Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
If you're not using the Planeswalker font, I feel bad for you, son.

Also my preferred weather/ENB mod of choice: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75346/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

GunnerJ posted:

Anyone know the basis of Sony's objection to modding "where users can do anything they want" with the game? It seems like some kind of liability concern.

sony execs probably googled "skyrim mods" and clicked on the first result

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
The horse physics are pretty good too.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Davoren posted:

This whole upgrade thing sounds like a huge pain in the rear end, better be worth it.

I'm anticipating better performance (Fallout 4's engine is much, much better than any iteration of ~~~gamebryo~~ we've seen to date) at the risk of being a few months without a few critical mods.

I'll probably play the game again (and maybe finish?) it vanilla once through for the new version, and then get back to the modding game, which as we all know is the actual game.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Yeah the new engine is awesome. Spawned 200 NPCs without a crash. :getin:

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Basic Chunnel posted:

There aren't any mods out that allow jumping from sprint, are there?

For the regular game, better jumping is a simple skse plugin that does this

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

wiegieman posted:

Is there a mod (or an .ini tweak, I don't care) that removes all the motion blur/depth of field/etc. nonsense? I already miss fxaa post process injector.

DoF is in the graphics menu in game

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
very much looking forward to JK's Skyrim + Open Cities, since that can be a thing now.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Frostfall is just fine I think, but the eat/drink/poop mods are what I don't find as enjoyable. Frostfall actually feels like a (better) vanilla skyrim system.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

I bet if you put this up as a config on the Nexus it would hit file of the month, no lie. Gonna check this out tonight.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Burns posted:

JK's Whiterun has been updated to work with Open Cities.

Basically the mods I am now most wanting are Interesting NPCs, Inconsequential NPCs and Immersive Armors. Anyone see those converted yet?

Also, how do I check to ensure that vsync is disabled?

Awesome. This is one of the things I've wanted in the 64 bit engine. Gonna check this out tonight.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Open Cities + JKs Whiterun running at 60 FPS is loving glorious.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Jordan7hm posted:

It doesn't.

Use the nexus mod manager and the updated version of Loot (through the NMM). Its pretty straightforward, very similar to MO.

Actually, it does work with this plugin MO2.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1725/

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Making a manual patch is always going to be superior, but it is such a pain in the rear end. Bash and Smash still don't know how to "correctly" handle records in all cases, so sometimes things like object placement or rotation will need to be patched manually.

I usually run a manual patch after my Bashed Patch, 0.esp to clean up any conflicts not resolved by Bash. Works pretty good.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Psion posted:

Open Cities is bad :colbert:

like not in concept, but it's one of those cases where Bethesda made a decision that was, on balance, the correct one

Counterpoint: Open Cities is Good and Cool, and Stable on SSE.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Rinkles posted:

at*

Wish Mod Organizer handled EBN files as well. The few utilities I found seem unreliable.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/67077/

Works great for every bethesda game that supports it.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
MO actually does have SSE support. I ended up installing MO via the setup option, copied the MO directory over to my C:\games\steamapps\skyrim se directory, installed the plugin from the nexus, and ran in portable mode.

The only downside is the BSA enumeration, you can't see what is overwriting (MO2 limitation right now) as well as save games and some general wonkieness with the INI files.

However, the activation of mods and management of mods is so much better than anything else out there.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

potaties posted:

Thanks for this, just came to the thread to see if there was an easy way to use MO for SSE yet. Are the savegame issues you're talking about just profile-specific problems? I don't actually use profile-specific saves very often anyway.

I can post specific instructions, I don't know exactly about the save games, but I think there is a gap in what is virtualized and what not.

But the important thing is that the Data\ directory remains clean, which is the biggest selling point for MO, in my opinion.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

KakerMix posted:

I finished up Wheels of Lull last night. Was super rad but man I take issue with "gameplay is going back and forth through platforming sections with damaging balls that fly back and forth across the screen" ideas especially when there is no ingame justification for them. Taken with the fact that it doesn't look like trainwiz converted it to SSE properly as I ran into a few exploding meshes and had to use the console to get past a few different puzzles because of some hit box scaling bug with a certain fight toward the end. I also don't really like the 'no you cant use your powers you have to play it THIS WAY' sort of design as that runs counter to how Bethesda games tend to play. But man, the characters, voice acting and lore dumping owns and the visual design was great. The very last boss fight was wicked cool looking too even if it was a bit shallow.

EDIT

I also went and converted JK's Skyrim to SSE, the complete version as seen here.

i really want to get the full version of this for Open Cities, what did you do to convert this? Open in CK, then patch in SSEdit?

With FPS no longer an issue for SSE, Open Cities is the way to go. Something about walking into Whiterun for the first time and not having to see a loading screen is really, really rad and reminds me of the Witcher games.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

GunnerJ posted:

drat, not even the thread title cuts this poo poo out.

For what it is worth, it's been like this in every modding thread I've ever seen on these forums. A shame, since the OPs are so well done.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
LOOT is a good starting point, I've found that I have to manually move ESPs to get the overrides I want

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Correct, at first run MO will copy/pull whatever is in My Documents\My Games\Skyrim or w/e to use as your base INI files.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
FYI Chesko's mod for hunger/poopsock mechanics, Last Seed, is out.

It's an early version but thus far looks promising, I'll be ditching iNeed for it once CACO support is live.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Saw some interesting news on the Skyrim subreddit about ENBboost potentially unlocking the 4+ GB VRam limit for DX9.

