Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Okay, what am I missing about SKSE? The link in the op leads to a DL page that says it doesn't work with the SE, and, sure enough, downloading it there and pointing it to the SE directory has it telling me it can't find skyrim.exe. Launching the version I already had on the steam store just wants to open the non-special Skyrim. What am I loving up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Oh, so the whole OP wasn't updated, just the top part. Thanks!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
So basically, using Mod Organizer, I should be able to use anything found in the SSE directory on Nexus?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/searchresults/?src_cat=20

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Raygereio posted:

There also isn't a MO for SkyrimSE.
An MO2 (updated to work for the 64-bit FO4) was in the works, but it never left beta. Tannin - the guy who developed it - abandoned it and was hired by the Nexus site to work an NMM 2.0. People have taken that beta and gotten it to work for Skyrim SE, but it is a beta and still has issues.

I'd stick to NMM or WryeBash for the time being.

ffffffffffuck. Okay, thanks!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

GunnerJ posted:

What are you talking about? Nothing in the OP was written with SE in mind (other than a now very out of date preview in the third post) and it never made any pretense otherwise. There is a big flashing gif saying basically that none of this applies to SE.

It was the big bold "Last updated 10/26/16" that had me thinking the OP was current and the gif was just there to stop the "will my old mods work".

EDIT: I grabbed Ordinator based on the talk here and played for a couple hours last night as a destruction mage. I didn't have to use a weapon even once!

Of course, I also restarted because the necromancer alt start put me in blackreach where poo poo was one shotting me, so I went to the College instead.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Hollow Talk posted:

That's par for the course for all mods though. If you end up looking for something, you will always find the "cranked to 200%" thing in short order. I was looking the other day if there were any interesting clothing items on the Nexus, thinking maybe I'd find a different set of robes or some regular clothes. I assume these things exist somewhere, but what Nexus offered were lingerie, high heels, tights, "dresses" that seem to be made solely out of air and empty promises, and mini skirts. I feel ENB works the same way; you might think "maybe a little", but the mod community says "HAHA, HAVE IT ALL, OH, ALMOST FORGOT TO TURN THAT PAST 10, EH?!".

Opulent outfits and more colorful robes are what I'm wearing. Beware, it put about a million things in your leather tanning and hide crafting menus.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I'm surprised that Apocalypse doesn't have any mining or jumping spells. Between that and Ordinator, my Destruction mage has been loads of fun. I've specialized in ice spells and aside from a few enemies that are just flat out immune to cold damage/effects, have had no problems as long as I paid attention.

How is the wildcat combat mod from a spell user perspective?

Also, does anyone have any other spell mods that aren't crazy OP?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Agents are GO! posted:

I can't give you a review other than to say it owns. It's the best option for SE.

It makes destruction magic viable and fun

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Industrial Meat Package posted:

Apparently I got the remastered Skyrim for free on steam. Last time I played Skyrim was years ago, and I vaguely recall that there was an easy way to load mods from the steam client, but I'm not seeing that for the remastered version.

Please help because I am a literal 5 year old irl.

I don't go too crazy, just quality of life mods, perk reworks, and stuff that makes combat less terrible.

I'm useless at doing mods, but the Nexus Mod Manger was easy enough for me.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone tried an unarmed run in Ordinator? I completely forgot that unarmed doesn't allow blocking unless you're using a shield and all the unarmed perks require two empty hands?

I'm also using Skyrim Expanded weaponry, will those curved blades count as unarmed weapons and empty hands? This is on the special edition.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Imperious has given my kahkit punch cat the ability to leap about thirty feet while sneaking, it is wonderful. My next ability is unlocked one i get another 70k gold

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Funky Valentine posted:

Was Civil War Overhaul ever ported to SSE before the creator took it down?

I don't know but I just installed the two war zone mods for this playthrough. Got blown up by a suicide bomber

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I was using open cities on sse and don't remember oblivion gates. I uninstalled it, because it took away some planters outside breezehome from a housing mod

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
The points are refunded, so you lose them, but can put them back in on top of earning new points from leveling

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Psion posted:

I dropped by Nexus and was highly amused to see nerd of prey's ironic joke sexy follower mod is in the running for file of the month. It's being beaten 3:1 by what is most likely an unironic sexy follower mod featuring a catgirl.

