Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

how anyone plays frostfall for more than an hour amazes me

it's a tedious minigame that puts a lot of strain on your game and adds a lot of crap you will never use. MAYBE if you're going full on realistic needs/diseases and want that added challenge, but Hypothermia does the same thing except doesn't add 10000 wool blanket scraps to lug around.

e: chesko fight me irl

Frostfall was fun for about 5 minutes.

I also got the Alternate Start mod and chose the wrecked ship on the northern coast. You start naked on ice cold water, about 100m away from the ice cold shore.

I got to Dawnstar after freezing to death 4 times and decided to never adventure again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Psion posted:

I realized the other day that I have never played Skyrim without SPERG. Literally never. I have no idea what the vanilla skill trees look like, aside from probably bad.

SE is going to be weird.

I launched skyrim without using mod organizer the other day.

That non modded UI still haunts my dreams, I won't bother playing SE until SkyUI shows up again.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
Has the user interface issue been solved in the Special Edition already? Kinda stopping me from bothering with it.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
I decided to replay skyrim with ordinator, imperious and apocalypse.

It's a gross kind of overpowered when you take Vancian Magic for limited number of spells but you cast all your spells for free with double strength anyway because of Ocato's Recital, Spellstrike and Contingency :v:

Though I suppose this is still better than being a stealth archer.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Soonmot posted:

I don't know but I just installed the two war zone mods for this playthrough. Got blown up by a suicide bomber

those mods just made me hate the stormcloaks more.

Imperials stop fighting when the stormcloaks are dead in a skirmish, the stormcloaks chase you down for the crime of watching their fights.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Soonmot posted:

Haha, I went all stealth/pickpocket/ lock picking on my new run using ordinator and, while I'm poo poo in a stand up fight, I can clear entire dungeons without being seen and walk out rich af. Just did a legendary reset on stealth and put some points into one handed so I'm not so poo poo when I am spotted.

Gotta give props to Enai, it's pretty hard to not make a fun build with Ordinator.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
I remember having a lot of fun with Ordinator and Apocalypse. Vancian Magic combined with the perk that allowed me to cast spells by power attacking was ridiculous. Apocalypse's Ocato's Recital and Contingency made the spell limit per day pretty much irrelevant.

By the end of the game I had set enemy damage to 500% and player damage to 25%. I was just that overpowered.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Orange Crush Rush posted:

*Be TLD, a Mighty Vampire Hunter that swore many oaths to destroy any Vampire he/she comes across*
*Some Vampire Princess with a god damned ELDER SCROLL falls into his/her lap, more or less defenseless*
*go ahead and follow her to the heart of the Vampire scourge in Skyrim and listen to whatever she says, does nothing when she hands said Elder Scroll over to her insane dad who openly admits to wanting to end the world*

I just find it really weird in general that in a game with such simplistic quests you couldn't just do the thing where if you murder a dude he has a note on his body that gives you the info to progress the quest.

If you're Dawnguard you immediately know that the objective at the end is to burn the poo poo out of Castle Volkihar, so why not just allow you to do it immediately?

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Internet Kraken posted:

Weird question, but is there a mod that speeds up the animation for when you get knocked over and sloooooowly get back up? I have a mod installed that gives some enemies new attacks that cause stagger. It was working fine but I fought a werewolf last night and it was knocking me over repeatedly without a chance for me to do anything. The recovery animation is too long for that to be acceptable, but I'd rather not disable the mod.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/17491/

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

orange juche posted:

I'm getting sucked down the rabbit hole of Skyrim modding again, pray for me, goons. :ohdear:

E: And I broke my stuff messing with SSEEdit :downs:

It's often more fun and challenging than the actual game, so just accept it

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
something something the folder achieved CHIM and zero-summed

you can explain anything away with the lore

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

The Crafting in the Cloud mod seems stupendously useful.

that's so practical and useful that it feels like a cheat mod

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Dongattack posted:

Not the one about hunting virgins :nexus:

That's just being contradictory.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Simsmagic posted:

The worst case of "Why is this character essential" for me was Rolff Stone-Fist, you guy who you first see in Windhelm harassing a Dunmer woman and spending every night yelling drunken insults in the Gray Quarter. Spent the effort sneaking up on him and making sure I wouldn't be seen when I stabbed him and.... essential. Why. He's not even relevant to any quests.

he's a gosh darn veteran you gray bellied varmint

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

I mean, if you're an immortal undead monster, and you can survive sticking a sword through your head, wouldn't you? Especially when you're drunk?

you stab your brain, it bleeds into the cup, you drink the blood. It's just a way to pass the time when the thralls are too anemic.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Smiling Jack posted:

it took me a long time to get over my 1994 X-Com habit of Saving Every Turn.

Then you find out all your guys suck at psi and you win the game on a pile of corpses.

Pre internet gaming was a different time.

I can't play OG X-COM without self imposed ironman, but for the new one I love savescumming like a bastard. I feel like you're not playing 1994 X-COM if you're not constantly feeling like you're just barely recovering from a tactical disaster of massive proportions.

As for Skyrim, I have the thing installed on an SSD for maximum efficiency savescumming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Randaconda posted:

Hell, you could easily fit a city down there

if it's a Skyrim city you could fit 15 of them