Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Node posted:

Well, it was guarded by a a master conjurer who kicked my rear end. What's a high minimum level exactly? I thought all areas in the game were determined by your level and stayed that way throughout the game.

Some areas have a minimum level (that isn't 1) and don't scale below it. E.g. if you're level 5 and enter a dwemer ruin that has a minimum level of 24 all the enemies will be scaled to level 24, not 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
You might note that there are dairy farmers, but no Skyrim mod pack makers. So that analogy doesn't quite work out.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
The ModOrganizer.exe in that picture has a date modified in 2015, you sure that's Mod Organizer 2 and not the old one?
e: Filesize also seems low, think cheesetriangles got this right

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Rinkles posted:

Death by trap. :smithcloud:

The temptation to reload was strong.

Is that one of the spinning blade dwemer traps? Hit her to kneeling and then double-tapped her?

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Rinkles posted:

level 28 or so. i've been to the greybeards and that's it. pretty much how all my playthroughs go.

I initially just did up to and including Horn of Jurgen Windcaller in my current game, but I later decided I want Dragonrend to force dragons on the ground.

Speaking of dragons, apparently Dragon War sometimed spawns a level 70 revered dragon when you're level 24 :stare:. Either that or something's broken in my setup (Phoenix Flavour with Pilgrim and True Directional movement added, I wouldn't expect that to affect dragon spawns...). Though I did pretty well against it in werewolf form, if I had had the Ring of Hircine to transform again after it timed out I might have been able to kill it. Or if I had thought to kill the nearby mudcrabs to feed and extend the transformation, maybe.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Rinkles posted:

All containers in your houses are 100% safe for storage, right?

PS. I've recruited Cosnach but I've given him like 85% resistance to fire in gear.

Almost certain everything in your houses is safe yeah, but you can always open the console and click on the container to check if you're worried.

e: Also maybe double up with magic resist too

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Soonmot posted:

It was in the armor tab but I swear it wasn't there yesterday.

Jack B Nimble posted:

Sometimes I don't see it until I highlight a piece of armor, so maybe make sure you do that.

Yeah pretty sure if the piece of apparel the cursor is on doesn't add armor rating it doesn't show.

also if it bugs out for some reason you could always do player.getav damageresist

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
Is there any mod that stops weapons from being unfavorited when you get disarmed?

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
The .exe, .dlls, and the .esms should be enough, but might as well grab the whole folder just in case.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Soonmot posted:

Pretty sure, I think the ambush thing was something I hosed up on initial setup. But everything I've googled about fast travel and quest has said it's super difficult to get back in. One suggestion says to download anther stand alone mod that adds craftable travel packs from zero dawn, but I don't want to gently caress up how well this runs. Plus I haven't even looked for Mark/recall since I've been ignoring magic

Rinkles posted:

I could never find the teleportation spell from Simon's magic overhaul.

I'm not sure if there are any hand placed copies of mark/recall. You can just buy them from Tolfdir or whoever else sells expert alteration spells in mysticism (someone on Solstheim I think), and they also show up in random loot (or at least mark does, I assume recall does too). I think there's a translimination tome somewhere though, but that might have been random loot too. Definitely didn't buy that one though, my conjuration was around 10 at that point.

Shalidor's beacon tome is in the arch-mage's quarters, and if you have Pilgrim installed you can buy X's Intervention at the temples of Kynareth/Dibella/Divines/Mara/Talos/Reclamations.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Fat Samurai posted:

Asked this a couple of days ago, but got lost in mod drama or something. If I'm using mods that require compatibility patches, do I merge the patch into the sme name mod, or is it better to change the name of the patch when installing?

How likely is it that you're going to drop some of the mods you're getting patches for from your load order? If you're getting a patch for mods A and B and are always going to be using both A and B, you might as well merge the patch to one of them. If you might get rid of one (without completely redoing your mod installs) then you probably want to keep them separate so you don't forget and have something bugging out.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
Unless I'm misunderstanding something the esps would still be separate regardless, they'd just be under one mod on the left pane instead of two. Purely an UI thing afaik

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Max Wilco posted:

I'm not ruling the idea out completely, though. MO2 seems to store the mods separately from the game files, so I could do a separate install of Wabbajack and switch between the two as needed. Someone said you could use Wabbajack without Nexus Premium, so it would probably just take a lot longer to download all the mods.

Pretty sure most Wabbajack lists have hundreds of mods. If you're willing to manually download all of them, sure, you don't need premium (and Wabbajack does open the mod pages for you in an inbuilt browser, you just need to download the files). Definitely don't do it in one sitting, though. Also IIRC Wabbajack lists come with their own MO2 copy.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

GunnerJ posted:

I've never heard the German lines but I have a feeling that "Der Drachegeboren? NEEEEEEIIIIIN!" is amazing.

