Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx
why the gently caress does she not cut that gross mole off her goddamn face?

why does anyone with a face mole not get that poo poo cut off??? this continually boggles my mind...it looks like poo poo, literally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Zzulu posted:

asian fighters really struggle in modern martial arts, most of them get destroyed in the ufc

this is contrary to what movies has taught me :(

the 1980's was just like 10 years of mis-marketing karate and karate-like nonsense

wrestlers knew

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Zzulu posted:

everyone looked like a total slob in the early mma days

this is true of every athlete pre 2000 or so

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx
the good thing about eastern martial arts is that they serve as sort of a lighthouse of people to avoid interacting with

for example, if someone unironically tells me they practice some kind of kung fu or tae kwon do poo poo or has it on their resume then i know with full certainty that they are some kind of spergo retard

*bows*

*exeunt dojo stage left*

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

el B posted:

Shield Energy vs . Reality

https://youtu.be/04CA27140j4

that dude is mega retard but you have to get him credit for taking some real punches like a total baus

i love how after all that lo pan poo poo in the other video the dude just grabs his hand and boots his nose into the back of his brain. maybe that will fix his mental illness

here's to a beautiful history of 3000 years of bullshit arts

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Zzulu posted:

There are of course legit asian martial arts. Karate and Muy Thai being the big ones, but there's a lot of garbage out there also

Most of it is bullshit.

Moridin920 posted:

The fighter matters way more than the system in question.

This is really the biggest factor. Mostly hyper-aggression and conditioning which Crossfit is perfect for the type of conditioning you should have. I wrestled in high school and I wish so bad that Crossfit had existed back then because I would have been so much more in shape in the manner required.

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Fat Shat Sings posted:

i think if crossfit had existed back then you'd be unable to move due to destroyed joints from doing the stupidest exercises on the planet

- a guy that thinks every video on youtube is crossfit

[pro-tip: they aren't but keep using this as an excuse to be fat. im almost 40 and have been doing crossfit for several years and have zero joint problems.]

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Fire Barrel posted:

I hear a lot of people talk up cross fit, especially some of the people I know that do combat sports/MAs on the side, but then I hear a lot of fitness people bash it as being dangerous. Seems like it must be decent for at least conditioning, albeit unsafe. Even a few fencers I know do it.

Also, reading about kickboxing in the kickboxing thread makes it seem like it has some of the most ridiculous poo poo going on behind the scenes compared to even normal boxing or MMA.

the basics of crossfit:

oly lifting (C&J, snatch)
power lifting (squat, deadlift)
kettlebells
limited plyometrics (box jumps)
calisthenics (pushups, pullups, crunches)
running

NONE of these are dangerous to a healthy individual with proper technique. Bottom line. Some fitness people poo poo on it because it's more effective than what they are selling and they want your money.

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Fat Shat Sings posted:

sorry we had a crossfit megathread for a really long time with thousands of examples of all the retarded poo poo crossfitters do and the universal realization that if you applied "That hyper aggression" toward real actual exercises you'd be much better off.

If you aren't doing the body destruction stuff and instead are just working out really hard at a branded "Crossfit" gym then congrats you are a yuppie and could do the same thing literally anywhere else for 10% of the money.

sure, fat gently caress

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Moridin920 posted:

lol

nm that tons of Crossfit people get rhabdo

"tons?"

what the gently caress are you talking about? like 99% of the human population doesn't have the mental discipline to voluntarily induce rhabdo without plowing their car into a bridge pylon

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

LegoPirateNinja posted:

You forgot the most important part: doing all of that poo poo wrong.

thats a good exercise tho brb beating the poo poo out my walls

actual crossfit is doing it right

that's like saying trap shooting is dangerous and dumb because you watch videos on youtube of people holding the shotgun backwards and shooting themselves

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx
has anyone said Ronda Lousey yet?

haha!! mole face bitch got giraffe necked

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Internaut! posted:

I don't follow MMA much less this thread but why was ronda a fraud? didn't she legit beat a bunch of other broads for the belt, or was it rigged

i would venture to bet that her body generates enough testosterone to be on the right tail of a bell curve which basically makes her king of girl beating regardless of any kind of special training

in the land of the blind the man with one eye is king, etc

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

spacetoaster posted:

What are we looking at here? Is there something funny about her shorts or something?

she got mad fat from the suicidal depression that followed getting her neck stretched by holly

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

AndyElusive posted:

Ronda Jean Rousey is cool and good and took like 9 arms home with her that she hangs up next to all that Olympic and Bantamweight gold and the DBZ Vegita figures she collects.

Born: February 1, 1987 (age 29)

Yep, confirmed millennial with terrible tastes and fascination with anime poo poo.