:laugh:

e: I could not have made a better and/or worse 69th post in this thread, considering

Was this the sassy teen girl mod? I loved having a sassy skeleton buddy.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Lizard Wizard posted:

I installed Ordinator recently and, uh, wow. Am I supposed to use this with something that gives out more perk points or what?

I'm using a mod that lets you turn dragon souls into skill points.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Haha, I went all stealth/pickpocket/ lock picking on my new run using ordinator and, while I'm poo poo in a stand up fight, I can clear entire dungeons without being seen and walk out rich af. Just did a legendary reset on stealth and put some points into one handed so I'm not so poo poo when I am spotted.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone using Ordinator actually found the Spirit Tutors from the Restoration tree? Looking around the internet seems to say that they move between two fixed points on main roads, but I've covered about half the map without seeing one.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Of course right after I post, I find one in the road from Falkreth to Helgan

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

wiegieman posted:

Morrowind absolutely had good writing (and bad, but plenty of good) they just dumped it all when they decided literally everything must be voice acted.

this is what really did it. You already have publishers saying that players need to experience everything in one play through. Having to spend money on voice acting multiple conversational outcomes? I dread the next Elder Scrolls where they decide the PC needs a voice actor.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Cat Mattress posted:

SKSE updated. The reddit thread has some behind-the-scene info:

Is this for special edition. It's been a few months since I played and haven't kept up the news. Last I remember progress had stalled for the SE SKSE.

Alternatively: Is there a more organic way to get more perk points on leveling up than just converting dragon souls? I love Ordinator, but holy poo poo, do I need more perks unless I hyper specialize.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Kiggles posted:

That is precisely the point. It really is designed around vanilla perk leveling, where paths in trees are roughly built as trees unto themselves. But I feel you - I like to take my characters to 'completion' status, even though I never do, so say, post level 60 the game is "done" anyway.

But this might work well along side stuff like dragons souls -> perks in helping late game progression still truck along.
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/7231/

Simple money sink, basically. I personally might prefer the same but added low odds to loot lists, but it's kind of an elegant solution to two problems - late game inflation, and late game leveling/perk progression.

This is a cool one too. I'm going to try the bounty one first to see if it's too OP.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
/\ is that easy enough for an idiot to use, because I am bad at computers.

Bruteman posted:

I use the bounty one, and Ordinator itself has additional patches you can download that grant two perk points every other level, and so on.

I've found that using the extra perk point mods for Ordinator just means that, at some point after level 10, I routinely end up sitting on 2-4 points because 1) I haven't progressed in enough skills I use to add new points to them and 2) I don't want to put them in skills I'm not using. Also, when you get that many points in Ordinator, you become powerful extremely quick, which is why it's probably built around vanilla one-perk-a-level rates.

The bounty seems better, so long as I exercise self restraint. I just want to be able to dabble without locking me out of some higher level perks.

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Dec 5, 2017

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I want a spell that either allows me to climb mountains or do the hulk jump from Morrowind

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Doing a fresh install on a new laptop, which means time to remod! And it looks like there's a fresh guide, so a preemptive thanks to Chomp for that.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Chomp8645 posted:

Obviously you aren't going to have SPERG and Ordinator, nor would you have Wildcat and Mortal Enemies/Smilodon. Just sanity check for conflicts and it should be good I'd think.

These are the only conflicts with Enai's mods, right? Because I know I want to use Ordinator over SPERG along with their racial and birthstone changes.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
What do I do with this esp file, put it in my mod folder? Will it show up in MO2?

EVT ESP for SSE https://mega.nz/#!7HZglaia!Lxd5rQAc...SyrqzSmn_g0WplE - Megadrive link. I downloaded it and it wasn't a virus as of 6/17/20

EDIT: \/\/\/ty, I had to make a folder for it and it showed up

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jul 5, 2020

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
haha well I'm pretty sure i hosed up way back in setting up MO2 because I finally saw that I needed to double click the overwrite entry in MO2 to see the overwrite thing and it looks like all my mod folders are there instead of the folder I set up for the mods and the overwrite stuff.

EDIT: Maybe not, had overwrite set to the same folder as the mod folder, hopefully I fixed it.

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jul 6, 2020

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Got through everything, thanks again for that guide. Something is already wrong because I woke up in the cart instead of the alternate start cell. Going to see if I have the expanded character creation menus and stuff.

Edit: So I got this going on with a bunch of nords, where the face skin tone is off.