Might be some time but this could be huge boon to modding if so.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
It definitely is more stable, and a much smoother experience. Lack of SKSE hurts, though, and there are enough hacks/fixes based on SKSE that you can at least get Oldrim to be somewhat stable.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Emerson Cod posted:

Ah - that second spoiler is actually the only quest I mostly wrote and one of the first we actually did - glad you enjoyed it! Pretty early on it was clear that managing the team and merging into the esm was more than enough to fill up the time I had on the project, so I shifted towards that. The condition on that line is looking at the wrong stage of the vanilla quest. I think its being addressed in 1.3 but I'll report it for 1.4 if not. Pretty sure that one is my fault.

any word on anime cat tit support for BEYOND SKYRIM ~~~~ BRUMA goon sir?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
CBBE immersive HDT enabled lore friendly cat tit jiggle physics

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Ordinator is very good, I have changed from SPERG to all of Enai's mods (six total?) and have been pretty happy with it thus far.

I do think I'll try running the SPERG/Ordinator patch just because I like both mods so much, and the concept of what SPERG does combined with how interesting Ordinator perks are is a good idea.

Seconding Requiem being a bit too obtuse for Skyrim engine/game systems. It is a large and impressive undertaking, but not enjoyable to play (at least the first 25 levels or so, I never really get further than that since you always end up "god like" regardless of overhaul mods)

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
It doesn't have anything to do with level or "zone" scaling, and in fact I'm using Static PermaZones together with the SKSE plugin that lets enemies continue scaling right now. The problem with Requiem is that the lower levels (until about 12-15), the player is extremely weak and you end up having to result to cheese to actually level up and get past it.

I think the big downside to Requiem is that the inspiration for it is old games like Baldur's Gate et el that really don't translate well to Skyrim's game systems/engine, and that is the problem.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Don't ever compare a masterpiece like bg to a shoddily balanced grindfest like Requiem. Baldurs gate doesn't have nearly the mindnumbing mechanics and relentless difficulty curve Requiem does.

Certainly not comparing it, I'm just quoting from what is on the Requiem :nexus: page.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Seashell Salesman posted:

What are the good static level mods? I didn't see any in the OP.

Try Static PermaZones.

Also requiem is good if you enjoy poopsocking a single player rpg i guess

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Enai-rim is my recommended way to play these days, it is so good and all his mods together are really cohesive and make for a really good experience, without trying to poopsock the game.

I do recommend balancing some of the perks and whatnot with a decent uncapper setting, as well as using SkyTweak on top of everything to tweak. Also AnimalTweaks or similar to make animals hard as gently caress, and Skyrim Immersive Creatures (use the purist MCM option) and OBIS to really make things interesting.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
You can do this with Smashed Patch:

1) Fire up Mator Smash, select your TES5 profile
2) Select all your mods, wait for the program to load
3) Click the fourth button on the toolbar at the top (Manage Smash Settings)
4) Scroll down to "Ungrouped", right click Skip and select "New Setting"
5) Name the setting on the right hand panel
6) Under the panel "Tree", right click "Records". Click "Build", and then "Build from Plugins"
7) Right Click => Select all your plugins EXCEPT Skyrim.esm
8) Right click on Records again => Autoset Attributes, click yes to the Nodes warning
9) Right click Records one last time, and select "Prune", then "Autoprune Records"
10) Click save, and then use this new setting in your Smashed Patch.

Basically, what this does, is scan plugins for tags, as well as record conflicts (so load order is important here) and automatically create a patch based on those conditions. Fire the finished patch up in TES5Edit, and clean it. Then do the same thing, but this time use a conflict resolution filter, and take a look at some of the changed records.

In my experience thus far, this method has been pretty good and has resulted in minimal tweaking post-patch.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Syd Midnight posted:

Thanks! That seems to work a lot better than just relying on the bashed tags

I've never seen a really comprehensive step-by-step for the entire "install Skyrim -> install MO -> install mods -> [?] -> play Skyrim" process. I'd like to make one, putting together all my how-to.txt files. I applied to the goon wiki but it looks dead. Is it worth putting any effort into?

Another point is that some mods may already have smashed settings associated to them. I tend to skip those and just apply the automatic settings to mods without any settings.

And yeah, Smashed Patch is wonderful and I've found far more effective than the combination of Bashed/Merged.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Enairim has reinvigorated my love for Skyrim.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
MO is still under development FYI. It's been taken over by a small team, their discord is somewhat active.

Seems like Tannin mostly left the project undocumented, though.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Seems like Creation Club killed any chance of SKSE64

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Isn't that the heightmap included in the base files?

Also just getting back into Skyrim modding, glad to see I was wrong about SKSE64. The Creation Club is a bit weirder, though, I have mixed feelings on it. Survival is really cool, since the Creation Club allows for a bunch of new changes that weren't possible via the actual Creation Club SDK, it feels a bit smoother than iNeed/Frostfall so far for me.

Also I'm going to look at contributing to Mod Organizer 2 development now that I have a bunch more free time and a better job situation. My two goals are to help get it stabilized with Skyrim SE, and also add Morrowind support. Just finished setting up my dev environment, so hope it goes well.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Frionnel posted:

So, is there any way to make SKSE 64 work with Mod Organizer 2at the moment? Am i missing something?

With the current release on the :nexus:, it is hit or miss. There was a version posted a few days ago by some dude on the MO project that worked with SKSE64 and ESL files, but it was seriously janky.

Betas (read: Alphas) are posted on the MO discord testers channel - here is one from today - https://mega.nz/#!Udo1EDpR!zuaa8qE2nwmYJyXzdEoXQr1h6m-cakfCJ2C57aLF4Fw

YMMV, though. It is generally unstable at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Another good measure is Enhanced Camera, which fakes first person and uses third person everything