Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
good water pressure

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
there are stem jobs in southern maine but theres also boston 2 hours south

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Panty Saluter posted:

this was always such an infuriating thing to me

maine has had very good public schools and has turned out a lot of qualified graduates. of course then any graduate with something to offer moves away because jobs are very few and far between. what is maine's perpetual answer to the "brain drain"? MORE EDUMACATION!!!! :pseudo:

cheaper Portland housing would go a long way to encouraging people to stay but theres nimbys all up in that poo poo so nooope.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I lived in rural maine and then in bangor, maine is a loving nightmare so get out asap

anything north of Freeport is horrible but southern maine is ok.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
that's now how it works

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I don't think you'bve ever been to southern maine

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
don't u live in edmonton or something?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

SmokaDustbowl posted:

yeah and it's a million times better which should say something

lol no

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I've never seen so many straight up crackers that rock rebel flags and ICP hatchet stickers till I lived in maine

Ive never seen anyone w/ a rebel flag or icp stuff in maine.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
idk what that is

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Panty Saluter posted:

i wish i could move back to portland, it owns so much

what do you mean? you don't want to pay half a mil for a 1k square foot condo?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

never seen those in maine

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
bangor is terrible for sure. I would not recommend living there or anywhere north of Freeport.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
that poor cat is trapped in an alternate universe of blue-green light.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

hah

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

yessssss

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I love wieners

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
trump? yeah, for sure

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

omgomg

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

DrPossum posted:

something faster than doggo?

https://i.imgur.com/tupZFW1.gifv

no way hoser

good dog

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
bottle deposit is dumb as poo poo and creates extra waste streams that need to be handled instead of just collecting it all at the same time.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

SmokaDustbowl posted:

people easily confused by bottle deposit in here

whats confusing about it to you?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
opioids disproportionally kill white dudes so I'm ok w/ it.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
maine has bottle deposit which is stupid because the materials have enough value to make them worth collecting outside of the deposit. if people were tossing their poo poo into the city recycling instead of driving it to the grocery store you'd end up saving boatloads in energy and deposit compliance.

like I just toss it all into our recycling dumpster and the trash company pays us per pound to take it away. we just have to not put trash in there.

if it weren't for the recycling pickup the deposit wouldn't be enough to keep me from trashing it.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

duTrieux. posted:

the federal government can fix it overnight by requiring a central prescription clearinghouse so as to flag shell prescriptions and lax controls by particular physicians. it will need the cutting edge of digital and network security which shouldn't be a problem with the resources of the government at their disposaalghjpblth

Remember when healthcare.gov was sending patient data unencrypted and then claimed it was ok cause they weren't covered under hipaa?

Lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

*smokadustbowl's eyes immediately fill up w/ weird canadian money signs*

they're called tires.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Canadian tire money (the official legal tender of Canada) has don cherry (the official mascot of Canada) on the front.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

SmokaDustbowl posted:

lol it has a picture of some scottish dingus on it come on son

I used to know a liquor store that would take canadian tire money

I'm pretty sure ive seen don cherry in that hat.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lmao

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah that made me lose it

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

butthole hair, imo

isn't there one though? some drug that renders your liver unable to properly metabolize alcohol so you just immediately get the world's worst hangover?

e: yeah, disulfram

that's the King of Canada you dumb cretin.

i keep a 10c one in my wallet to show to students when canadian money is brought up
don cherry is not the king. Canada doesn't even have a king it has a queen because they are british subjects

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
                                                                                                                                                                                        oops
                                                                                                                                                                                        /
                                                                                                                                                                                       /

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
sinking greenpeace is a noble cause

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

an amanita posted:

You know these are real from the ridiculous unresized original res.

owns

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

also owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the zumwalt is way cooler, built here in maine, and also litterrally captained by James Kirk.

• Locked thread