Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I have one of those Focus V Carta's and I love it but I have no idea how to clean the actual base when it gets clogged besides blowing in it until the goop comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

What's the difference between THCA and THC? I've been going with cheaper strains lately as I've been struggling heavily with anxiety (and trying medication for the first time) and don't crave the high as much as the relaxation/fix. I bought some Indica really cheap that the budtender recommended for my situation and I didn't realize until I got home that it was like 20% THCA and only 1.5% THC. I've been using it for a few days, and I still need to do additional testing but it seems that when I'm smoking that it enhances my "body" anxiety, like the lift in the chest that kind of makes me uncomfortable, and it doesn't seem like the weed I've been smoking on prior had this impact.

It's a huge amount (ounce) so I kind of want to return it but I'm not sure if they'd let me. I've never tried to return weed. It's also possible due to all the newness to the changes I'm experiencing right now that it's just a coincidence/misunderstanding and unrelated to what I'm puffing on.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Good news everybody. https://www.marijuanamoment.net/marijuana-improves-sex-and-could-help-close-orgasm-inequality-gap-between-men-and-women-new-study-indicates/

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

drat, headband was definitely one of the most prominent strains after recreational legalization in WA and I can't even remember the last time I've seen it

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

eddiewalker posted:

everything on dynavap.com is 40% for the next 2 hours. It gets the iSpire wand under $100.

The wand is sold out.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Thanks for the recommendations on the CBG. I actually just bought some high-CBG low-THC joints I've been experimenting with, so I will continue to experiment.

So, I know there has been a shortage on the 90% rubbing alcohols since we've been hit by the COVID epidemic but is anyone else also seeing a shortage in ice cream salt? I've been checking my regular grocery for weeks and that spot on the shelf is consistently empty.

Might have to drive out to the Walmart. My bongs aren't going to clean themselves.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Earwicker posted:

i dont think you need to use ice cream salt specifically? in my experience any kind of course/kosher salt does the trick

Ok I was wondering which other ones work, I'll experiment.

I have some of that Formula 420 stuff, and it works, but it leaves a gross residue that no amount of hot water can remove, only rubbing alcohol ironically.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

I worked at this place called Zones in the suburbs east of Seattle, it was one of those family fun centers.

We had a pretty rag-tag crew of misfits and we milked that place pretty hard. Generally, we stayed away from the ticket redemption items, but one night for whatever reason we looted the big-ticket items wall.

I grabbed a really lovely pool cue and a lava lamp. That was almost 30 years ago and I still have the lava lamp, it still works, and I've never changed the bulb.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

For a while I've been smoking mediocre weed in small amounts to lower my dependency for a trip at the end of this month.

When I get home I'm going to buy a Dynavap and see what all your guys are raving about.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Matinee posted:

The Dynavap is super easy to make stem milk with the reclaim. Simmer the bowl (take out the screen) and the condenser (take off the o-rings) in some milk for about ten mins or so. At that point they can just be rinsed clean for re-assembly, or hit them with some iso to get them really sparking.

Whisk in some hot chocolate or whatever you like to the milk, and enjoy, ideally on a chill Sunday morning.
I feel like your avatar picture goes with this post well if you think of the goose as milk.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Y'all saying that looks like poo poo weed but I'm still not convinced it is weed at all.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Is it safe to bring edibles onto a plane with you?

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Sunk Dunk posted:

does anyone else think it reduces tolerance switching between oil and flower? or is this all in my head
I am 100% addicted to flower in ways that oil cannot scratch the itch. Before I travel I always detox flower and stick to pen-vapes for the few days before leaving.

I recently discovered gummies are great at scratching that itch in the absence of flower even though they don't traditionally get me very high.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Medullah posted:

Do you guys have any recommendations for insomnia? Mine has been out of control lately and regular meds (OTC and prescription) have been largely useless, so figure I might give weed a shot.

Gummies come in pretty small doses, and I think most states they're fixed at 100MG for a pack. If you get one with 20 gummies that's only 5MG per. Get an indica strain, maybe mixed with some CBD.

There's a brand called Drops, and their "Heavy" gummies gave me one of the deepest sleeps I've had at a very stressful time.

Whatever you try, stick with indica.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

LifeSunDeath posted:

I have had GMO strains that do taste pretty earthy, pretty mushroomy, but I've never really noticed the garlic.

GMO strains smell like gasoline, in a good way

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Someone point me in the direction of their favorite Dynavap, I need to get one

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

I was visiting a weed-head friend yesterday and he showed us this stuff he's been buying called RSO THC dominant full extract cannabis oil.

Edibles are legally restricted to be sold in 100 mg packages, usually twenty 5mg or ten 10mg servings.

This stuff comes in a package of 7 syringes. Each syringe contains a full gram, so it's like buying 70 packages of edibles.

These are not injection syringes obviously, though they do look like they're holding black-tar heroin. It just dispenses a paste and you eat it.

