Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

Psion posted:

Noble Skyrim is really good and is probably the best one-stop texture replacer out there. I've tried others and I go back to NSM every time.

So it looks like the only things Noble Skyrim doesn't touch is vegetation and maybe clutter/placed objects? Would that be accurate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
I found some instructions on porting RaceMenu to SSE and gave it a shot and it works pretty well. Most importantly, you can load presets in (by going to presents and hitting f9) and import presets from Oldrim. Here is a link. I left the files as loose instead of putting them back in a BSA in case the scripts get updated. Here is the post from the original RaceMenu mod page if anyone is curious:

quote:

SSE Update
Most features have already been ported successfully, the features still missing are Overlays, Bodygen, Sculpting, and Import/Export. However presets will still load with sculpt data and should technically function.

The alpha has not been officially released because I have not gated any of the features that do not work and I don't want to be dealing with complaints regarding those features.

However if you are still determined to try the alpha:
https://github.com/expired6978/SKSE64Plugins/releases
This alpha does not include the base mod, this only includes the SKSE64 plugin which drives most of the features.

And here is the link to the working version.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1P3XQ6X_ujB4_ZrwoC5VpIJ-j1bVjYWRi

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

fuf posted:

hmm I don't see one specifically for lights but I increased the others to max.

I shifted the load order of the LOD mods which seemed to fix the flickering, but I still get light issues. Actually the main thing I just noticed is smoke on lanterns etc. suddenly popping in only when I'm really close. It's really obvious and distracting.

ELFX causes the smoke to be illuminated when you are close and it loses its illumination when you move farther away which causes that smoke popping. I noticed this myself yesterday and haven't looked at if there is a fix or not. It's too bad because I like ELFX for interiors but the smoke pop is too distracting.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
For ELFX just use the base option. Don’t install the weather portion or the enhancer. I use Relighting Skyrim for outside lighting and ELFX for interiors. You can use the enhancer if you want but I think that is the part that uses scripts and can have compatibility issues with other mods.

I’ve been using Morrowloot Ultimate (makes everything have static levels and distributes loot better), Smilodon (adjusts damage multipliers, stamina use, a few other things), and Mortal Enemies (makes npcs able to miss, adjusts npc turn speed, npc hit range) (this is all on SSE) and at lower levels the difficulty seems pretty ok. Stuff dies faster but can kill you faster. I did tweak down the stamina costs for actions though using the config options. No idea if this will hold up as I get higher level but it’s pretty easy to change the multipliers if things start becoming hp sponges or if I start getting one shot too much. I’ve been considering a mod that gives enemy types weaknesses and resistances but I’m not sure I want to deal with that yet.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

Bob NewSCART posted:

To add onto this actually, I’m doing some testing once I’m done going through and cleaning the DLCs with tes5edit to see if I can only have the tweaks to leveling and stuff that SPERG offers, while using the perk trees from ordinator. It just depends if I can disable the SPERG trees in its options or not. Anyone know if this is possible? Also are still people making bash patches?

Id like to hear some opinions on this too. I'm using Vivid Weathers Definitive Edition at the moment.

I think Matorsmash is the new thing for patches. I don't understand enough to know why but it seems to do a good job. It makes my levelled lists work well with different mods that add to them. I think it does more than that but I dont use many mods that conflict.

For ordinator you can just use that and the skyrim uncapper to tweak levelling rate, perk rate, max perk ranks. There is an optional file for the uncapper on the ordinator page that slows levelling and modifies max skill to 125 for example.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

MadJackMcJack posted:

Guys, I think I messed up somewhere. I've got 250+ mods installed on Skyrim SE, I'm 20 + hours into the game and it's still working. I've never got this far before, what do I do?

Swap from MO2 to NMM mid game.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
Any suggestions on mods that add content to SSE? Little stuff, not huge land masses. I’d prefer mods that add something interesting as opposed to mods that just add filler buildings with bland filler npcs. Ideally something like a new inn that maybe has a new quest line or two. Something like that.

Are any of the ETAC like mods worth installing? Like arthmoors mini town add ons, or the one that adds a bunch of inns?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
Hallelujah someone has finally ported meh's double perk fix to SSE.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/16544

SSE modding isn't that bad. If you are inclined you can piece together working versions of Frostfall, ineed, Racemenu, that use SKSE etc by following guides. There's only a couple mods I really miss but nothing is worth giving up the improved stability, performance, and shadows of SSE.