Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

You are. SKSEČ is not yet a thing and SPERG leans on it a great deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

Nissir posted:

Well crap. Thanks for your quick response, is there something similar out there, or when they remastered it did they made the skill system better?

They didn't. People in this thread have been looking to Ordinator as a passable alternative.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

KakerMix posted:

Does Ulfric have ~the voice~ because they start off by saying he shouted the high king apart but did he really?

he did train with the oldfarts for an extended period of time

as for the fight itself, he just fightin' worded the boy on his rear end and then poked him with his sword a li'l, he'll dispel the rumor himself if you ask

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

Eric the Mauve posted:

As a pretty clueless user I will attest that MO is super easy to use and if you can't figure out how to run a modded game through MO then I don't know what to say beyond you're unintelligent and/or severely lacking in ability and/or willingness to read simple instructions.

i once had to verbally slap a boy over the head once for being unable to figure out how an .ini file works

...on the dwarf fortress modding forums

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

GunnerJ posted:

The Unofficial Patch is a worrying thing in a way because it's become so essential yet I don't think anyone has a clear idea what's in it.

The changelog by my last reckoning does tell what was changed and why in fairly reasonable words, it's just that it's the size of an average constitution

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

"patch" implies fixing what is broken. everybody can agree that this is universally a Good Thing, fixing broken things that aren't as they were intended. if your "fixes" don't pass that test amongst your userbase, there's a good chance that you're overstepping your boundaries as a fixboy

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

Max Wilco posted:

Is there a recommended mod for replacing the default font? I looked through the OP, but I don't think there was one suggested, or I totally missed it.

The Mod Formerly Known As Fhaarkas Font Mod is pretty bangin

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

gmq posted:

How... how do you even mod without LOOT?

the same way you do as before, it's just that you need to figure out through reference and trial-error what .esps you can reconcile the easy way by just piling them up in the correct order

you could, in essence, get a totally random load order to play exactly as intended with nothing but a single merged patch .esp at the end which arbitrates all conflicts. it's just that compiling that one by hand in TES5Edit would take eons

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

wait what

is this suggesting that SPERG used the script extender only to implement the skill/perk growth and scaling rates and all of the rest was handled with the basic tools

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

Deified Data posted:

So is it basically SkyUI without the mod menu?

ye

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

counterfeitsaint posted:

Are there any SE mods yet that let you control your leveling speed? There's one that cuts it by 50% but I usually like to do more than that.

SkyTweak did it on the fly, but it was more a real-time access to the dials that you'd have to modify an .esp for. Take that one you've found and just adjust that to your liking, if you look at the changes it makes in TESVEdit to the original you should be able to see how the crucial numbers work.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

Where does it go wrong? Are the recipes wrong and looking for the default meat items instead? Are the animals dropping meat that doesn't occur in the HB recipe bank? Do you have the meat but the cooking menu refuses to acknowledge they're sitting in your pocket? Does your basic venison-over-campfire require something else like salt which you've simply overlooked?

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

docbeard posted:

"Oh I just got my computer back from being repaired", I said. "Maybe I'll play some Skyrim, it's all modded up already so I can just jump in," I said. "Eh, maybe I'll check to see if anything's been upgraded," I said.

oh god

the cycle of destruction is a constant in the universe

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

cerhio posted:

Maybe someone can answer this question about Mod Organizer:

If it keeps all the mods organized without overwriting them does that mean that simply unchecking the mod on the list is equivalent to deleting it if it were done through the copy/paste method of installing mods? I'm curious if deleting Skyrim and then reinstalling it would require me to redownload all the mods I have.

yes, that's what it means and no, it would not

that's why it owns

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

Sure is, but there are a handful of overlapping features like material salvaging. Turn those bits off in SPERG's config and everything should be hunky dory.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

sebmojo posted:

Not for me, I loved it. Makes the mountains matter.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

This sounds like everything I've ever wanted in one of these games. It's like the wall in the Lombard Station mod in New Vegas, only 100x better. I love sneaking around, I love looting, and I love collecting this loot. Skyrim's biggest crime, in my eyes, was a massive lack of cool loot.

yeah for all its bloat and groaning under its own mechanical weight, it adds a lot to the experience

there's even a room for all the "unique but worthless" quest poo poo like prison shivs and ancestral shields, which you can replicate for the racks once the job's done (and those all have unique models now because of course they do)

and yes it's like the weapon wall in Lombard Station, but there's a wall for all the artifacts and there's a wall for all the armors and there's a wall for all the daedric artifacts and there's a wall for all the gemstones and there's a wall for literally every fuckin book and treasure map and

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

I think the one stand-out khajiit I can even remember was from interesting NPCs. fa'nar suffers a bit from body dysmorphia, seeing as how he's the only cat in known history to become a giant slab of muscle instead of a string-thin meth ninja

he even recites a story from his youth where he tried to put an end to his being a chunky kid by working at a sawmill, but was just confused when the backbreaking labor only made him bigger instead. he rolled with it and is more at home pretending to be a nord with big steel and big hammers now, incl. dropping that talking in third person poo poo.
it might just resonate with me because my first character concept in skyrim was basically "no cat what are you doing", a max-weight tiger dude sneaking around in full plate and heavy weapons

but eh, inigo still owns

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

What's weird about this?

i bet if you showed this picture to the guy who made the "bows that look kinda boring but actually make sense in the real-bow world" mod, you'd annihilate both in a burst of energy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

Wasn't Chesko's ending statement basically that a food system in Skyrim only makes sense if you abstract away the "just eat something I came across idc" and only leave in the rewards for giving a poo poo and eating right?