My mind is still blown. I was like why is this so cheap? And he's like "Because no one wants to buy anything in a syringe", and I'm thinking, well then put it in something else?

This is the first I've ever heard of this, am I missing something? I know the concentration is good because my other friend tried some (like a 100mg dose, or 1/10th of one) and was perceptibly checked out.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Sorry, I didn't read the thread and realize people are actively talking about this stuff.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

bagmonkey posted:

its so cheap because the extraction process is cheap to do at scale and they can use shake or leftover stuff from their grow. It's also almost always been a 'medical' thing due to the strength and unclear dosing measurements, but with lots of people (like me i am signing this post) blowing out their tolerance, RSO is about to POP

Hopefully it doesn't skyrocket in price

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

If you want a data point, in this medical state 300mg of tincture has a sticker price of $50-60, and a gram of RSO (so 800-850mg THC) is generally the same price.
I just bought 7g of RSO for < $100. 1g of dabs generally goes for $20-$70 (yes there is a huge range).

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

yes yes yes

I wonder if he would asphyxiate if he didn't pop up, that smoke is dense af

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Well on this threads recommendation I now have a Dynavap M+ with a dyna coil and FMJ in the mail. Better be worth all your fuss!

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Good, because for some reason ordering from the Simrell website was a huge pain in the rear end. It wouldn't take my card, so I had to dig into my old PayPal account that I hadn't touched for like four years. But in a stroke of luck, my PayPal had birthday money from my dad from three years ago. Ultimately, this was a net positive for my trouble.

FYI the Dynavap website is offering 20% for what I assume to be all of their accessories for a 4/19 sale. If you want to get a fancy lighter or something.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Anybody have a good tutorial link or some sage advice on how to use the DynaVap? Mine just arrived today with a FMJ and I'm not familiar with this kind of thing. I've got the FMJ installed properly, just looking for advice on how to load and hit the thing. I got a few accessories (like rings of some type, and a wax) that I don't know what to do with.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

This seems pretty good. I assume the difference with the FMJ is you don't have to rotate it. https://www.sneakypetestore.com/blogs/vaporizer-reviews-user-guides/how-to-use-a-dynavap-vaporizer

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

poverty goat posted:

*takes rip* ok guys what if we made a vape battery that looks like a concealed weapon

lol i was just thinking this is not going to help me get onto any airplanes

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

I just emptied my grinder's kief catch which was completely full. What's your favorite thing to do with your kief?

I am not going to boof it.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

So not really vibing with my dynavap, figured I'd pick the brains of the thread.

First, maybe I should have known better. I've never enjoyed vaporizers. I had an early old-school version of a dry herb vape and I've even been fortunate enough to use a friends Volcano. I never really seem to get lit from that method.

I bought the M+ with the FMJ and it seems to do what it's supposed to do but at this point I'd rather just take a rip off my bubbler.

Is it possible I'm using it wrong or are some people just more inclined towards different methods?

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

I had to cross-post this from the Trump thread

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Plan R posted:

Does anybody actually like smoking joints?

A nighttime walk, or chilling on the beach are prime examples of when I like smoking joints. Otherwise, not really.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Nothing has ever made me trip more than mushrooms. I had an extensive out of body experience on a mushroom trip that permanently altered the way I see the world.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Sucrose posted:

Have you tried LSD? How about Ayahuesca, lol?
I've taken acid. It just made me see crazy poo poo and go temporarily insane. Mushrooms actually ascended me to a higher spiritual plane.

I've never done any form of DMT.

Ecstasy just makes you love everything.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

I have to cross-post this awesome post from the relationship thread. This was in response to someone saying the only difference between weed and caffeine is the stigma:

Achmed Jones posted:

this is not at all true. somebody smoking a joint (or two) is a lot closer to downing a bottle of wine (or two) whenever they "had a rough day" than it is to coffee. like, he's not hurting anybody if he wants to get stoned as hell as his way of dealing with the world, but she's pretty reasonable to worry about it. it's just that she should've thought of it before there was a child involved, not after. it's 2023, aint nobody getting the equivalent of a single beer off a joint

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

eat it

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Sunk Dunk posted:

is there any way to change my dna to make edibles work o n me?

try the rosin ones

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Stoned house-cleaning is also awesome.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Sunk Dunk posted:

kfc gets a lot of hate for some reason when it's mostly just fine. like when people say taco bell makes them poo poo their pants. i think they heard someone say it and just repeat it
the last two times I ordered KFC (there will not be another) the chicken was literally raw

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Stuffing your joints with tobacco so they "burn better" instead of just improving your roll game...

It's disappointing.

Hopefully we're saving you from some real world embarrassment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

ReelBigLizard posted:

I actually liked the taste of good tobacco before I started weed, can't stand a lot of the every day cigarettes or tobacco though. I get a natural sun-cured tobacco called Pueblo Blue and it's delicious and toasty and goes great with weed and coffee.
Do you smoke it out of a pipe like a gentleman?