Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

Good Lord, HBK looks like George Carlin there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
WHAAATT!!? I work within walking distance of the arena where Chaotic held that show last night! I went to their previous show a few weeks ago, but decided not to go to this one for some reason. I usually go to one of their events every few months, and now I'm kicking myself.

Edit: Apparently he is hosting a lecture at their wrestling academy today, and that's why he's in town.

Uncle Ulty fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Sep 24, 2016

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
I feel like the issue is that now that NXT contains a huge amount of big name Indy guys, the weekly episodes are just excuses for the names to have matches.

In the past, even with other Indy guys like Neville and Sami, it felt more like the weekly shows were following the wrestlers' journey towards the NXT main event. Today, guys like Aries and Roode debut at or near the top of the card, and they could be slotted into a title match at any time without anyone thinking twice about it, but it seems like they aren't actively pushing for it or trying to GET a title match. They just exist, silently waiting their turn while they have exhibition matches and maybe meaningless feuds.

I know you can't have a Bobby Roode debut at the bottom of the card and slowly work his way up like a Tye Dillinger did, but it just seems like ever since Balor won the NXT title, there has been no upward mobility for anyone. People just stayed at the level where they debuted ever since.

I think what we need is for a beloved face to have an interesting and challenging title chase as a main focal point for the weekly shows. Something different from a perpetual Number One Contender situation.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

I'm looking at the guy next to Billy Gunn, and wondering when Fat Michael Showalter joined DX. :confused:

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
I also thought it was strange that the Drifter wasn't mentioned. Though there was a dark match before Takeover where Oney Lorcan fought "El Vagabondo". A masked luchador with a guitar. I'm sure those two things are unrelated though.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
I'm calling shenanigans on this episode of NXT. The commentators are talking as though Takeover had already happened, but these matches were filmed on Saturday night BEFORE Takeover!

This whole business is all smoke and mirrors!

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
I actually saw her debut that gimmick at Axxess. I think she's using the name Sarah Bridges now?

Her theme actually sounded much more like something out of a James Bond action scene than anything even remotely Southern.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
I think it originated at the Raw after Mania this year. I was there and it was definitely a thing during beachball mania, which is my biggest issue with fans.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

Willninho posted:

I'm happy we're getting close to HHH's true vision of NXT. All the foreigners are heels or turning heels and a boring white guy is the main champ.

Isn't the champ also a foreigner? :confused:

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Um... what is Killian Dane's solo theme music even supposed to be?

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
If there was a list of "The Last People I Would Want To Make Angry With Me And Give A Free License To Beat Me Up," every one of those people would be on it.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
At Takeover: Houston, we will finally be able to Feast Our Eyes on Donovan Dijak.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Wait, wait, wait. What if they put a shark cage... inside ANOTHER shark cage! :vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

Benne posted:

I'd totally get into a story where Regal left Kairi a secret treasure map with a title shot at the end, and she had to sail the seven seas looking for it, while recruiting some uneasy allies along the way. That should fill up a solid 10 months of NXT TV.

This seems like the quickest and most logical way for Regal to bring Pirate Paul Birchill back to my TV, so please take all my money NXT, and make it happen.

• Locked thread