you about 8 hours. I have done a few of the loyalty missions for Vito, but since I can go back I will do all of them. I was hoping to see if anything happened to Joe.

I've had the hit squad for a while, feels like a cheat code. So weird how they send you on all these missions that are either over in a second or can be completed by ai.

Getting Rise of the Tomb Raider tomorrow (significant preorder discount) and a bunch of PSVR stuff on Thursday, then BF1 and TF2 the next week... And I was still enjoying Destiny and RS Siege... This time of year is annoying/fun.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

IGN finally got their review out. Similar to the goon consensus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b11sOrt_FXc

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I'm enjoying this more than Sleepy Dogs. Plot is better and driving/gunplay is better, although fist fighting is definitely worse.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Joe Gillian posted:

You can take random people as human shields, do kung fu and stuff people in the trunk of your car. Oh, and you can leap out of your car in midair and shoot the tank to carpet bomb. Sleeping Dogs is easily superior.

I said sleeping dogs had better fighting.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Haha I got a glitch where Lincoln won't stop yelling things like he does in combat so while ordering cars/ammo etc he sounds like Mr T now.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Hotel tower mission was pretty great. I still really like this game.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

And then the game crashed again. As much as I loving love this series this game is a literally unplayable buggy mess on every single platform apparently.

Nah just the occasional open world oddity glitch on ps4, no worse than AC, far cry or GTA.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Did anyone else kill Cassandra? I can't figure out what to do next, seemed to suggest she'd be replaced by a guy named Emmanuel and there's a green "search" circle around her former hide out. But I can't get anything to trigger. Help?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Wow, this thread is completely dead already. Did not expect that.

I just finished the game and really enjoyed it. Definitely best played in one hour doses, I pushed hard to finish today and can see how it would be tiresome for those who finished weeks ago. Also can't understand how it's physically possible to finish this weeks ago, but that's another story.

Great plot, great driving and shooting, great setting, nice graphics besides some weird lighting. I know the PC version was a turd but I don't understand why I'm in such a small minority in thinking it was great. Usually I'm much more picky than the average goon.

• Locked thread