Hitting esc also crashed the game, so lol

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jul 6, 2020

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
So it's been over a year since I last played and I have a new laptop. Going over the op to start getting ready to mod and holy poo poo is that wabbajack as awesome as it sounds? If I can seriously not have to spend a whole day setting poo poo up and instead just click a button to get the mods installed in the right order, i'm gonna be in heaven. What are the downsides to this program?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I haven't started looking at the wabbajack lists yet since I'm not off work until wednesday, but whichever one I pick is going to have ordinator in it. I loving loved that mod. So lets say I download a list and then just want to add a bunch of clothing mods on my own, will that gently caress things up? I'm gonna put in loving lightmagickasabers too.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
huh there's only two lists that have ordinator listed in the gallery and one of them insults me for wanting to be a sneak thief, so I guess I'm using qwest.

Let's see if I get this right the first time. The instructions are already wonderful telling me to manually download four mods and linking to five.

lol already hung up since I'm not getting a registration email from vector plexus, which wabbajack wants access to

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Oct 6, 2021

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

ThaumPenguin posted:

The Wabbajack modlists got hit pretty hard by the recent mass nexus mod deletions and QWEST in particular is currently going through a full rebuild following a change in leadership, so the current (soonish to be replaced) documentation is a bit dumpy

oh holy poo poo what happened? Should I even bother trying to use wabbajack right now then?

Edit: created a vector account through chrome instead of trying to use the wabbajack window and now everything is installing it looks like. So fingers crossed.

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Oct 6, 2021

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Installation trip report: Things went good, had to restart it two or three times, but everything was installed and it's ready to play.

Except wabbajack isn't able to locate skse! I had already downloaded skse off of steam before doing this, should I not have?

Edit: Ahh because skse is set up in a folder called skyrim and not my skyrim special edition folder. Should I just c&p the files from the skyrim folder into the special edition folder where the mod organizer is looking?

okay i never actually installed skse that's what's going on lol

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Oct 6, 2021

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Can run the game fine if launched through skse, but mod organizer crashes with two errors. One is telling I have files in the overwrite folder, but it's cool and I should disable that warning.

This is the one that looks like a problem:

quote:

You have one or more script extender plugins which failed to load!

If you want this notification to go away, here are some steps you can take:
• Look for updates to the mod or the specific plugin included in the mod.
• Disable the mod containing the plugin.
• Hide or delete the plugin from the mod.

To refresh the script extender logs, you will need to run the game and/or editor again!

The failed plugins are:
• Couldn't load EngineFixes.dll (SSE Engine Fixes (skse64 plugin)). A dependency DLL could not be found (code 126).

I don't see why a mod I just donwloaded today, but I'm gonna check on that.

edit: looks like because you actually have to manually downlaod and move some files to ge that mod to work:

quote:

(Part 2) Engine Fixes - skse64 Preloader and TBB Lib

Download this and extract it to your main Skyrim folder manually; it cannot be installed with a mod manager. This is required or the skse plugin won't load.

Edit 2: Yep, that was all I needed. Game boote up fine, now to hop over to the playstation for some mass effect and I'll mess around with this tomorrow lol

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Oct 7, 2021

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I like how there's a million mods in Qwest but still just the default warpaints. At least I had almost 900 hair styles to choose from and my orc lady is hot, purple, and has antlers.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Any idea how I see my total armor rating outside of just adding everything together in the armor tab?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
It was in the armor tab but I swear it wasn't there yesterday.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Zore posted:

Trying out Wabbajack for the first time to see if I can get an install that works before the Anniversary edition fucks everything up.

What the hell is up with Qwest? For a modpack that claims to not care about graphics I seem to be downloading like 600 weird graphics mods that range from minor to 'make everyone naked and use sexy bodies'.

are there any that uh don't make you download 100 gigs of dumbass 'oooh we retextured some tiny bullshit you'll never notice also all women are now models'

lol I just did this last week and I literally just posted on facebook how this is wonderful, but every woman is now an anime waifu, including the old lady from the Hag's Cure in Markarth. Also, really pay attention to the settings you use on the main quest start in the one mod you need to configure to start. I left it at 8-21 days and I *think* it might have started. I just had some pop up saying that I felt somehting shift, but I'm still wandering around trying to trigger the start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo the Museum in the Qwest pack is overwhelming, I think it's just become the entire point of the game for me.