It's still Dovahkiin, surely.

Also I actually didn't realize/remember that a bunch of the other lines in that fight are from the unofficial patch, too. That makes much more sense than Arthmoor deciding to just add a single voiced line (which was poo poo), though.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
Phoenix Flavour is pretty good (or was a year or two ago when I played it) if you want a Vanilla+ list. 75 GB installation size according to Wabbajack (+61 GB downloads, but you should be able to just delete those after installing).

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
TES doesn't really seem medieval at all tbh, manorialism doesn't seem to really be a thing, vassalage is maybe sorta there? And you've got printed books everywhere.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
Honestly the Redbelly thing could be mostly fixed by just changing the ore sample to ebony. You wouldn't need to change anything else from vanilla and it would more or less make sense.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
The Saints and Seducers Extended Cut mod is pretty good from what I've heard. The Reduced Cut mods for the Cause and Ghosts of the Tribunal seem like they might be good, though I haven't tried them. There's also the Civil War Champions reduced cut that just gives you the armor set at the battle of Windhelm/Solitude, which is nice, I guess?

Part of me also likes rare curios? But also I kind of hate having extra ingredients that I can only get from the Khajiit caravans. But rare curios is free anyway.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Leal posted:

Alright so, while as much as I love the VR version of Skyrim, my back and neck have severely deteriorated to the point I can't really play for longer than an hour (even sitting down). So I'm thinking of grabbing the flatscreen version while its on sale, will I need the anniversary edition to use the unofficial patch and other mods or can I just stick with the special edition?

Actually wasn't there just an update that got dropped and it broke a buncha poo poo? Maybe I should just stick with what I got

USSEP requires 1.6.1130, which is probably still a pain for compatibility, haven't been paying close attention. You can still grab the last 1.6.640 version off of Nexus though, since fortunately Nexus now only lets you hide old files instead of taking them down. If you want to get into get into flatrim right now you might want to look into downgrading to 1.6.640.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
Try selecting Irileth in the console (or other NPC not wearing clothes) and using the resetinventory command. (Also something's going wrong in your load order. If you have... more informative console? Or similar, you should be able to see the last plugin changing an NPC's record by clicking on them with the console open.)

Combat-wise I just use Blade & Blunt and True Directional Movement. I wouldn't recommend MCO or the like.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
And of course, some mods might just have too many records to fit in the FE address space used by ESLs and ESl-tagged ESPs.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Eric the Mauve posted:

Now if this technology got into the wild, it could be a game changer. People who can actually write plot and dialogue could do so and the AI could voice it all. You could one day see a mod that gives you a civil war questline that's actually complete and good and fully voiced. But very possibly you'd have to know where to look for it because of legal issues.

AI voices won't unfuck the civil war code. AFAIK the civil war is an absolute nightmare to mod, IIRC because a lot of it is from very early in development.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

celestial teapot posted:

Uhh, can you say more? Am I giving this guy access to my system or something? It doesn't update itself right?

No, but he might add another unhinged (and probably homophobic) rant into the loader message in future versions.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
Optional Quick Start just starts you in character creation at the end of the Helgen tunnel if you choose to skip the intro.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Gonkish posted:

So I managed, after quite a bit of work, to get the game to load but now I've run into a new problem: I can't move. The game simply refuses to recognize movement keys. I've checked, double-checked, and triple-checked everything related to controllers (it's off in the in-game menu, disabled in the .ini files in both the MyGames folder and MO2 -- just in case -- and I even went ahead and disabled SteamInput for Skyrim), but I still can't loving move. It doesn't recognize mouse or keyboard buttons at all, all I can do is look around.

I have no loving idea what is causing this and it's infuriating, because the game is otherwise working.

Incidentally, my previous problem was related to OAR not playing nice with Vanargard animations, I guess? I dunno. I removed the Vanargard stuff and it allowed the game to load, that's all I know.
Do your buttons work if try to launch a vanilla profile through MO2?

At least some of the Vanargand animations require OAR, so I'd be surprised if there was an incompatibility there. Some kind of Nemesis issue seems more likely. Or possibly a load order problem?

Eric the Mauve posted:

Have you tested consoling tcl and/or tfc?

The more relevant question might be if he can open the console at all. If none of his keyboard input is registering the console key (or opening the menu, for that matter) wouldn't work either. e: Oh never mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
You can endorse directly from MO2, which might mitigate that a bit. Still probably not a lot of people scrolling through their 900 mod wabbajack list and endorsing them, though.