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Bro Dad posted:

round ronda rousey

Rounda Rousey :smug:

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Neurolimal posted:

Does anyone have that story about the last olympic marathon before steroids became commonplace, IIRC the ending was "these guys collapsed from exhaustion a quarter-way through, one poo poo himself before almost dying, this guy won because he jogged half the way then took a cab to the finish line"

not saying roid jokes arent funny, just that these fights would last like 20 seconds if they werent ruining their bodies, humans are kinda pathetic when not using our advantage (branes)

rezatahs posted:

everyone knows if want to compete in high endurance sports you got to juice it up

just look at any modern competitive marathon runner and tell me they aren't juiced to the loving gills

these comments are so dumb that i doubt you can feed yourselves safely

i wrestled in high school and some in college and never took steroids and also did a bit of ultramarathon and my military combat (line) training, etc

you see the person in the uniform that meets marathon runners at the finish line in the olympics?? yeah, that person is not allowed to let the runner leave their sight once finishing till they watch them produce a urine sample and then it is run through a full panel....2 hour marathons can be legitimate but if you need more reasons to rationalize your sedentary lifestyles then go ahead but at least be honest about it

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

rezatahs posted:

was pretty sure my post was dripping if not drenched in obvious sarcasm :shrug:

my mistake then. apologies

this guy on the other hand...

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I was going to ask if you seriously are saying that there isn't steroid use in the Olympics then I remembered you are the "Crossfit is the most superior form of training" guy and answered my own question

you seem to get quite upset about sports and exercise topics. were you raped by a barbell as a tiny child which causes you to lash out with uninformative shitposting?

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

LadyPictureShow posted:

Secondly, anybody have any opinions on what was the most unbalanced UFC fight imaginable?

rousey v holm

http://fightstate.com/serious-rumors-are-circulating-holly-holm-was-on-steroids-because-of-this-image/

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Solice Kirsk posted:

Isn't that one of those weird lady cups (don't know the word). Gymnists and swimmers wear them too. Hides the camel toe.

wearing a cup to a weigh-in? i don't think so. and nothing is being covered there. you can see almost every feature of her clitoris and labia

still would doe

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx
:nws: :nws: http://imgur.com/a/PvA9v :nws: :nws:

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Fat Shat Sings posted:

did the military make you retarded or something? You seem to have an issue with just repeating things you are told.

"Crossfit is the best possible form of physical fitness and people talk poo poo because they are jealous of it's greatness"
"The Olympics doesn't have any steroids because people test for it."

I mean if you are "Robot Pride" because you are a literal robot that has programming for brains and is trying to understand the complexities of the world you live in and human interaction then I'll give you a pass. It's either that or you are a giant innocent toddler that somehow hasn't learned what lies are.

i'm going to start a gofundme to pay for wipes to clean the angry spittle off you monitor and keyboard

pretty sure i touched a nerve.....a fat one

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Fat Shat Sings posted:

anyone that doesn't do crossfit is fat. Got it.

your lack of evidence to the contrary in your case is compelling

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

spacetoaster posted:

"Cris Cyborg says she and Ronda Rousey are a soap opera that needs a dramatic ending"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ramatic-ending/

I don't know a lot about this MMA stuff but dang, that cyborg lady is built like a tank.

why does fighting always have to be the dramatic ending with these people?

watching them passionately eat each other's snatches is equally if not more dramatic of an ending

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

CrazyLoon posted:

To be fair, Rousey said she wouldn't fight Cyborg cuz she's a steroid cheater or something, but she never was asked if she'd be up for an angry sex wrestling match with her.

well, if she is then that reduces the logistics costs since they won't be needing a strap-on

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

tenspott posted:

Cyborg's been juicing so long it's probably altered her body in a permenant way.

they do things like make your shoulders broader and bones denser and muscle recruitment is reportedly still higher even after not using

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-24730151

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Bro Dad posted:

yes but does pete holmes actually count as a man?

the post clearly stated it was a goon and not a man

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Cnut the Great posted:

i think weight classes are bullshit because Spider-Man routinely beats foes who are several times stronger than him

:goonsay:

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

whoflungpoop posted:

ask him about his opinions on football and nod seriously at the very manly tantrum that ensues

say something bad about sportsball and watch people get butt rash for days

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Vargs posted:

it is salsa from the post-match fiesta

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx
why the gently caress would anyone cast ronda rousey for roadhouse?

people liked patrick swayze because they liked watching him give roundhouse kicks to people's faces

ronda is only good at taking roundhouse kicks to the face

is it some kind of inverse perspective movie where you get to empathize with the people on the other side of the story and understand their struggle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Solice Kirsk posted:

Is the Roudhouse movie even still going on? You'd think the studio would pull it since no one cares about Rousey anymore. Would be better with Gina Carrano anyways. Or an actual actor that can act instead of trying to tie it in with MMA. Or just stop remaking loving movies already.

the last option is correct

• Locked thread