Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
I'm not sure but I do wish they would cheat more. It's the one thing really missing from their old-school heel act imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
I just want to see them win a match by hitting a dude with a roll of quarters while the ref is distracted one time.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

Willninho posted:

That might be one of the things that make their old school heel act feel generic to me. Like they're good but they're heel tag control segments always feel so formula to me. This be fair none of the faces against them are Ricky Morton sellers out there. They're really good at setting up the faces though in the beginning of the matches.

It's formulaic but it's a formula that hasn't been seen regularly on a big stage in such a long time that it works for me. To be honest I don't really have a problem with formulaic so long as you keep adding new little wrinkles to the act and don't always do the same spots in the exact same order in every match coughokadacough

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Sombra flopped as babyface in CMLL too. He's just not very good at it and the horrible horrible gear (for a babyface) doesn't help. I also wish they'd give him a name that isn't two last names but I guess it's too late now.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
I know it's easy for me to say with the benefit of hindsight, but I think you had to have had at least an inkling that that music was going to get the guy over as a babyface in the modern irony-laden pro wrestling landscape. That match was really hurt by the structure being completely backwards for who the crowd wanted to get behind.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
edit: wrong thread

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Aug 28, 2016

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

So, after roughly a generation of WWE women being an afterthought, aside from 2-3 years of Lita and Trish getting good enough to have OK matches... Triple H in roughly 2014 or so goes "OK ladies, do pretty much whatever the gently caress you want. Also we don't care about look anymore much."

That has now developed into the women being in strong competition for best match on show on every PPV.

I think they still care about look a lot. Also even since the NXT women started getting called up, vanishingly few women's matches have been in competition for MOTN on main roster PPVs.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

AMReese posted:

You say "few", but that's still more than there's been in years where "none" was the case.

yes

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
it's not like they're required to have confidence in someone

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

They originally had issues with Charlotte apparently and Bayley is just ridiculously unlike the people they used to call up.

True but I can totally see them looking at new hires and going "we already have one ugly girl, we don't need another one." (i don't think Bayley is ugly)

Likewise I don't expect them to hire any more fat women while Nia Jax is there.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
tears @ the absolute dork who yelled "omae wa mou shindeiru" during Nakamura's match last night

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
TM61 will get over if given the chance to have long good matches. Unfortunately the NXT TV show has pretty few of those, and the ones they do have feature main eventers usually. Shane should start doing the Shoryuken again too. That poo poo will get over like crazy in Full Sail.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
it offends me that a guy w/ Tommy End's look and apparently a legit kickboxing background throws so many thigh-slapping kicks and does moonsaults and poo poo tbh

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Yeah dammit, injure more guys

duhhhrrrrr

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

I think they need to be hiring more of these kinds of women because so many of the current WWE/NXT women are sooo sloppy and I assume some (not all) of it is due to them not being all that high caliber athletes.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

Jerusalem posted:

I'm so glad they seem to be positioning Roode to be the next champion, that's gonna rule.

I think he's just going to be a challenger but i guess it depends how soon they want to call Nakamura up.

From what I've seen Roode seems like a completely boring worker so I'm not really looking forward to that. He's really lucky he got that entrance music.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Per the Observer:

quote:

NXT’s viewership on WWE Network has gone way down. At press time, the top ten most requested shows on VOD were: 1. Clash of Champions; 2. Ride Along with Michael Cole, JBL and Byron Saxton plus Ric Flair & Charlotte; 3. Clash of Champions per-show; 4. Table for three with Big Show, Kane and Mark Henry; 5. JBL interviews Kevin Nash & Scott Hall; 6. Clash of Champions in the German language (the first time a foreign language show made the top ten); 7. Backlash; 8. Ride Along with Enzo & Cass and the Dudleys; 9. NXT; 10. Ride Along with Styles, Anderson & Gallows and Jericho & Henry

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

No Irish Need Imply posted:

I like Hideo but I don't think he's adjusting to the WWE style.

Him and Andrade both, I'd say. You can call it them failing to adapt or WWE not being flexible enough with how they'll allow guys to work. Just a matter of perspective really.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

AMReese posted:

I'm reminded of when Triple H told Hideo to go out there and let loose. I'm convinced that Hideo is just too humble to to just that, and it's holding him back. I think he needs to be matched against stiff opponents so he will be forced to go back to his old ways. Otherwise, he's just going to keep toeing the line instead of being what WWE hired him to be in the first place.

Get Kota, Akira, or Shinsuke in the ring with him. Hell, a one-off match with Cesaro or Sheamus would probably work. Just prevent him from acting so drat humble.

idk he sure wasn't humble when he was beating the poo poo out of rookies in the NOAH dojo and making them all quit the company lol

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

oatgan posted:

unless Savoy or Lovelace has a rep for complete immaturity I've never heard before if they don't sign them I have no idea what they're even looking for

i think i would have a pretty good idea why

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
i think it's good to use outside guys in a tournament. it adds flavor and a sense of prestige. japanese promotions do it all the time.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Savoy is pretty enough, but her body-language is not very girlie.

i think she's like Bayley where she's very pretty by any sane standard but not necessarily by WWE's. i'd say they wouldn't hire another woman like that while they already have Bayley, but since she's on the main roster now i guess Nicole has a shot.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
i didn't even realize the lady in the Land's End shirt is Nikkan Lee... does this mean Ryuji Ito is going to get a tryout too?

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
If it used the NXT crew and the same guy in charge of the booking of NXT booked it, what is the significance of the distinction?

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
they still having the PC guys work each other on the undercards while the indie superstars work each other in the main events?

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
they should bring in Team Tremendous

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
I hope the revival win

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

AMReese posted:

It would be a neat success story after all of those years being squandered before in developmental and the indies.

was he really squandered? he was nothing before the 10 thing got over and i think even part of that was him being a jobber for so long.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

AMReese posted:

Do you really think he could have gotten over with the "Gavin Spears" gimmick? If the writing had backed him up, he would have been more. That's what I mean by "squandered". He's being squandered like anyone the writers don't care enough about to write stories for.

i think he's just a guy who wasn't very good until he struck gold with the perfect gimmick. i don't see that as being squandered, more like lucky.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
lol at everyone falling for Rovert's bait for the thousandth time while thinking they are the ones trolling him

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
He really hasn't been able (or hasn't been allowed, depending on how cynical you are) to translate what got him over in NOAH to NXT. I mean he's been slapping his thigh on kicks recently for gently caress's sake. That's like the anti-KENTA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

Baron Corbyn posted:

Honestly, neither Gail Kim nor Mickie James should get the rub of looking like they're remotely on Asuka's level when they're both pushing 40 and not coming back to WWE long term so it should matter less who's going to put on the technically better match and who's going to make Asuka look better when she destroys her.

except for the fact that people watch those big NXT shows to see top stars in good matches

• Locked thread