Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Chromatic officially has free rein for dog picture posting in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Pron on VHS posted:

if you button a Jos A Bank suit too often the button falls off

That's why I got mine from JC Penny

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Lmao

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Do it ironically posted:

Celebrities and rich people love slacktivism, they get to feel good about themselves by making people "aware" of an issue without spending any of their millions or giving up their free time

This is hardly unique to celebrities or millionaires

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I always thought the national anthem at sporting events was weird as hell. There is nothing about sports that makes me feel particularly nationalistic, especially against two American teams.

Like international play, do the national anthem. Why the gently caress do we do it before literally every domestic sporting event? Its weird.

To remind us of the greatness of freedom of this country. Like when ushers at Yankee Stadium made someone piss himself because they wouldn't let him go to the bathroom during God Bless America

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Freaking millionaire QBs who won't honor murica and show their loyalty (flies stars and bars)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Mel Mudkiper posted:

After every first down you need to kiss a bible and jack off a bald eagle show your respect for this country

I don't have to worry about it I have JJ Watt on my team :patriot:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kaep going after that elusive deadlifting IT worker market

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Tyreek Hill is a Chief

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Wtf Chromatic where are the dog gifs

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Voodoo posted:

That looks like one of those cheap $10 t-shirt jersey things. If you're going to make a spectacle out of it, at least make it Limited-level of jersey.

Well it's a Kaep one so it probably came off the clearance rack for like $2

Also I'm really starting to hate the term "slacktivisim". Like you're not allowed to have an opinion unless you're spending the equivalent of a full time job doing rallies and poo poo

"Colin I think you'll find your opinion is rendered invalid unless you give up your NFL career and use your body as a human shield for the many 11 year old black children being fired upon"

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The less shown of Rams-49ers the better

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I agree in general, but in this case why can't he spend the equivalent of a full time job being an activist? It's not like he has anything else to do this football season.

He probably could, but not doing so doesn't render his point invalid

It's an easy to way to brush off someone's point without having to actually address it

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Elephanthead posted:

Think of poor Jeb.

:yeah:

Goetta posted:

I wonder what the Marines who 7tormed the beaches of Iwo Jima and raised that American Flag would have thought about your ''Dead Arm" Colin????

Like Follow Subscribe

ftfy

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kalli posted:

Colin Kaepernick gives a twenty minute long interview laying out exactly why he's doing what he's doing, the people he's worked with and what he hopes to accomplish.

But yeah, he probably just wants to get cut because he sucks.

That's how things work now though. Someone has complicated reasons behind their actions and people who disagree reduce it to "Why do you hate (thing that's hard to publicly hate)?"

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

This thread sucks but it's not like I didn't know that was going to happen when I asked that it be made

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

4 lyfe

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Hating on someone for giving to charity because they could have given more is such a dumb thing. He also could have given nothing, so what?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

quote:

For what it’s worth, Colin, we agree: The oppression of black Americans remains staggering. But those slave ships haven’t arrived here in over 150 years. The oppression of American blacks is primarily perpetrated by American blacks.

:supaburn:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaart

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Well I mean it's now legal precedent that police don't have an obligation to protect and serve

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Andy needs to stay healthy so the Texans will retain the possibility of winning a playoff game

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Gynecolojustice posted:

I had a roommate from Buffalo, he was a wild dude, loved to brew coffee in a French press with boiling milk instead of water

Boiling milk makes it curdle

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

fsif posted:

Gonna have to say the first one

Did you get permission from Mister Fister before posting his picture?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

His hat is a huge surprise

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

IF YOU DON'T VOTE YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN

*stands outside voting site in black majority district with AK47 slung over shoulder*

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Oh I absolutely wasn't kidding

lol I live just west of Spring

Is that dude wearing KISS armor?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

That's fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU